Post-Game Talk: Habs' big guns all scored as they win 3-0 vs Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Missed the game last night........did Clod change up the lines? Noticed JD got an assist on Koko's goal, they were on the same line?
lines were Gallagher Danault Drouin
Lekhonen Domi Armia
Tatar Kotkaniemi Byron
Deslauriers Chaput Agostino
And the lines were the same all game long except for the shift after PP and PK

PP were PP1 Agostino Byron Weber Drouin Armia
PP2 Domi Kotkaniemi Tatar Gallagher Petry

Reactions: BLONG7

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
1- cause Byron was signed instead of traded
2- cause Weber was named C instead of traded
3- cause Galchenyuk wasn't traded for picks and prospect
4- cause they went for a NOW players in Armia
5- cause MB tried to sign Stastny
6- cause tried to trade for O'reilly
7- cause they are doing everything they can to win this season and not trying to improve their draft pick
8- cause they flat out said they are not rebuilding
1-Byron has more value as a signed player than trading him for a 2nd as a UFA
2-Weber is the mentor to all the up and coming defenceman.
3-Galchenyuk was traded for a younger player
4-Armia a now player?? :laugh:
He’s set to become RFA and we traded him for Simon Bourque who’s nothing. We can easily trade him for picks that could amount more than what Bourque was ever gonna become.
5-Bergevin inquired about Stastny and O’reilly, and Tavares.....doing his due diligence since we had NO centres.
6-The players are doing everything to not finish last.....geez, I hope so!!! Did you see any help come in via free agency this last off season?? Peca? Traded for Kulak? Lol
7-they said they are re-setting...AKA Rebuild. It’s just in Montreal’s case and in most cases you don’t completely do a gut job, you hold on to some vets and refrain from signing expensive UFA’s

When the Leafs said they were “tanking”, why didn’t they trade Kadri, JVR, Komorov, Bozak, Gardiner????? Why they sign PAP and Bernier to big money??

Imagine the picks they could’ve had!!!!

Thing is, when you tear it down, you don’t tear down right into the basement, you keep a good enough foundation and build from there.

We had 11 picks last draft and are set to pick 10 times minimum in 2019.....we’ve been 7-8m$ bellow the cap the last 2yrs and have traded vets for picks....they doing the right thing and are heading in the right direction

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
1- cause Byron was signed instead of traded
2- cause Weber was named C instead of traded
3- cause Galchenyuk wasn't traded for picks and prospect
4- cause they went for a NOW players in Armia
5- cause MB tried to sign Stastny
6- cause tried to trade for O'reilly
7- cause they are doing everything they can to win this season and not trying to improve their draft pick
8- cause they flat out said they are not rebuilding

1- and it increase is trade value if he decides to trade him along the way
2- Having a some veteran presence and a mentor like Weber for the kids when youre rebuilding is a MUST.
3- he acquired a 23 years old player, even if youre rebuilding, you dont need only prospect/picks
4- Acquiring an asset, a 25 years old winger with an untapped offensive potential for $$$ when you have plenty of cap space available is a good move.
5- but he didnt
6- but he dindt
7- Yes the players are doing everything they can to win, but MB didnt trade for any quick fix on left D and said he wouldt do so.
8- Whatever they said, its PR bullshit.

Bottom line, some of you guys seems to think that their is only one way to make a rebuild, sell every players over 22 years old to acquire pick and prospect, some others think that you need good veteran presence in order to have a succesfull rebuild, MB seems to prefer the second option and most of us are totally fine with this.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He’s set to become RFA and we traded him for Simon Bourque who’s nothing. We can easily trade him for picks that could amount more than what Bourque was ever gonna become.

Armia is enigmatic and has not shown much in terms of offensive potential in the NHL. Has size, which Habs lack but is not a consistent, proven offensive threat. His size is the most deceptive part about him -- he can René Bourque it a lot. May be appealing to a playoff-bound team.

Reactions: jaffy27

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Armia is enigmatic and has not shown much in terms of offensive potential in the NHL. Has size, which Habs lack but is not a consistent, proven offensive threat. His size is the most deceptive part about him -- he can René Bourque it a lot. May be appealing to a playoff-bound team.

I'd rather keep Armia and trade one of our many midgets instead

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
People would really rather watch another tank season where we struggle to score 2 goals a game? C'mon you could die tomorrow enjoy some excitement

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
1-Byron has more value as a signed player than trading him for a 2nd as a UFA
2-Weber is the mentor to all the up and coming defenceman.
3-Galchenyuk was traded for a younger player
5-Bergevin inquired about Stastny and O’reilly, and Tavares.....doing his due diligence since we had NO centres.
6-The players are doing everything to not finish last.....geez, I hope so!!! Did you see any help come in via free agency this last off season?? Peca? Traded for Kulak? Lol
7-they said they are re-setting...AKA Rebuild. It’s just in Montreal’s case and in most cases you don’t completely do a gut job, you hold on to some vets and refrain from signing expensive UFA’s

When the Leafs said they were “tanking”, why didn’t they trade Kadri, JVR, Komorov, Bozak, Gardiner????? Why they sign PAP and Bernier to big money??

Imagine the picks they could’ve had!!!!

Thing is, when you tear it down, you don’t tear down right into the basement, you keep a good enough foundation and build from there.

We had 11 picks last draft and are set to pick 10 times minimum in 2019.....we’ve been 7-8m$ bellow the cap the last 2yrs and have traded vets for picks....they doing the right thing and are heading in the right direction

You don't build a foundation when the foundation are 31 and 33 years old.....unless there's another foundation coming and there is none coming for Marc Bergevin.

Bergevin didn't due diligence other than in the case of Tavares, he tried to add something and not youngster and prospect. And as for Armia (just like Domi), they are now players in the sense that they are not consider as "future"...like a rebuild will look at.

But hey, he traded Pacioretty......and if we believe Bergevin's word, it was almost against his will since it's Pacioretty who asked to be traded. Trading Plekanec...make senses, older UFA, last year of contract, won't need him for the rest of the season and all teams does that if they are not in the race. Other than that, there's not really any move made by this organization that tells me they are actually rebuilding.

Quick Reset/retool in the fly, more like it.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Armia plays scared offensively. He doesn't like taking risks when creating offensive chances. He needs to use his talent more and try to create offense and worry a bit less about the defensive side of his game.

Reactions: HKbleu and Runner77

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
1- and it increase is trade value if he decides to trade him along the way
2- Having a some veteran presence and a mentor like Weber for the kids when youre rebuilding is a MUST.
3- he acquired a 23 years old player, even if youre rebuilding, you dont need only prospect/picks
4- Acquiring an asset, a 25 years old winger with an untapped offensive potential for $$$ when you have plenty of cap space available is a good move.
5- but he didnt
6- but he dindt
7- Yes the players are doing everything they can to win, but MB didnt trade for any quick fix on left D and said he wouldt do so.
8- Whatever they said, its PR bull****.

Bottom line, some of you guys seems to think that their is only one way to make a rebuild, sell every players over 22 years old to acquire pick and prospect, some others think that you need good veteran presence in order to have a succesfull rebuild, MB seems to prefer the second option and most of us are totally fine with this.

And you think I want a rebuild?
Advocating that this is not a rebuild doesn't mean i actually want one.

But i get.....there's those who wants a real big rebuild by trying to get rid of every pieces that has value.
And there's the others that are saying that we are rebuilding and Bergevin is doing it right now the right way.

But i'm not on either side.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You don't build a foundation when the foundation are 31 and 33 years old.....unless there's another foundation coming and there is none coming for Marc Bergevin.

Bergevin didn't due diligence other than in the case of Tavares, he tried to add something and not youngster and prospect. And as for Armia (just like Domi), they are now players in the sense that they are not consider as "future"...like a rebuild will look at.

But hey, he traded Pacioretty......and if we believe Bergevin's word, it was almost against his will since it's Pacioretty who asked to be traded. Trading Plekanec...make senses, older UFA, last year of contract, won't need him for the rest of the season and all teams does that if they are not in the race. Other than that, there's not really any move made by this organization that tells me they are actually rebuilding.

Quick Reset/retool in the fly, more like it.
So 21 picks in 2yrs, 7m$ under the cap two years running and being one of the youngest teams in the league (5th), not committing to expensive UFA’s last year and coming out on the record saying he’s not acquiring help at the deadline......sounds like a retool/rebuild to me.

Against his will to trade Pacioretty?? Where do you come up with this stuff?

The foundation they have are respected and talented players, the foundation will mold our younger players.....you still haven’t answered me on why the Leafs kept JVR/Komarov/Bozak/Kadri/Gardiner when they were tanking??

Why were they resigning players?
Why sign PAP and Bernier??

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I’m down on trading Armia for a pick, I don’t mind the player, as a matter of fact I wouldn’t be too upset if he stayed, especially with the younger Finn Kotka wetting his feet in the NHL

Reactions: Runner77

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
People would really rather watch another tank season where we struggle to score 2 goals a game? C'mon you could die tomorrow enjoy some excitement

It would allow them to complain even more about how little Bergevin is doing to fix the team and how shit the team is.

That's the irony with this whole thing is that it doesn't matter what is done, it's about complaining.

Step A: You have a completely miserable team 20 million under the cap getting absolutely destroyed every game, in order to give yourself a chance at a high draft pick, which would involve people wanting to cut the heads off the coaching staff, trade anyone still on the team and kill bergevin. Even the people who wanted to trade off all assets in the first place.

Step B: Or, you get the current alternative, which involves not trading EVERY veteran, not trading assets for players, being well under the cap, but still getting complaints about how the veterans are an indication that there isn't a fullscale rebuild, and that there needs to be more trades of any talent on the team for futures, which would lead you eventually to step A.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I'd rather watch a cup, like in my lifetime, personally. But that's just me. If that's what it takes than so be it.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013

From what I saw last game, if hes with better talent all his slick toe drags and slick hands really help get more scoring chances.. Now for finishing.. Yeah i think he doesnt have much of that ability. Great passer though.

Reactions: Runner77

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
So 21 picks in 2yrs, 7m$ under the cap two years running and being one of the youngest teams in the league (5th), not committing to expensive UFA’s last year and coming out on the record saying he’s not acquiring help at the deadline......sounds like a retool/rebuild to me.

Against his will to trade Pacioretty?? Where do you come up with this stuff?

The foundation they have are respected and talented players, the foundation will mold our younger players.....you still haven’t answered me on why the Leafs kept JVR/Komarov/Bozak/Kadri/Gardiner when they were tanking??

Why were they resigning players?
Why sign PAP and Bernier??

Why are stick n Toronto? I never brought up Toronto as en example to follow. But since you insist on breaking my balls with Toronto......Bernier was with the team BEFORE they traded their cornerstones/made their rebuild. PAP was signed in order to let Marner in the minors and not play him as a 18yo, make the team worst and get assets at the TDL....and that's something MB could have done instead of forcing guys like Mete and Kotkaniemi in the NHL and having 8M$ sitting there doing nothing. But it makes the team more competitive, something Toronto wasn't looking for.

As for your question, well they traded the 2 faces of the franchises who was at the time Phaneuf and Kessel. JVR , Kadri, Gardiner and Rielly were pretty young at the time.....and i'm not advocating trading young guys either. Not even advocating to do what Toronto did.

Now....Pacioretty did asked for a trade, right? So i'm no inventing anything when i'm saying it wasn't part of Bergevin's plan, unless he planned for Pacioretty asking for a trade.

So Bergevin never said that he wouldn't get help at the TDL...only said that he wouldn't mortgage the future for rentals and he did say he'll do something if the price is right. 2 days ago he also said that he would do and i quote: "Hockey trade all day long" but just not into big rentals for big price. You invented the part that he wouldn't do anything at all. But then again, it's something that Bergevin has been doing and saying since day 1, so nothing new.

And as for Bergevin didn't commit big $$$ to big UFA, we all know he tried to, just not succeed.

A retool and a rebuild isn't the same thing at all.
And they also had 16 picks in 2012-2013....was it a rebuild?

Reactions: Doc McKenna

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Notice how in my first response I said I wouldn’t trade Price or Weber because it would set us back like the Roy trade did? Kind of an important part of my post. Also see how I said that if not for so,e bad luck we’re right there with Bos amd Tor? See how Habs icing said he agrees with most of my post? See how you’re singularly arguing that one part of the larger argument and how you have zero context for what I had originally posted except to cherry pick one aspect of it?

Coincidentally, if my rational posts are your idea of “ranting” then you need to toughen up buttercup. The world is a lot rantier than anything I’ve ever posted and I have a feeling you haven’t figured that out yet ;)
Of course it never occured to you that I don't care about the other part of your posts or your whole other posts, cause well you probably never noticed that I barely talk about Price or Weber and I don't talk trades very often, in your infinite wisdom you did not notice either that's this isnt my cup of tea. I know you never tought of it but there's this thing here, this fantastic thing here that gives us the possibility to talk only about the things we want, you're allowed to skip whole paragraph and whole posts you think are irrelevant. It is actually so damn true I didnt even bother reading all the stuff you quoted, nope, I stopped after the bolded. Too much B.S.

as for the important stuff well, it seems important to YOU, it may have never occured to you but, some people do not give a f*** about important parts of your posts.

I gotta say though, your ability to put different posts from different posters one after another and add your own stuff after it is amazing, I am quite impressed. I hope you are proud of it cause that is really something.

bravo! :thumbu:

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
No because if we don't tank we will be watching groundhog day of where we are at right now. Bubble team that continues to draft and develop poorly. Our best pics have been in some pretty meh draft years. Kinda need a few top 5 pics and hope for a home run. Or trade our number 1 for something proven. This rowing with one oar stuff just means we are moving in a circle.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Why are stick n Toronto? I never brought up Toronto as en example to follow. But since you insist on breaking my balls with Toronto......Bernier was with the team BEFORE they traded their cornerstones/made their rebuild. PAP was signed in order to let Marner in the minors and not play him as a 18yo, make the team worst and get assets at the TDL....and that's something MB could have done instead of forcing guys like Mete and Kotkaniemi in the NHL and having 8M$ sitting there doing nothing. But it makes the team more competitive, something Toronto wasn't looking for.

As for your question, well they traded the 2 faces of the franchises who was at the time Phaneuf and Kessel. JVR , Kadri, Gardiner and Rielly were pretty young at the time.....and i'm not advocating trading young guys either. Not even advocating to do what Toronto did.

Now....Pacioretty did asked for a trade, right? So i'm no inventing anything when i'm saying it wasn't part of Bergevin's plan, unless he planned for Pacioretty asking for a trade.

So Bergevin never said that he wouldn't get help at the TDL...only said that he wouldn't mortgage the future for rentals and he did say he'll do something if the price is right. 2 days ago he also said that he would do and i quote: "Hockey trade all day long" but just not into big rentals for big price. You invented the part that he wouldn't do anything at all. But then again, it's something that Bergevin has been doing and saying since day 1, so nothing new.

And as for Bergevin didn't commit big $$$ to big UFA, we all know he tried to, just not succeed.

A retool and a rebuild isn't the same thing at all.
And they also had 16 picks in 2012-2013....was it a rebuild?

We aren't even retooling, its reset. Or in other words ignore everything he says because its all meaningless. Too bad he missed out on both Statsny and JT during our "reset". He doesn't want to mortgage the future. But we traded a good Dman for drouin when he could have just signed Radulov and cost us ZERO assets while being better than we are now.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
We aren't even retooling, its reset. Or in other words ignore everything he says because its all meaningless. Too bad he missed out on both Statsny and JT during our "reset". He doesn't want to mortgage the future. But we traded a good Dman for drouin when he could have just signed Radulov and cost us ZERO assets while being better than we are now.
I predict next year will be the year of remodeling! :vhappy:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Being an excellent faceoff team is not mandatory to be a top 10 team, but its a great accessory to have, particularly for a team like Montreal. It just makes the game easier on the guys, and now that the scoring is drying up lately, I think there is less margin for error, so these little things would be more pronounced.
like I said, makes sense, totally... in theory only though as history shows it has no influence whatsoever in most games.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013

Radulov only started playing a good NHL game around what? 28? Drouin is 23 and has alot of time to grow and if he doesnt fit in the plans then he is a huge trade chip.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The plan changes by the month, it's tough to keep up but then again it has been 7 years and people are tired of trying to keep up, I know I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad