Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Jeremy Gregoire with the 176th overall pick (info in OP)

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
I remember in Pittsburgh they started chanting USA when Gauthier spoke french, now they actualy cheered like hell.

I wonder if there's a big contingent of Habs fans there? Every game I've been to in NJ there always has been, and I noticed on our very first pick Bergevin was cheered when he spoke French, as well as the pick itself being cheered.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
REALLY happy with this pick. As the regulars on the draft threads know, I'm very high on this kid and have personally drafted him in the 4th in the 2nd mock draft of the Habs board.

Grégoire is from my hometown, and I've been following him for a few years now, dating from the days he was in Bantam AA.

Grégoire was one of the youngest players of this draft with Barkov and Mackinnon. He's a two-way Center that plays a tough, physical game. He has to work on his skating, but he gets around alright. The olympic ice in Chicoutimi didn't really help his case.

He's a guy who is built for the playoffs. He went on a tear in the post-season and scored half of what he did during the whole year.

He's a warrior that will do anything to win(block shots, win faceoffs, drop the gloves).

He was originally a top5 pick in the 'Q draft in 2011, so the potential is certainly there.

I think he could make it as a 3rd/4th liner in the NHL.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
REALLY happy with this pick. As the regulars on the draft threads know, I'm very high on this kid and have personally drafted him in the 4th in the 2nd mock draft of the Habs board.

Grégoire is from my hometown, and I've been following him for a few years now, dating from the days he was in Bantam AA.

Grégoire was one of the youngest players of this draft with Barkov and Mackinnon. He's a two-way Center that plays a tough, physical game. He has to work on his skating, but he gets around alright. The olympic ice in Chicoutimi didn't really help his case.

He's a guy who is built for the playoffs. He went on a tear in the post-season and scored half of what he did during the whole year.

He's a warrior that will do anything to win(block shots, win faceoffs, drop the gloves).

He was originally a top5 pick in the 'Q draft in 2011, so the potential is certainly there.

I think he could make it as a 3rd/4th liner in the NHL.

How would you compare him to other projected bottom 6 centers in our system like Vail or Bournival?

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
GREAT PICK. That guy would literally take off his equipment and still block shots for his teammates. He is a warrior, will hit, fight, forecheck hard, etc. Very intense player, lacks speed but has some good skills, very good defensively as well. With some work, could become a 3rd liner in the NHL. Definitely is a surefire 4th liner, hometown kid, lots of intensity, loving this. Can't be mistaken with a guy like this, basically Steve Begin with size and skills

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
How would you compare him to other projected bottom 6 centers in our system like Vail or Bournival?

I think he is more of a long shot than those two. I also think he has eventually more offensive potential than Bournival has. Vail being the player with the highest potential amongst the three.

I'd say Grégoire is a lot tougher than the two others, even though Bournival and Vail are not softies, Grégoire can really be mean.

I know he's not afraid to drop the gloves, but I'm not quite sure yet if moving on to the pros he'll still be as aggressive physically of if he'll settle down because he won't be able to backup his play. That's probably the only question mark I have as far as his type of game goes, because for the rest, he's a gamer.

As pointed out, he'll have to work on his explosion on skates, but that's not too worrisome. He's definitely the worst of the three in that department though, Bournival being the faster skater.

Grégoire comes from a family of hockey players (his father played in the LNAH for Sherbrooke and his grand-father coached the Faucons de Sherbrooke in the 'Q).

Last edited:

Analyzer*

He has a video on the habs website. He talks ridiculously fast.

VL55

Aug 12, 2010
Montreal
Sens fan. Hated the Habs. Don't like this pick.

Hopefully, you are just making random statements.

If these are two arguments followed by a conclusion, you are the mos irrational poster of draft day, and that would be saying something!

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I think he is more of a long shot than those two. I also think he has eventually more offensive potential than Bournival has. Vail being the player with the highest potential amongst the three.

I'd say Grégoire is a lot tougher than the two others, even though Bournival and Vail are not softies, Grégoire can really be mean.

I know he's not afraid to drop the gloves, but I'm not quite sure yet if moving on to the pros he'll still be as aggressive physically of if he'll settle down because he won't be able to backup his play. That's probably the only question mark I have as far as his type of game goes, because for the rest, he's a gamer.

As pointed out, he'll have to work on his explosion on skates, but that's not too worrisome. He's definitely the worst of the three in that department though, Bournival being the faster skater.

Grégoire comes from a family of hockey players (his father played in the LNAH for Sherbrooke and his grand-father coached the Faucons de Sherbrooke in the 'Q).

This sounds amazing for a 6th rounder! This draft is a slow burner but the more I'm reading the more I'm thinking this draft has a chance at rivalling last years picks (after Galchenyuk). Pumped!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad