Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Bad Babits are creeping back.
It's a matter of time before this team loses some games in a row. Starting with Saturday.

4-1 Booins.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Everything we've seen so far points to that being false

You gonna say the same thing if we lose to Boston and Tampa? A very distinct possibility. Last night was a good example of how a one line team fares in this league. Whenever Danault Tatar and Gallagher go stale we are going to be screwed. Teams will hone in on this. Last night and never mind the refs for a minute we were outplayed by 3 of 4 lines.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Hope we get smoked and it humbles our expectations for this season even more. The sooner this happens the better so we can be sellers at the deadline. Last thing we need is to fade towards the end and just miss the playoffs. This is the track we are on boys and girls... like it or not

This has to be sarcasm. Tank or not, if you're a Habs fan hoping for Boston to win you're simply asking to not be taken seriously.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Montreal better end this "Deslaurier is an everyday player" thing if they want to have any actual success this year. I know Bergevin thinks its one of the better moves he's made, but its really not.

Keep playing him though, I want a good pick.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This has to be sarcasm. Tank or not, if you're a Habs fan hoping for Boston to win you're simply asking to not be taken seriously.

Trust me, I will watch the game and hope we win. But if we lose, I'll be fine with it. I can deal with reality and I consider it a win/win situation. We can't lose! ;)

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
We gonna win this game 3-2, possibly in overtime.

Typical Habs to play well vs strong teams, and drop the "easier" games.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Montreal better end this "Deslaurier is an everyday player" thing if they want to have any actual success this year. I know Bergevin thinks its one of the better moves he's made, but its really not.

Keep playing him though, I want a good pick.

Deslauriers sucks but he's playing like 10 mins a game at maximum, he's not making or hurting the tank. Waivers is where he belongs. Just play someone who has some hope left *cough* Hudon *cough*

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Really looking forward to this game.
I wonder what Marchand has in store for us.

The Halak vs. Price matchup should be exciting as well. Unless they put Rask but he's playing like shit and always gets destroyed against the Habs.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Season never feels fully started til Montreal plays Boston.

Price will have to be exceptional because our D was dominated by the Eichel line imagine what the Bergeron line will do.

According to the mainboard/Torts rivalries don't exist anymore; however I do expect to see some intense hugging from Gallagher and Marchand in this one.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
If both Shaw and Deslauriers are in the lineup, I won't be a happy camper.

Tough game on the road in Boston. Curious to see how the team responds after the turd they laid last night.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Sorry folks but Mete is not ready and needs more seasoning. A fast skating puck moving D man that creates zero offense? Send him down and bring up Kulak

Reactions: Rapala

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If both Shaw and Deslauriers are in the lineup, I won't be a happy camper.

Tough game on the road in Boston. Curious to see how the team responds after the turd they laid last night.
Be ready to be unhappy

Dongstoppable

Oct 12, 2017
Shaw and Deslauries need to go, useless for the team we're trying to ice around speed and passing, they can't do much of either and take dumb penalties, Shaw especially. Physicality is grossly overrated in today's game and they frankly barely bring that at this point. They belong with the Alzners of the world, in 2008. I'd be happy if they never played another game for us.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Shaw and Deslauries need to go, useless for the team we're trying to ice around speed and passing, they can't do much of either and take dumb penalties, Shaw especially. Physicality is grossly overrated in today's game and they frankly barely bring that at this point. They belong with the Alzners of the world, in 2008. I'd be happy if they never played another game for us.
100% THIS!

It's not 2011, you need all 4 lines to contribute. You can't have a useless line that makes the other team better as part of your gameplan. Speed and skill>crash and bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->