Proposal: Habs - Ducks

mytduxfan*

the denial is strong with this one

Where is the denial in preferring to keep Fowler over weak prospects and picks? At no point did I say Fowler is worth Galc or Patches. It just doesn't make sense to move Fowler for anything less.

Get over it kid.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Where is the denial in preferring to keep Fowler over weak prospects and picks? At no point did I say Fowler is worth Galc or Patches. It just doesn't make sense to move Fowler for anything less.

Get over it kid.

i didnt say anything about a trade offer, all i said was that we refused to move our #9 OA (according to trustworthy sources like McKenzie) for Fowler so asking for players like Galchenyuk, Patches and Gally is ridiculous (obviously directed to the posters who asked for those players).

get over it kid get over it kid!!

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
i didnt say anything about a trade offer, all i said was that we refused to move our #9 OA (according to trustworthy sources like McKenzie) for Fowler so asking for players like Galchenyuk, Patches and Gally is ridiculous (obviously directed to the posters who asked for those players).

Go back and read those tweets, he didn't say that with any certainty at all. It's not a black and white, factual statment.

mytduxfan*

Nowhere in those tweets does it say that MTL refused to give up #9OA. All we know is that 9th OA may or may not have been on the table and, for whatever reason, no deal was made. It is just as likely that BM refused to accept #9OA alone as it is that MTL refused to give it up. BM even said "we were never close". That to me suggests that no one came up with a suitable package. The price of a player isn't just what a buyer is willing to offer, it's also what the seller is willing to sell for. So making statements like "Fowler wasn't worth 9th OA" is completely inaccurate and a false narrative MTL and BUF fans have been spewing ever since the draft.

I don't see why you have a problem with someone stating what our needs are. We need a first line LH LW or C. Only Galc and Patches fit the bill. That's what we'd want for Fowler (we'd obviously add). That's all someone said. No one said that Fowler was worth Galc or Patches straight up. When MTL fans have come back with statement like "no way I'd move Galc or Patches for Fowler", no one has vehemently defended such a proposal or tried to devalue Galc/Patches whilst shoving Fowler down your throats. I know MTL fans wouldn't accept that deal, so I never asked. But it's not unreasonable for someone to simply state our needs. If you take offence at it. Get over it kid. We don't need weak prospects and picks. We don't want Emelin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->