Habs Comic Strip

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
I've been thinking the past few months that it would be fun (and perhaps a bit therapeutic) to create a Habs comic strip with Therrien/Desharnais as the main characters..P'tit Mike and Lil Davey. It wouldn't necessarily have to be animated per se...it could be more in the style of Frank magazine with photos and speech bubbles.

I think it could prove to be quite popular..the other thing would be to either start up a Habs website to publish the strips on or if that's too complicated find an existing website that would be appropriate to utilize for such a project.

if anyone has any bright ideas feel free to PM me or respond here...it would be nice to have a website publish some of the gifs that are posted on here as well. There are a lot of creative people around here....might be able to create something pretty humourous...just the different facial expressions of Mike we could use alone would make Tim Murray giggle.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I automatically thought of you and MIG as contributors

Not sure I got the skills for the job. Here's my rendition of contract negociations between Subban and Habs mgmt from a few years ago ;)

apNSg1J.jpg

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This thread is not going to end well...

Love the idea of it btw, back in University I used to write for a humour newspaper and we'd fill in the bubbles for Calvin and Hobbes cartoons with hilarious results... but this still isn't going to end well.

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
I'm in (for the technical stuff anyway)!

We could do the comic in JPEG or "Gif it" like I did for this one :

VHSUDiO.gif

We could use a common set of characters but have a few different writers.

Nice idea anyway :yo:

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com

You're the mod, man, keep it under control ;)

Love the idea of it btw, back in University I used to write for a humour newspaper and we'd fill in the bubbles for Calvin and Hobbes cartoons with hilarious results... but this still isn't going to end well.

Used to do the same at home. Would use Liquid Paper and redo the captions, stick the strips on my sister's door at night so she'd wake up laughing in the morning. My favorite to mess with was Mr. Abernathy:

aber27may74.jpg

Jokes always revolved around sex :D which was easy, since the character looks like an old perv, and he was always surrounded by women. Good times :laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Sure it will we can get rid of both in the cartoon world! :sarcasm::D

Not referring to you and the Missus LG. ROFL

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I've been thinking the past few months that it would be fun (and perhaps a bit therapeutic) to create a Habs comic strip with Therrien/Desharnais as the main characters..P'tit Mike and Lil Davey.

seriously stupid idea

and if you want therapy, there's the desharnais thread part 300 or whatever it's at now

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Now those tweets make perfect sense. Looking forward to some Bloumeister magic. Never disappointed with your endless imagination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad