Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Bluejackets - Tuesday at 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Big game against a team Montreal is tied with in the standings (although CBJ have 2 games in hand and more ROW).

It’s too bad Niemi played horribly yesterday. This will be Price’s 4th game in 6 days. He needed a rest day.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I have zero faith in this team right now. But good job getting those 4th liners Marc, that really has helped!

Reactions: Tyson

Jul 6, 2016
Big game against a team Montreal is tied with in the standings (although CBJ have 2 games in hand and more ROW).

It’s too bad Niemi played horribly yesterday. This will be Price’s 4th game in 6 days. He needed a rest day.

Martin Brodeur rarely took a game off... As one of the leader of that team, I was expecting Price to come to CJ and demand to start that game vs the Panthers.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Habs are not a great team. Problem is not the team. Is that the stretch they were in were against the top teams. And The Florida game is just a team who was dead tired of being overmatched most of the time. We are in a very bad position, not good enough to be relevant, not bad enough to to pick gamechanging players. I saw that scenario before....

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Those 4th liners were not the reason they lost 3 in a row on the road.... Waste of time pointing fingers at 4th lines. You better find problems on the top three lines. That's where they are.

Please point out where I said they were the reason? I'll hang up and listen to your call.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Those 4th liners were not the reason they lost 3 in a row on the road.... Waste of time pointing fingers at 4th lines. You better find problems on the top three lines. That's where they are.
He's just saying that Bergevin wasted time working on the 4th line because it wasn't a significant part of the team's play, not that it was the reason of our current streak.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Martin Brodeur rarely took a game off... As one of the leader of that team, I was expecting Price to come to CJ and demand to start that game vs the Panthers.
Price isn't going to demand to play over the backup. That would be a jackass move.

I disagree with Julien's decision not to start Price though. I think if he does we probably win that game. And now that we've lost it, we're not in great shape going forward when looking at the schedule.

And this board is so bi-polar. We were way too ahead of ourselves during the streak and we're way to depressed now. It's one way or the other here....

We knew we weren't as good as the Lightning but we've put in some good efforts against some great teams. I don't see us completely dropping off a cliff because we lost a couple of games. The upcoming games will be tough for sure but they're certainly winnable games.

Jul 6, 2016
He's just saying that Bergevin wasted time working on the 4th line because it wasn't a significant part of the team's play, not that it was the reason of our current streak.

When MB made those deals to revamp his 4th line, the team was going VERY well, and the former 4th line was doing zero and even caused the loss vs TO. Revamping top-nine is way more complicated and did not seem to be needed even ONE week ago. And we don't know. MB might be working on bigger trades since weeks.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
Habs were on top of the world after the Jets win, now they're garbage. At least according to so many people.

Truth is they're still having a successful retooling season, and there's little reason to believe the sky is falling because of a small losing streak that every team goes through (except the Lightning, so far this season). Just like they weren't cup favourites when they went 7-1-2 in 10 games, they're not garbage because of a tough week.

Reactions: Anathema and HKbleu

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Revamping our 4th line is fine, as long as he revamps our first and our D.

If he doesn't then the 4th line revamp becomes a meaningless move, which is the Bergevin special. A couple of lazy meaningless moves and a PC to say he tried but ultimately failed.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
When MB made those deals to revamp his 4th line, the team was going VERY well, and the former 4th line was doing zero and even caused the loss vs TO. Revamping top-nine is way more complicated and did not seem to be needed even ONE week ago. And we don't know. MB might be working on bigger trades since weeks.
Not arguing with this, just wanted to nuance what the other poster meant.

In any case, I'm not hoping for anything big, this is not our year and neither will be next season.

Jul 6, 2016
Revamping our 4th line is fine, as long as he revamps our first and our D.

If he doesn't then the 4th line revamp becomes a meaningless move, which is the Bergevin special. A couple of lazy meaningless moves and a PC to say he tried but ultimately failed.

Who told you MB was not trying to revamp his LD or top-nine ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He revamped the 4th line cause evidently it was easy to do and cost nothing. Not so sure he has an appetite to engage into much more unless players with term land on his doorstep.

Reactions: habergeon

Jul 6, 2016
Not arguing with this, just wanted to nuance what the other poster meant.

In any case, I'm not hoping for anything big, this is not our year and neither will be next season.

Outside TB (who are sure to make it) and a few bottom teams, almost any other teams can dream about making the Playoffs. Who would had said that the Isles would be a contending team this season ? Who would had bet that Philly and St-Louis would make such a push for Playoffs spots two months ago ? Anything can happen, and happen fast.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

We’re lucky that we just had the long break during the ASG and bye week followed by another 5 days shortly after. Price should be fine and we’re probably going to need him a lot down the stretch.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He revamped the 4th line cause evidently it was easy to do and cost nothing. Not so sure he has an appetite to engage into much more unless players with term land on his doorstep.

Similarly, he said in an interview he would get a ufa, if, like Petry, he thought he had a good shot at resigning him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad