The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
26332614155_7222241c08_b.jpg

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
Jay Baruchel wrote a book about being a Habs fan. I found a copy at the local thrift store so I picked it up. It's not bad and some of it really hit home (we're almost the same age), but it's still Jay Baruchel and he can be pretty obnoxious. He really hated the PK Subban (I wonder how he feels now?). The best anecdote is when a Kings fan tries to pick a fight with him at a Habs game in LA, but someone defends him because he wrote Goon.

Elisha Cuthbert, Jay's co-star on Popular Mechanics for Kids (and Chris Cuthbert's daughter), is also a Habs fan.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Jay Baruchel wrote a book about being a Habs fan. I found a copy at the local thrift store so I picked it up. It's not bad and some of it really hit home (we're almost the same age), but it's still Jay Baruchel and he can be pretty obnoxious. He really hated the PK Subban (I wonder how he feels now?). The best anecdote is when a Kings fan tries to pick a fight with him at a Habs game in LA, but someone defends him because he wrote Goon.

Elisha Cuthbert, Jay's co-star on Popular Mechanics for Kids (and Chris Cuthbert's daughter), is also a Habs fan.

They are both from Montreal.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

This is non sense.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario

Crappy to hear Jay can be obnoxious. Lol I remember Elisha from Old School but that’s pretty much it

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Wow! What a dummy I am. I never put one and one together to get two.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
Elisha Cuthbert worked at the Greenfield Park arena when she was a teen and before she became famous. I'd see her there when I'd go watch my nephew play minor league hockey. No surprise she's a big Habs fan.

Scottish Hab

Mar 2, 2018
Glasgow
Respectfully disagree. I like Jay I think he’s funny (in his limited roles) but yep big Habs guy!

He is also a fan of my Football (soccer) club, made a documentary film about his journey from Canada to Glasgow (via Ireland) for a match here, Celtic Soul was the name, movie starts of in the Bell Centre.

He could not have picked a more dull season to come over for a match, but was decent watch all the same

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad