Habs' De La Rose suffers "cardiac episode"

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Habs (and de la Rose) should consider themselves lucky this was caught now, and didn't happen in the middle of the game like we saw with Rich Peverley or Jiri Fischer.

If there's ever an example of an arena turning into a mausoleum, it's when a player nearly dies on the bench and the game doesn't matter at all anymore.

Hopefully de la Rose recovers.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Why can’t we just be thankful that the young man is alright and that this medical condition was caught in time to ensure he’s healthy and alive?

4 comments in and people are already speculating about a situation they know absolutely nothing about and throwing him under the bus.

Reactions: King In Glory

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Really sucks for him as he's had a tough time making the roster but finally seemed to be establishing himself as an NHLer this year. Hope he can get himself sorted and come back.

Last edited by a moderator:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Hoping a praying for a full and fast recovery for De La Rose.

No idea what caused his episode, but I have to say that a lot of these “energy drinks” probably aren’t very healthy and aren’t really regulated or inspected by the FDA. I wonder if the Canadian counterpart of the FDA does?

Reactions: Oan

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Young people have heart issues for a variety of reasons.

Hopefully they identify the issue with De La Rose and treat it.

Edited after I saw the quoted post removed.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

No idea what caused his episode, but I have to say that a lot of these “energy drinks” probably aren’t very healthy and aren’t really regulated or inspected by the FDA. I wonder if the Canadian counterpart of the FDA does?
I don't think energy drinks are any more unhealthy than soda and caffeine pills.

Ephedrine is legal in Canada however and not in the us

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I'm no doctor, but energy drinks probably aren't too much more of a factor than regulated stuff like ephedrine and caffeine.

Most of the energy drinks are just so loaded with b-12 you pee out the excess you don't need.

Back to De La Rose, it's good they caught the episode and are looking into it. Depending on what the episode was, there are a variety of tests to help get a clearer picture

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Hopefully it's a panic attack. Scary as hell they often (usually) present as the patient experiencing what they believe to be a heart attack.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
little note from experience that some very common arrhythmias are little more than annoyances and are not especially dangerous.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad