Pittsburgh, PA
what I would do with the habs is this:

Trades:
Brian Gionta to NYI for NYI 2013 2nd Rounder
DD traded to WPG for Mark Stuart + 2nd Rounder
Raphael Diaz + 2013 1st Rounder traded to NYR for Ryan McDonagh
Rene Bourque traded to COL for Steve Downie

Draft:

if all the trades would happen that would give us 5 2nd rounders to continent our rebuild to the stanley cup and if we really wanted to get a 1st rounder we can easily trade CGY's and NSH's 2nd rounder to get up to the 1st in the 25-30 range but in my view, its not worth it. Unless if CGY was willing to trade the 22nd overall and if Zach Fucale was available and I know habs fans would love to have Zach Fucale. Plus we have price for 5 years and that would give Zach Fucale enough time to develop into a #1 goalie.

UFA signings:

Viktor Stalberg 4 years 1.8 mil av (aka Moen's contract)
Bryan Bickell 4 years 2.5 mil av (aka Prust's contract)
Nathan Horton 6 years 5.25 mil av
David Steckel 3 years 1.5 mil av

this is what our team would look like next year

Patches/Pleks/Horton
Bickell/Eller/Gallagher
Stalberg/Galchenyuk/(Downie/Kristo)
Moen/Steckel/Prust

Subban/McDonagh
Markov/Emelin
Gorges/Stuart

Price
Budaj

this is a great way to build our future and keep our hopes to win as many as Stanley Cups without hurting our prospects pool. it also lets us ease our prospects into the line up and let them develop into NHL players. plus we don't have bring up Nathan Beaulieu and Jarred Tinordi up right away and let them play in the AHL for another full season. Plus if we get an injury they are more then capable to fill in.

thoughts?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I don't think any of it is even a remote possibility or in the team's best interests. I don't think any of us are looking to discuss stuff like this.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
tell me what you don't like about it?

TDG is referring to how much movement is going on in the OP, how unlikely it is for the players to sign with us and how unlikely the trades are. You've got to take it slow. You seem to have put some time and effort into it, which we all generally appreciate, but I think you've jumped your guns a little bit here. Focus on a couple of deals or signings and not on changing the whole team.

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
Why would we trade our captain to the Islanders for a mid 2nd rounder? Gionta's also got a full NTC, and I can't see him waiving for NYI.

We just signed DD to an extension. He isn't being traded. He had a bad year. Wait and see first.

Rangers wouldn't give us back McDonagh for Diaz and a 1st.

Trading Bourque for Downie is a downgrade.

Little interest in Stalberg.

Bickell's gonna get a good chunk more than Prust's contract, solely based on his current playoff performance. Unlikely he'd sign with us anyway.

Don't want Horton. He's damaged goods.

Steckel is meh.

jake08

Apr 6, 2013
The entire thread is foolish and should not be a thread, u could have easily commented int he habs off season thread. Having said that, have you considered the chance of any of these moves even possibly coming true. Do you really think Nyr is going to trade their top deferenceman for a first and an at best top 4 defenceman. Not a chance in hell. Next Bergervin is not trading our captain. It just won't happen. We also just resigned dd to a new contract and his value is probably at an all time low, no point trading him either atm. The chance of the habs signing 4 of the top ufa's available are also slim to none, and bergevin has expressed himself many times in the philosophy of building through the draft. Horton would never sign here, bickell is signing in chicago or somewhere else for much more $$$, think about how much gonchar just made. Stallberg would not sign for that little. If this were a video game maybe some of these things could possibly happen but it's not.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
You should try it on NHL 2013 and come back to us.

ytvp16s.jpg

gses1aW.jpg

49PMT5h.jpg

Kcbb0h1.jpg

Case in point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad