Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Sens 3-2 in OT

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pageau's success has been over a span of 25 games, and driven by unsustainable shooting percentages both individual and on-ice.

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher's has been over the span of 100 games, driven by shot volume, which historically is more sustainable, and is consistent with the results they've produced individually over the bulk of their careers

It's for real. If you want to contend that it won't work in the playoffs, fair, that's your prerogative, but it's speculation

Got any more info that you feel would change my mind cause this one didn't work. I repeat, I like the Tatar / Danault / Gallagher line but do I believe we win a cup with them as our top line? Hell no

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Got any more info that you feel would change my mind cause this one didn't work. I repeat, I like the Tatar / Danault / Gallagher line but do I believe we win a cup with them as our top line? Hell no
The problem is the other lines, the defense and the special units. Not that line.

Name me the other lines in the NHL with better on-ice results over the past year+. You can count them on the fingers of the hand of someone... who had 1-2 fingers amputated.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The problem is the other lines, the defense and the special units. Not that line.

Name me the other lines in the NHL with better on-ice results over the past year+. You can count them on the fingers of the hand of someone... who had 1-2 fingers amputated.

If that line is our top line and the others below it are better, do you think it's a cup contending top line in the playoffs?

You are not telling my anything I already don't know about how good that line has been.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I'm so scared we're going to trade Primeau to keep Price... That would be such a Habs thing to do.

There is also possibility they will trade Suzuki for another Nick Cousins or Suzuki and Poehling for 3rd pair left D AND Nick Cousins. The possibilities are endless.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I'm so scared we're going to trade Primeau to keep Price... That would be such a Habs thing to do.
Price just started his 8 year deal, he's not going anywhere for a while, might a well get used to it lol.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Pageau is on pace for a 60 pts / 40 goal season. Does that mean he is now a top line center on a cup contender? I like the Tatar / Danault / Gallagher line just as much as you do but the point is winning a cup and playoff hockey is completely different than regular season. If I'm building a contender, they are my 3rd line

I think they'd be a 2nd line on a contender. The 1st line would just need proper high end talent...which this team unfortunately has 0.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Yeah. Tampa and Tor will be there by year end. Mtl Flo and even Buff might be there too. The wildcards in the east are still wide open and any expectation that Metro would sweep are ridiculously premature. I felt going into the year it would either be 5-3 for Atl or 4-4. Still feel the same today

I think Caps/Canes/Isles/Pens/Bos/Tampa/Leafs are locks. The final spot is what I feel will be battled for between Flyers/Panthers/Sabres and I guess Habs.

Jul 6, 2016
I think Caps/Canes/Isles/Pens/Bos/Tampa/Leafs are locks. The final spot is what I feel will be battled for between Flyers/Panthers/Sabres and I guess Habs.

Pens and Laefs are not locks. Isles are coming back to Earth.

Were you thinking Blues would win the Cup last DEcember ?

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Price just started his 8 year deal, he's not going anywhere for a while, might a well get used to it lol.

Today’s NHL teams need two very solid and good goalies. I can easily see Habs using Price 50 some games ans give Primeau 30 some games in a year or two. Te kid would still be only 22 -23 years old.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Pens and Laefs are not locks. Isles are coming back to Earth.

Isles are on their worst road trip of the season (10 in 13 games). Currently 7-4-1 with 1 game to go tonight. 2nd year in a row they allowed the fewest goals against. If that's them coming back to Earth, I think they'll cruise into playoffs.

Pens haven't missed playoffs in 13 years and are winning even with a ton of injuries. I see 0 reason to predict them to miss playoffs suddenly.

Leafs made playoffs 3 years in row with same core, had a lot of injuries and are winning again after new coach/injured players returning. Not as sure as Isles/Pens but see no reason why I shouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt over the perennial non-playoff teams like Panthers/Sabres/Flyers/Habs.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

Let's make the playoffs first. Once you make the playoffs anything can happen.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Let's make the playoffs first. Once you make the playoffs anything can happen.

If you have a "full house" type of roster like the Blues... yes, anything can happen. But not when you are chasing the straight like the Habs are with our playoff hunt. Our centers are not ready yet and that is the biggest issue

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If you have a "full house" type of roster like the Blues... yes, anything can happen. But not when you are chasing the straight like the Habs are with our playoff hunt. Our centers are not ready yet and that is the biggest issue
The Blues got incrediby lucky and are the worst cup winners in history of the league, well at least, post-war. They are not an example to follow at all.

Reactions: Megaforce

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I hope Primeau establishes himself as a reasonable starting goalie rather soon so that Habs can still get something relatively decent for Price. (if ever there is a GM that wants to take on his ridiculous salary).

That could happen, maybe in a couple of years providing there's a decent back up in the works. We can't go on and on with these Niemi's and Kincaids as backups.

TrapGod Jr

Apr 22, 2017
Tkachuk took the game puck after Chiarot scored the GWG lol but Price saw him and took it from him. What a little shyt!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Blues got incrediby lucky and are the worst cup winners in history of the league, well at least, post-war. They are not an example to follow at all.

To a degree, I agree. But my stance remains the same in the "anything can happen" theory. That is true to some degree if you have a "full house" roster like the Blues. Habs are chasing a straight and even a flush beats that lol.

We have too many holes filled by kids

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

"Worst Cup winners"? I think you are very harsh. As of this morning they are 4th overall in the NHL. How can you call their accomplishment last spring "lucky"? At least then be honest and call the 93 Habs or 86 Habs the same label.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
"Worst Cup winners"? I think you are very harsh. As of this morning they are 4th overall in the NHL. How can you call their accomplishment last spring "lucky"? At least then be honest and call the 93 Habs or 86 Habs the same label.
honesty is them going from the very worst in the league to winning the cup, this scenario have a what 0.01% chance of happenning again.

and yet there's LOTS of people who go "look at last year Blues" to convince themselves Habs are on the right trace or something... bunch of idiots lol

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
honesty is them going from the very worst in the league to winning the cup, this scenario have a what 0.01% chance of happenning again.

and yet there's LOTS of people who go "look at last year Blues" to convince themselves Habs are on the right trace or something... bunch of idiots lol

Coming from last place to winning the cup doesn't have anything to do with luck tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad