Habs call up Josef Balej

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Great day for the NHL is a bit much, isn't it? ;)

That said, Balej has been very impressive for Hamilton this season and i hope the Habs give him a fair look before sending him back down to the AHL.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
And he did absolutly nothing vs the Devils in his first game. Not knocking the kid but there are lots of prospects like him. He may or may not work out but he will have to fight through the size issue.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
no it don't change the fact that he played poor . It help him to know what the NHL is exactly , the tempo of the game isin't the same at all in the AHL . btw i watched Suglobov 1st game and Balej looked better than him ;) Anyways i never said he was the next coming of Jarri Kurri :p

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
You seen that game? Suglobov also fractured his wrist some time in the 2nd so I guess that didn't help :) I know what you mean, he was feeling his way around the rink. Suglobov said after the game that the NHL is so much faster then the AHL.

#44_delivers

Dec 21, 2003
edmonton
i really thought he did quite well for his first game, its too bad being on that line but he looked alote better then alote of le habitants tonight, the whole team seemed to have there game stalled by a second or two but he was more willing to get in the dirty plays then most, he got hit 2 - 3 times and is starting to understand what its all about, i mean no one expected him to get a goal on his first shift like lemiuex :]
i hope he sticks around when he manages utilizes his asets more he'll be a dandy.
he left a good impression on me.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
#44_delivers said:
i really thought he did quite well for his first game, its too bad being on that line but he looked alote better then alote of le habitants tonight, the whole team seemed to have there game stalled by a second or two but he was more willing to get in the dirty plays then most, he got hit 2 - 3 times and is starting to understand what its all about, i mean no one expected him to get a goal on his first shift like lemiuex :]
i hope he sticks around when he manages utilizes his asets more he'll be a dandy.
he left a good impression on me.
leave him develop in the AHL, this is the same way NJ killed Berglund's skill and potential, leaving him rot on the 4th line or pressbox.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
leave him develop in the AHL, this is the same way NJ killed Berglund's skill and potential, leaving him rot on the 4th line or pressbox.

You need to understand how the Habs management handle prospects. They call up youngsters who are playing well in the minors and give them stints in the NHL for 2-3 weeks. Mostly fourth line time, but more as a way to give them a taste of NHL-life: practices, working with the coaches, and some playing time. Much of the learning will be done in practices and in the tape room though.

#44_delivers

Dec 21, 2003
edmonton
Mike8 said:
You need to understand how the Habs management handle prospects. They call up youngsters who are playing well in the minors and give them stints in the NHL for 2-3 weeks. Mostly fourth line time, but more as a way to give them a taste of NHL-life: practices, working with the coaches, and some playing time. Much of the learning will be done in practices and in the tape room though.
yes its a very rewarding system, and if they get recalled back to the farm team they know what to work on to get them ready to get called back up.
all tru$$$$ goes to gainey savard cj and the squad, im not worried about player developments.
and despite what some people think, i feel they'll play balej tomorrow with more minutes, with ward out he'll have a really good chance to crack the line-up.

leafaholix*

I like this kid.

Great skater, I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

#44_delivers

Dec 21, 2003
edmonton
go pierre hedin said:
I like this kid.

should be a very nice game tonight bro, i cant wait, theres nothing like a good ole habs leafs game, should be a great one i think.

leafaholix*

I agree.

Good luck to the Habs.

Toronto's getting back a couple regulars and it'll be a great game.

#44_delivers

Dec 21, 2003
edmonton
go pierre hedin said:
I agree.

Good luck to the Habs.

i hope it is a good game i always look forward to watching this rivalry it gets me pumped sizzo hard.

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
go pierre hedin said:

Really? Damn. ;)

Whose back for the Leafs tonight?

As for Balej, well i thought he looked pretty good last night...especially considering he was stuck with 2 guys that look like they are skating in mud. He certainly did not have a poor 1st game...he played a conservative 1st game, but you could see flashes of his great wheels. I don't think it will be too long before he replaces Dagenais on the 2nd line. Pierre is good when he's scoring, but when he's not (like the last 2 games), he can be flat out awful.

leafaholix*

IN: Robert Reichel and Ken Klee.
OUT: Bryan Marchment (game time), Owen Nolan, Darcy Tucker, Alex Mogilny, Tom Fitzgerald.

RE-HABS

Feb 27, 2002
CANADA
go pierre hedin said:
I like this kid.

Always a great game with the habs and leafs. No matter who is playing or where the teams are ranked, I love these Saturday night tilts, they never disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad