Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Blue Jackets

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
:habs VS :cbj

DSP's first game with the Habs, looking forward to seeing him throw his weight around. Hope MT doesn't try to make him a better person and screw with his head. Play like they did against the Blues and it should be a walk in the park.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Do you guys really believe the ******** you spit out about Therrien? I dont like him, but all the ressentment around here makes it hard to have a real hockey conversation.

Karl Pilkington

Feb 25, 2004
Ottawa
www.canadiens.com
Do you guys really believe the ******** you spit out about Therrien? I dont like him, but all the ressentment around here makes it hard to have a real hockey conversation.

therrien.jpg

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
I think DSP will be excited and try to play very physical looking to spark the team. He won't do much on the scoresheet but everyone will praise him for bringing a powerforward style to this team. Post game will be every player saying, "he adjusted well for not having much time with the team"

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

Capotes pas ChoseLa, it's all in fun anyways.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

I think there are reasons to criticize any coach and certainly Therrien makes some puzzling decisions and has some frustrating biases.

But the fact of the matter is that he has led this team to its most consistently successful streak of seasons in decades. They have 83 points in February for crying out loud! And despite how amazing Price is, we need to all acknowledge that it's more than just a goalie and that maybe, just maybe, Therrien is a good coach.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
DSP will be underwhelming tonight as he gets he feet under him. I'll give him a 4 game adjustment period.

Why 4? I think his adjustment will take more or less time depending on how he's used. If he plays on a different line every game, 4 games will absolutely not be enough. I would give him 5 games in a stable situation (on the same line).

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Why 4? I think his adjustment will take more or less time depending on how he's used. If he plays on a different line every game, 4 games will absolutely not be enough. I would give him 5 games in a stable situation (on the same line).

Chances are he'll be dumped into a checking role on Pleks' line like Vanek last year and will take a few games before hitting the statsheet in the "G" or "A" column. I'm not going to condemn him in his first game here even though my boy Cakes is gone. :D

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Pre-grame talk thread created at 2 pm on game day, GDT not even up.

We're getting sloppier by the day.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
4 point night for Smith-Pelly followed by a thread bashing Sekac and an effigy erected outside the Bell Centre depicting Bergevin's suit closet.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Usually I go to the games in Columbus, only seen 1 win. I got free tickets to the Cavs though so you're probably better off without me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad