Habs Black Aces

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hi I have not seen any thread on the Black Aces. Sorry if there is one. Who can qualify to be part of the Black Aces? Can a player like McCarron if the Generals get eliminated be part of it?

any prospect/player who's season is over with their respective club. McCarron can only join when his OHL season ends, same for the other 3 currently in the CHL playoffs. Fucale is Memorial Cup bound so we won't be seeing him unless we go on a major run.

Keep in mind, Allen, Drewiske, Bournival, Tinordi, Nygren, and Macenauer are all injured. Tinordi might be back soon, haven't heard an update, also no word on Bournival but the rest are done of the season I believe.

Condon, Hudon, Ghetto, Thomas, Carr, Dumont, Tangradi, Dietz, would be some of the call ups I would wager.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
any prospect/player who's season is over with their respective club. McCarron can only join when his OHL season ends, same for the other 3 currently in the CHL playoffs. Fucale is Memorial Cup bound so we won't be seeing him unless we go on a major run.

Keep in mind, Allen, Drewiske, Bournival, Tinordi, Nygren, and Macenauer are all injured. Tinordi might be back soon, haven't heard an update, also no word on Bournival but the rest are done of the season I believe.

Condon, Hudon, Ghetto, Thomas, Carr, Dumont, Tangradi, Dietz, would be some of the call ups I would wager.

that's pretty thin on D if we go on a long run. Hopefully Tinordi gets healthy.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I wouldn't say the Habs are thin on D. Remember that Gilbert should be back, so Gonchar and Pateryn will be extras.

Last year the Habs had Murray and Bouillon as a paring in the playoffs at one point.

The team is in a much better position now.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Don't forget Mike Weaver is still a Hab (unless I missed something)

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Gilbert
Gonchar-Pateryn
Tinordi-Weaver
Dietz

That's 10 defensemen I with experience who I would be happy to play, and one that should do fine in Dietz (Nygren would be okay too).

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Don't forget Mike Weaver is still a Hab (unless I missed something)

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Gilbert
Gonchar-Pateryn
Tinordi-Weaver
Dietz

That's 10 defensemen I with experience who I would be happy to play, and one that should do fine in Dietz (Nygren would be okay too).

Yeah forgot about Gonchar...at least that gives us one extra LD

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Well Tinordi was said to be out 3 weeks and it's been a month since his last game, but they don't give too many updates on Hamilton's injured players so I haven't heard how close he is to returning. My guess would be that he's not far away. We should be good though since we have extra bodies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Mike Weaver reporting.

zdeno+chara+mike+weaver.gif

A real trooper. Can you believe the refs let that slide...he's even cracking a smile.

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
I posted this link before if anyone is interested in what the historical origin of 'Black Aces' is.

Ironically enough this term originated long before the term 'Blacks' was used to denote people of African origin.

And if you take time to read about it you can reassure yourself that there is no racist connatation to it and therefore we can continue using the phrase.

http://blackaceshockey.com/origin.htm

Disturbed1

Dale ****ing Weise
Dec 31, 2010
Canada
I think this is my favorite part about the Bruins not making the playoffs. That after-the-whistle BS that the refs never call in the playoffs, won't be able to happen this season.

This this and this, let those ********ers rot in golf-course hell, missing the playoffs couldn't have happened to a sorrier bunch of losers.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
With the first game starting tonight, I'm surprised we don't know who the black aces are (clear day roster?). It would be nice to know.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
With the first game starting tonight, I'm surprised we don't know who the black aces are (clear day roster?). It would be nice to know.
Hamilton is still trying to grab a playoff spot. Will likely know if they get eliminated.

Skrudland

Registered Eweser
Apr 15, 2004
Ottawa
I posted this link before if anyone is interested in what the historical origin of 'Black Aces' is.

Ironically enough this term originated long before the term 'Blacks' was used to denote people of African origin.

And if you take time to read about it you can reassure yourself that there is no racist connatation to it and therefore we can continue using the phrase.

http://blackaceshockey.com/origin.htm

I didn't know there were any reasons to think there was any racist connotation to it. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad