Habs Draft Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Half off topic but habs have too much extra depth up front.

Hudon and others are expendable, maybe even some guys who had bounce back years can be traded if Poehling/Suzuki are supposed to compete for spots. I hope it can get us some more picks. We've done well with our picks last couple years so I want more.
They'll examine each of these options for sure. Picks aren't just reserved for Montreal. Take into account also Laval. Getting extra depth on every positions year after year is encouraged. Increasing the % of studs over the busts is what we all want.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
They'll examine each of these options for sure. Picks aren't just reserved for Montreal. Take into account also Laval. Getting extra depth on every positions year after year is encouraged. Increasing the % of studs over the busts is what we all want.

I agree. I feel the Laval team has been dry of legit prospects for a while. It needs more competition and some playoff success to groom the players. More quality picks and patience will help.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
1st - 15th
2nd - 46th
*2nd - 50th
3rd - 77th
4th - 108th
5th - 130th (Oilers)
5th - 135th (Hawks)
5th - 137th (Yotes)
6th - 170th
*7th - 211th (Jets)

* Could change if teams make the finals or a team behind them does.
The 50th is Jackets right? That Vegas obtained in another deal? So it's really about what the Jackets do to determine where we pick.

Reactions: FedorTyutin

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I hope that, for this draft, they go BPA in the 1st round, and that they focus on puck-moving LHD and skilled wingers with some size from the 2nd onward (like Ylonen, who's 6'1)

And as usual, I hope we get more picks, but I doubt it'll happen, unless Bergevin wants to trade Petry/Shaw/Tatar while their values are at their highest.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Trade Petry and then what? Miss the playoffs next year?

We have no one that can step in and do an equally or better job.

Even though I'm okay with not making playoffs next season(if we continue to stockpile) I think we're better off trading a forward than our #2 best D.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
1st - 15th Denisenko, Brannstrom, Kunin, Senyshyn, Larkin, Pulock, Ceci JT Miller, Forbort, Holland
2nd - 46th Fehervary, Salo, Smith, Sprong, Bergman, Oloffsson, Bussieres, Edmunson, Marincin, Lehner
*2nd - 50th (jackets) Ginning, Comtois, Kayumov, Greenway, McKoewn, Heaterington, Sissons, Sundstrom, Brickley, Ryan
3rd - 77th Lauko, Mirageas, Hall, Montembeault, Siebenaler, Toews, Guentzel, Stephenson, Catenacci, Guptil, Hackett
4th - 108th Koumontzis, Strome, Malmstrom, Spacek, Harpur, Obrien, Archambeault, Arnold, Shattock
Some quality on the board in the last 10 years.

I know it's mostly useless, but I like to do this... Just to see what we can expect from year to year trends.

Bobby Mac has
15- Cam York
46- Vladislav Firstov
50- Simon Holmstrom
77- Billy constantinou

I don't like York but I have to say I wouldn't be mad to add this much talent to our pool with only four picks.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Columbus unfortunately needs to lose to the Bruins or Leafs next round... else our 2nd 2nd gets pushed to the end of the round and looks more like a 3rd.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
1st - 15th
*2nd - 50th (jackets)
*7th - 211th (Jets)

* Could change if teams make the finals or a team behind them does.

The asterisk looks a little off as making conference finals bump the pick down as well.

Subject to the results of the NHL Draft Lottery (discussed below), the teams pick in the same order each round, with each team getting one pick per round. The basic order of the picks is determined as follows:[7]
  1. The teams that did not qualify for the playoffs the previous season (picks 1–15)
  2. The teams that made the playoffs in the previous season but did not win either their division in the regular season or play in the Conference Finals (picks 16–23 up to 27) = We need Columbus to be in this group
  3. The teams that won their divisions in the previous season but did not play in the Conference Finals (potentially picks 24–27) = Tampa & potentially Calgary, Nashville, Washington
  4. The teams that lose in Conference Finals (picks 28 and 29)
  5. The team that was the runner-up in the Stanley Cup Finals (pick 30)
  6. The team that won the Stanley Cup in the previous season (pick 31)
The pick can improve if Dallas, Colorado, Vegas makes the Conference Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->