Proposal: Habs-Blues

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Habs need a 2nd line LW.

St-Louis need a center since Backes isn't coming back.

What about a move centered around Steen and Plekanec??

What would be the kind of parts needed to balance the trade??

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Steen is better defensively than Plekanec IMO and given the fact the blue have a fair bit of scorers up front they should not be dealing a player as defensively sound as Steen.

In no way am I saying Plekanec is a defensive liability, but Steen should honestly be in the running for the selke

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Habs would likely have to use Steen as a 2C if we move Plek.

For some reason I always have pictured Plekanec in a Blues Jersey, I'm a habs fan btw. But it doesn't seem to make sense now.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Steen is better defensively than Plekanec IMO and given the fact the blue have a fair bit of scorers up front they should not be dealing a player as defensively sound as Steen.

In no way am I saying Plekanec is a defensive liability, but Steen should honestly be in the running for the selke

I disagree, I think Plekanec is better defensively and has shown that the past 5 years (this year being a downyear for the team though). He's also been in the running for the Selke a lot more than Steen.

Did not know Steen would play C, but out C depth would be weak without Pleky or a C coming back. Really like Steen though, and think he's a better player

trevorftw

Voice of Reason
Sep 7, 2009
Saint Louis
With Backes gone, I want to cling to the last remnant of the dark ages of the St. Louis Blues.

Plekanec is a really great player though.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
The only way I see Plekanec being traded, would be if we were able to get Shipachev.......

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Stastny, Berglund, Lehtera, Steen, Brodziak.

I think the Blues are fine at center for a while.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Really ? I thought Berglund (used mostly as a winger if I'm not mistaken) would've been the likely candidate to go back at C, behind Stastny and Lehtera.

After Steen got hurt, I think Berglund went back to center. It was fairly fluid but management seems to like Steen there. Potentially centering Fabbri and Tarasenko

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Habs need a 2nd line LW.

St-Louis need a center since Backes isn't coming back.

What about a move centered around Steen and Plekanec??

What would be the kind of parts needed to balance the trade??

Then we'd need a #2 centre.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
We have middle 6 centers coming out our ears. We need a top line center to play with Tarasenko. Lehtera just isn't good enough and Stastny doesn't click with Vladdy. Blues are going to try to Steen, and maybe Fabbri, out in that role to see which works best. Plex, while a good player, doesn't really fit as a top line center with Tarasenko either. His capability as a shut-down center would be wasted. I'd rather have Steen's versatility with our line-up. Plex doesn't fix our problems.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
If the Blues can negotiate a deal that keeps Steen even remotely more cap friendly than Plekanec we're better off with him. This move seems like even in a win-win it's a lateral impact on both teams. Rather stick with Steen and see what we can do this year since our GM already decided not to improve the team in any way.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I mean, if we trade Plekanec to fill our #2LW need, we'd then be in need of a #2C ourselves. So what would be the point?

Sign Shipachyov, trade DD instead.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Andrighetto
Radulov-Shipachyov-Gallagher
Carr-Plekanec-Shaw
Byron-Danault-Mitchell

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I'd argue that Plekanec is better defensively. But with us planning on contending, we can't trade our our best defensive forward. We don't have anyone who can handle those tough defensive assignments and penalty killings like he can.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Every summer it's the same thing. A group of Habs fans want to trade Plekanec in order to solve our top-6 scoring issues. If you trade a top-6 forward for a top-6 forward, you're no further ahead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad