Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Sens 3-2 in OT

Jul 6, 2016
Isles are on their worst road trip of the season (10 in 13 games). Currently 7-4-1 with 1 game to go tonight. 2nd year in a row they allowed the fewest goals against. If that's them coming back to Earth, I think they'll cruise into playoffs.

Pens haven't missed playoffs in 13 years and are winning even with a ton of injuries. I see 0 reason to predict them to miss playoffs suddenly.

Leafs made playoffs 3 years in row with same core, had a lot of injuries and are winning again after new coach/injured players returning. Not as sure as Isles/Pens but see no reason why I shouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt over the perennial non-playoff teams like Panthers/Sabres/Flyers/Habs.

Detroit haven't missed Playoffs for 20 some years before becoming a dead duck....

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
This team is disjointed so I think I'll be disjointed too and be all in for a playoff spot. No way they finish near the bottom and from what I hear............ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE PLAYOFFS. If nothing else they all can get some playoff experience.

I'M ALL in for the PLAYOFFS! :eek:
Without the basis? It's going to bring us what? Why should we always settle for the bare minimum?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
"Worst Cup winners"? I think you are very harsh. As of this morning they are 4th overall in the NHL. How can you call their accomplishment last spring "lucky"? At least then be honest and call the 93 Habs or 86 Habs the same label.

I mean... Did you just compare a team with SIX hall of famers and MANY Hall of very goods to the Blues ?

Patrick f***ing Roy my guy ? 99 overall goalie ??? They had f***ing Jordan Binnington ??? Thats ridiculous.
Chris Chelios eats Pietrangelos for snacks.
Mats Naslund ????????????????
Bobby Smith = +/- ROR THEIR BEST PLAYER LOL
Have you ever heard of Bob Gainey????????

LARRY ROBINSON AND PATTY ROY ON THE SAME TEAM MY GUY ????????????????

This is the worst f***ing take Ive ever heard.

1993 ??????? Carbo??? Damphousse???? Bellows???? Muller?????? Desjardins????

Jesus lord.

And just for the heck of it, yeah, I think 93 is one of the worst teams to ever win the cup, with the Canes and the 95 Devils... It just so happens these teams would destroy the Blues and their average roster.

Reactions: Kimota

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Detroit haven't missed Playoffs for 20 some years before becoming a dead duck....

Unsurprisingly only once Lidstrom/Datsyuk/Zetterberg all retired/aged into late 30s. Meanwhile, Crosby/Malkin/Letang all in their early 30s and still elite.

Jul 6, 2016
Unsurprisingly only once Lidstrom/Datsyuk/Zetterberg all retired/aged into late 30s. Meanwhile, Crosby/Malkin/Letang all in their early 30s and still elite.

... and more and more injured every single season....

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
... and more and more injured every single season....

Not sure what you mean, this is nothing new for Penguins. Basically same story.

Not even that bad compared to concussion Crosby 2010-2012. Letang/Malkin are always injured, they rarely crack 70 games in a season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
IMG_20191212_141844.jpg

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I don't even mind that the Habs blew a lead in the 3rd. The 2 best things about this game is that they beat the Sens and you know the 2 points pissed off Leaf fans who don't think the Habs and Sabres will be a factor for them making the playoffs.
No ninth :D

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Without the basis? It's going to bring us what? Why should we always settle for the bare minimum?

Didn't say anyone should settle for anything. It was just my own personal summary of how I feel. Trust me - I am not trying to convince anyone - it took all I had to convince myself. LOL

It's going to bring us what? Well, it will definitely add to the entertainment value of these boards for those onlookers that never participate. For those participating - I anticipate higher blood pressures, more drinking and more use of profanity no matter what the outcome is.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Is this KK vs Tkachuk and who the Habs should've drafted gonna go on after every future Habs and Sens games played now or what? Seems this has been the most talked about subject on TSN690 today instead of the actual game itself. It was the same after the first game played between these 2 teams this season.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I mean... Did you just compare a team with SIX hall of famers and MANY Hall of very goods to the Blues ?

Patrick ****ing Roy my guy ? 99 overall goalie ??? They had ****ing Jordan Binnington ??? Thats ridiculous.
Chris Chelios eats Pietrangelos for snacks.
Mats Naslund ????????????????
Bobby Smith = +/- ROR THEIR BEST PLAYER LOL
Have you ever heard of Bob Gainey????????

LARRY ROBINSON AND PATTY ROY ON THE SAME TEAM MY GUY ????????????????

This is the worst ****ing take Ive ever heard.

1993 ??????? Carbo??? Damphousse???? Bellows???? Muller?????? Desjardins????

Jesus lord.

And just for the heck of it, yeah, I think 93 is one of the worst teams to ever win the cup, with the Canes and the 95 Devils... It just so happens these teams would destroy the Blues and their average roster.

Calm down buddy, I'm not saying 86 or 93 were a bad team. However ask around and almost everyone will tell you that the Habs likely won the Cups in those two years because Edmonton was out of the picture in 86, same thing in 93 with whatever team got sacked (forgot which). So yeah, if you want to talk about luck with the Blues, you have a strong case to talk about these Habs too.

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Is this KK vs Tkachuk and who the Habs should've drafted gonna go on after every future Habs and Sens games played now or what? Seems this has been the most talked about subject on TSN690 today instead of the actual game itself. It was the same after the first game played between these 2 teams this season.

It's gonna go on for a long time because it hurts so much.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It's gonna go on for a long time because it hurts so much.

I guess it all depends on how KK eventually pans out. I don't often agree with Gallo but he said that drafting for need rather than BPA is stupid and that things change so quickly that what is a need right now might not be a need in a few years when these players make the NHL. I agree with him and have said this in the past.

They asked Ray Ferraro about drafting for need over BPA and even he agreed that drafting for need instead of BPA isn't the best strategy. He did say though that it wasn't like KK was ranked 31st and was taken somewhat close to where he was ranked. The Habs did draft Caufield this year and he seemed to be the BPA available when the Habs picked so we'll see how that strategy works out for them going forward.

They did however stock up on LHD for many of the next picks which they deemed was a major team need for the last draft. I don't know if any the LHD they picked were the BPA available when they were drafted or not but I guess we'll find out in a few years when we see posts of the Habs should've taken so and so instead of this or that guy.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

We shoul've picked Quinn Hughes

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Since Weber is king on his trade, gotta find something else to pin on this management lol

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Calm down buddy, I'm not saying 86 or 93 were a bad team. However ask around and almost everyone will tell you that the Habs likely won the Cups in those two years because Edmonton was out of the picture in 86, same thing in 93 with whatever team got sacked (forgot which). So yeah, if you want to talk about luck with the Blues, you have a strong case to talk about these Habs too.
It was Pittsburgh in 93 and they still faced Gretzky in 93.

Not being the clear favorite is very different than being a team like STL that won on the back of a ridiculous hot streak. In 93 the Habs finished with 50 wins and scored close to 340 goals, they were not a bubble team like STL was.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
It was Pittsburgh in 93 and they still faced Gretzky in 93.

Not being the clear favorite is very different than being a team like STL that won on the back of a ridiculous hot streak. In 93 the Habs finished with 50 wins and scored close to 340 goals, they were not a bubble team like STL was.

truth

the 93 team gets shat on for no real reason. They were a good team

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
What a classy move by Price for retrieving the puck from turdchuk for Primo's first NHL win.:clap:Shea Weber saying:welcome: to :bee:Tkachuk =priceless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad