Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Coyote : Wednesday October 30th at 22H

If it's up to you, Price will play against?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think the Habs are a very hard working team with speed but we are not physically strong which means we lose puck battles and possession at times. Are they more physically stronger then us? Not sure. Who is the faster team? Thinking the Habs but also not sure.

Can we out talent them? I think we have more talent and it might come down to special teams.

Coyotes don't allow too many goals and they play tight waiting for mistakes. I don't believe we will take them lightly. Should be a good one I think

Lawson Crouse and Carl Soderberg too bigger guys who can skate. I don't see us scoring a pot full against the coyotes who currently have the fewest GA in the league.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It's not a bad idea to rest Weber and I think Juulsen is a good fit with Mete. Don't know if Juulsen is ready for a top 4D NHL role just yet though? What has he played? 2 AHL games so far?

As far as Weber goes, it doesn't look good when speed clutters him up but he does do a lot out there that people don't value. This season might be a wake-up call for him though if he thinks he's playing a top role for the next 3 or 4 years. Needs to work harder in conditioning in the off season IMO.

However, if Weber is not neutralizing players down low, playing physical, and not scoring PP goals, he becomes very average or below average. Seems like a rough season for him in terms of top pairing value and can he rebound? We will see.
Conditioning is not an issue, he beat everybody in testing during camp.

He's aging, that's the issue. As we continue on, you move him down in the lineup and utilize him more effectively, which we are already starting to do.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
As much as we’d all like Juulsen back, he’s not ready. Just heard an interview with Joel Bouchard and he said as much. There are good signs though, esp. from the 2nd game Juulsen played last week, where he was great both with and without the puck.
And even if Juuls was ready, who does he replace. He can't play the left side effectively enough at this time to supplant those already in there and Weber, Petry and Fleury shouldn't come out.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
And even if Juuls was ready, who does he replace. He can't play the left side effectively enough at this time to supplant those already in there and Weber, Petry and Fleury shouldn't come out.

I agree Juulsen lost his spot to Cale Fleury when he couldn't answer the bell. I always had him making the team if this was not the case. But he needs ice time and plenty of it now so a platoon situation won't help anyone at this point.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Conditioning is not an issue, he beat everybody in testing during camp.

He's aging, that's the issue. As we continue on, you move him down in the lineup and utilize him more effectively, which we are already starting to do.

He lacks foot speed and is being beat physically which is the real problem. His strength was always being a physical force in terms of clearing the net, neutralizing players along the boards and puck battles. As well as goal scoring on the PP. He clearly is struggling to maintain top paring quality.

And it's not hard for Weber to stand out in terms of physical strength on our team of smurfs. I doubt he beat everybody in conditioning and foot speed.

I have no problem with Weber as long as he doesn't take a nose dive in what his personal strengths are. If he wants to maintain top 4D quality in the next 3 or 4 seasons, he needs to work at conditioning.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lawson Crouse and Carl Soderberg too bigger guys who can skate. I don't see us scoring a pot full against the coyotes who currently have the fewest GA in the league.

Might come down to special teams between these two teams. Habs would be very lucky to score 4 on the Coyotes as they have been a good defensive team for even parts of last season.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I have no problem with Weber as long as he doesn't take a nose dive in what his personal strengths are. If he wants to maintain top 4D quality in the next 3 or 4 seasons, he needs to work at conditioning.

Isn't there a thread on this forum about food and conditioning? Someone should send it to Webs.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Good god this place gets quiet during long layoff. Now, Clod isn't exactly helping by providing any fodder for the angers for the masses. Like say, would it have hurt him to move KK to the 4th line win during practice? Or have Fleury practice as 7th D while moving Reilly up the chain? Something...

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Will Habs have all three of Domi, Weal and Cousins playing tomorrow, as part of "stick it to the old team", "homecoming", etc ,etc...

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Exactly. I think it would just be comforting to know that he's regained his form, is all. Doesn't mean he has to be rushed. All the better that there's no spot for him, he can do what he has to do and just focus on getting better. His time will come.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
We barely eeked one out against these guys last game (last season), and that's because they called off Chucky's late goal for offside.

I thought the Wings would be an easy game and they crushed us, so.. Not going to predict anything staggering.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Man, I'm surprised Garland is doing so well. Having seen him play over 50 times in Moncton, I never thought he'd make an NHL roster. He was dominant on the PP, skills were off the chart but had a lot of bad habit. 4 minutes shifts. Easy to knock off the puck. Slamming hist stick on the ice to receive a pass at the other blue line when his Dman had the puck in behind his goaltenders. He was the definition of a floater. Great job by the Arizona developpment staff and the kid. Using his skills in the right way could end up in a high end talent.

Reactions: mouser

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Man, I'm surprised Garland is doing so well. Having seen him play over 50 times in Moncton, I never thought he'd make an NHL roster. He was dominant on the PP, skills were off the chart but had a lot of bad habit. 4 minutes shifts. Easy to knock off the puck. Slamming hist stick on the ice to receive a pass at the other blue line when his Dman had the puck in behind his goaltenders. He was the definition of a floater. Great job by the Arizona developpment staff and the kid. Using his skills in the right way could end up in a high end talent.
Some guys get bored in junior and it comes out in these sort of ways. Maybe being a pro is kicking him in the ass a little.

Reactions: Acadien86

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Some people say Arizona is not a good team in this thread, they will be shocked. They play good hockey. They missed playoffs last season due to multiple injuries. Game won't be easy

I agree. Didn't they just win over Buffalo, one of the hottest teams so far this year? I think they shouldn't be underestimated.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Watching Arizona tonight it's clear we aren't going to out work them (the Tocchet effect).
Can we out talent them?

Keller/Kessel/Stepan/Schmaltz/Soderberg vs Domi/Drouin/Gallagher/Danault/Tatar

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
They started the season 0-2 and they outplayed the opposition in those games.

They've played hard all season , a lot of their talent is finally starting to mature.

I expect Raanta in net tomorrow because Kuemper played against buffalo and Raanta will be rested. He is a very good goalie. Top 5 in save percentage two years ago but just kept getting injured. He can steal a game.

Kessel has not been good. but the line of Garland, Schmaltz and Dvorek has been there best one. I remember Garland came up last year and shocked everyone. I thought he was just a minor league scrub. But he plays like it's game 7. Dude works very hard and has good skills.

Like Montreal the Coyotes are build small and fast. Crouse is a big guy but outside of that they don't have much in terms of size.

Reactions: Tyson

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
These long layoffs are brutal for a team early in the season, just brutal.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I agree. Didn't they just win over Buffalo, one of the hottest teams so far this year? I think they shouldn't be underestimated.
They shouldn't. They're a well organized, hard working bunch. It was the same last year, but they seem to have terrible luck with injuries. Still, they almost made the playoffs.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad