Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Canucks (Tomorrow 11PM ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't understand the motive for late starts like this, there are no fans in the stands and one would think that the goal would be to gain as much national audience as possible. I lived in the Pacific time zone a very long time ago(the Yukon) and it was the coolest thing to get to watch games at 4-5 pm in the afternoon, especially on the weekends. We would start drinking at noon and be well into her by game time, fun times.

Living in Yukon sounds interesting. Any good stories to share? How long were you there and how did it come about that you did?

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
I don't have a good feeling about the rest of this week....hope I am wrong!

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Living in Yukon sounds interesting. Any good stories to share? How long were you there and how did it come about that you did?
I lived there for a little over a year, my uncle lived there and I went for a visit and I ended up staying. It was the wildest, biggest most grand example of nature that I have ever seen. 24 hours of sunlight in the summer time, 50 pound lake trout, massive Grizzly bears and Wolves and free spirited people everywhere. Frigid cold winters, I mean cold like you barely imagine but beautiful northern lights dancing in the night sky and oh yeah, earthquakes lol.

People came there from all over the world to explore, it was also a place that I think that many types went with the desire not to be found if you know what I mean. I met some interesting characters in my time there, if you've ever watched Mountain Men you would have a pretty good idea of the types that inhabit the territory.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The game won't even start till 12:15 AM, not worth it to watch Webrot ice the puck and make mistakes all over the place. I will be here for the Calgary game though. I am sure that some other fool can take my place lol.

I actually found a definition for "Webrot":

The process whereby a poorly maintained Web site degrades, in that it increasingly contains links to pages which do not exist. Also see cobweb site and orphan page.

Web rot - Oxford Reference

Transposing it to our situation: The process whereby a poorly constructed first pairing D degrades, in that it increasingly favors a lack in judgment and a playbook which does not exist. Also see Dandouillon, Charred Rot and Brain Rot.

Since Webrot is @WeThreeKings' coined term, I'll leave to him as to whether the definition needs more tweaking.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I actually found a definition for "Webrot":

The process whereby a poorly maintained Web site degrades, in that it increasingly contains links to pages which do not exist. Also see cobweb site and orphan page.

Web rot - Oxford Reference

Transposing it to our situation: The process whereby a poorly constructed first pairing D degrades, in that it increasingly favors a lack in judgment and a playbook which does not exist. Also see Dandouillon, Charred Rot and Brain Rot.

Since Webrot is @WeThreeKings' coined term, I'll leave to him as to whether the definition needs more tweaking.
:biglaugh:If it is out there to be found, you will always find it, you know everything!

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
If there is one positive of this late start I say it is Habs loyal European fans will get to watch the game or at least later part within more reasonable morning hours. Enjoy this one.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I lived there for a little over a year, my uncle lived there and I went for a visit and I ended up staying. It was the wildest, biggest most grand example of nature that I have ever seen. 24 hours of sunlight in the summer time, 50 pound lake trout, massive Grizzly bears and Wolves and free spirited people everywhere. Frigid cold winters, I mean cold like you barely imagine but beautiful northern lights dancing in the night sky and oh yeah, earthquakes lol.

People came there from all over the world to explore, it was also a place that I think that many types went with the desire not to be found if you know what I mean. I met some interesting characters in my time there, if you've ever watched Mountain Men you would have a pretty good idea of the types that inhabit the territory.

That is such a fascinating account, thanks for sharing. I guess you must have been YoungCraig71 back then, where you tipped your hat, was your home. There are certain things we can do so much more easily at certain junctures in our lives.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If there is one positive of this late start I say it is Habs loyal European fans will get to watch the game or at least later part within more reasonable morning hours. Enjoy this one.

I wish our European fans would post more often. We only rarely see them post and most of the time, it's a one liner about where they're posting from and how late or early the game is.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
The game won't even start till 12:15 AM, not worth it to watch Webrot ice the puck and make mistakes all over the place. I will be here for the Calgary game though. I am sure that some other fool can take my place lol.

sillyoldfool.gif

I'll see what I can do!!

:laugh:

Reactions: OldCraig71

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Practice lines today. Gallagher with KK and Toffoli. Armia with Danault and "Filthy Mitts" Tatar.

EwEiVzLWQAogBuI

I'm actually curious to see Danault with Armia. I hope they have chemistry. I always liked Byron-Danault-Lehkonen.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I can't ever remember a NHL hockey game starting at midnight Atlantic time. I will be skipping this one, the habs are barely worth watching at regular start times.

I seem to remember some California games starting at midnight NL time in the past but never a game starting at 12:30am NL time before. What is the reason for this late start other than to really irritate east coast fans?

With the huge amount of Hab fans in the east you'd think the NHL would want the game to start a little earlier instead of an hour later but that perk only applies to the Figs it seems.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The Habs are not worth it but our banter is. :naughty:
I agree. This site is what keeping me following this team. And it was HIO before that. The team is not worth it.

Now... if they bring back Michael Therrien for the third time..., then we're talking!

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I don't understand the motive for late starts like this, there are no fans in the stands and one would think that the goal would be to gain as much national audience as possible. I lived in the Pacific time zone a very long time ago(the Yukon) and it was the coolest thing to get to watch games at 4-5 pm in the afternoon, especially on the weekends. We would start drinking at noon and be well into her by game time, fun times.

You can take the guy out of Newfoundland but you can't take Newfoundland out of the guy hey b'y. :)

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I had a nap and am ready; thing is, I'm a day early. :laugh:

I have a buddy who moved from Victoria to Whitehorse. That was 10 years ago and he's never looked back. Best move he says.

I also don't own a cell. Never saw the need as I get about one phone call a week, and never call anyone. Yeah, they call me Mr. Personality. :sarcasm:

I do however have a Facebook and Instagram account. FB is a good way to keep in touch with a large extended family and share photos and stuff. Instagram can be very educational and entertaining depending on who you follow and what your interests are. I figure people who post a lot of pics of food and things here would enjoy IG. Twitter is nothing but people complaining or arguing. I'll peek at it once in a blue moon. I wonder if my Myplace site still exists?

As far as the Habs go, I've resigned myself to the fact that we 're gonna just squeeze into the playoffs only to be unceremoniously ejected in the first round. Just pining for the day I see the headline everyone dreams about.
"Marc Bergevin congédié!"

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I had a nap and am ready; thing is, I'm a day early. :laugh:

I have a buddy who moved from Victoria to Whitehorse. That was 10 years ago and he's never looked back. Best move he says.

I also don't own a cell. Never saw the need as I get about one phone call a week, and never call anyone. Yeah, they call me Mr. Personality. :sarcasm:

I do however have a Facebook and Instagram account. FB is a good way to keep in touch with a large extended family and share photos and stuff. Instagram can be very educational and entertaining depending on who you follow and what your interests are. I figure people who post a lot of pics of food and things here would enjoy IG. Twitter is nothing but people complaining or arguing. I'll peek at it once in a blue moon. I wonder if my Myplace site still exists?

As far as the Habs go, I've resigned myself to the fact that we 're gonna just squeeze into the playoffs only to be unceremoniously ejected in the first round. Just pining for the day I see the headline everyone dreams about.
"Marc Bergevin congédié!"
Lol... I fell asleep on the floor as my son was playing around me... he appareantly gave up on me, left the room and I had the most beautiful almost 2 hours nap I can remember. I am ready... same as you though... one day early :D

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

If you bike or if God forbid, something happens where you become stranded, it may well be worth having at least a basic model so you have a fighting chance of getting help.

Reactions: sheed36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad