Rumor: Habs considering Pominville

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePens2500

Aug 1, 2019
Wouldn't be a terrible addition considering he can still contribute 10+ goals but where exactly would the Habs play him? Seems pointless for a 4th line/press box player

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Pominville got the bulk of his points the past two seasons playing with Eichel before he completely tailed off and was pushed down the lineup as the season wore on. He's a shell of his former self and won't be hitting those numbers playing bottom six minutes with mediocre players.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
I wonder sometimes how these rumors get reported. Pomvinville has been linked to Montreal all summer. Is this a new source confirming the rumor? Or is this a corporate mandate for news, and Engels is just parroting, one of those things and that everyone in the know, already knows.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Sounds like Bergevin. Can't get an actual center, so just get yet another filler. What is this now, seven years of excuses? Erm, excuse me. "This is not Playstation."

I am no Bergevin fanboy (if it isn't obvious by my post history and avatar) , but Domi/Kotkaniemi/Danault/Poehling/Suzuki/Evans/Thompson/Peca is the best C depth we've had in nearly 3 decades...

This post has me feeling like:

what_year_is_it.jpg

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I Would rather give Vanek a chance along Kotkaniemi not the 3rd line but let see what Pominville has left on a PTO I’m fine with it

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
His isolated impact is fairly impressive, if you're into that sort of thing of course.

Having actually watched him over the last few seasons, his isolated impact is non-existent. His points almost entirely came from skating on Eichel's RW and being smart enough to hang out near the net. Having that sort of vet savvy isn't nothing, but anyone expecting him to drive play will be sorely disappointed.

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Over Armia? No thanks.

He’d be competing for the 4th line spot if anything.

Which is also okay. He’s probably league minimum on a one way deal at this point

People always overreact to these types of depth moves for some reason

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
We need someone on the 4th line now that some (including Bergevin) believe Weal is the answer to the top 9 RW problem...Don't think he is a bad vet to have in that limited role and if the price is right. (PTO/<1 million signing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad