Post-Game Talk: Habs beat an ECHL-level team. Tkachuk continues to proves that he's a whiny child. (3-0 win vs OTT)

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Gallagher has fit in well with Tatar and Danault but you are right he and Domi would make a good duo

upload_2020-2-23_9-46-49.jpeg

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I was at the game, when he jumped Cousins, the crowd booed him lol

it was mainly Hab fans there though, the Sens crowd was dormant like their team.

I missed the first 2mins if the game, we were just getting beer when I heard the crowd erupt, I’m like shit, Sens already scored.....I quickly checked the ice level and all I saw was Domi leading the way.....I’m like damn, it sounds like I’m at Bell Centre here, Habs score and crowd goes nuts.....lol

love it!!

what I will love is if Ottawa wins the draft lottery and picks Lafreniere in front of the Montreal crowd. Would love to hear the reaction if that happens.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Thought Alzner did alright. Kept it simple. His skating has improved quite a bit.

Byron played very well and looks like a good fit with Domi.

Senators are really bad.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
That can be said about every opposing player in sports. Always found this type of comment pointless.

Self deprecating fans as usual around here.

That's BS and you know it. People are bashing Tkachuk hoping he doesn't pan out better than JK, its as simple as that. Kids a good hockey player, making us look bad for taking the player we did. I don't like the goofy stuff he does either , but we would be a heck of a better team with him around.

I hate Max Domi , could care what team he played on as long as it isn't Montreal. Could go down the list on every team and list off the players I wouldn't want in Montreal.

Yeah I still have ptsd from the LeClair trade, wishing his dominance would just stop so we didn't look like such enormous tools for that one. Then Desjardains would kick me in the gut when LeClair wasn't dominating.

The draft is killing this franchise, Tkachuck just rubs salt in that wound of the team's incompetence.

Reactions: angusyoung

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
So are the Habs and Laffs playing the final game of the season?

If so, wouldn't it be hilarious if we beat them and make the playoffs while TO is out? Ha Ha!

Still would have preferred a better positioning in the standings whether that be higher or preferably lower but oh well... Habs will never truly rebuild.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Excellent game by Price.

Alzner > Kulak.

I'm starting to think that Bergevin isn't going to do anything now.
Stop listening to the media and what the believe should happen . Montreal aren't going to make the trades those in the media want .

Joe Malone

Aug 29, 2002
Mabou....Wawa
Weber 6’ 4” 230
Chiarot 6’ 3” 225
Petry 6’ 3” 201
Kulak 6’ 2” 190
Folin 6’ 4” 204
Alzner 6’ 3” 219

Must be the biggest defence we’ve dressed in a while. Commentators said the Habs excelled at clearing men in the crease, going for the man instead of going for the puck. I guess size matters. Alzner looked quite capable, so did Folin.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
just doing his job. If he played for you guys, you’d love him.

Any Habs fan who harps on Brady is an idiot ... we have Gallagher, who is just as much of a shit disturber as Brady is. I would love to have Brady on this team, and anyone who says otherwise is just being spiteful

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Good to see Price standing up for himself there, a goaltender needs to do that sometimes the way players try to get under their skin, especially after watching both Carolina goaltenders get injured by the Leafs last night.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Weber 6’ 4” 230
Chiarot 6’ 3” 225
Petry 6’ 3” 201
Kulak 6’ 2” 190
Folin 6’ 4” 204
Alzner 6’ 3” 219

Must be the biggest defence we’ve dressed in a while. Commentators said the Habs excelled at clearing men in the crease, going for the man instead of going for the puck. I guess size matters. Alzner looked quite capable, so did Folin.

They're playing against the 2nd worst team in the league. That defense doesn't hold against playoff teams.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Domi needs a linemate who gets in the forecheck, causes havoc and keeps it simple

Shaw did it last year when he had a career year, Byron was doing it tonite. I think Gally would be a good one for him too but they never get a chance to play together.

Kovalchuk did it on Byron's goal.

But yes, I would swap Kovalchuk and Gallagher.

We need 3 lines going. Hopefully Drouin will heal/get his timing back.

Would be great to add Palmieri this summer.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Got an assist on the Byron goal
that was some home cooking, sure he pressured the guy but that pass went from the ottawa players stick to Byrons right in the middle of the ice.

kovalchuck had the " new team " boost when he arrived, but he is who he is. if you have to play him up the roster he can get by, but in the bottom six the reason why LA jettisoned him becomes clear.

it was a cheap way to get a guy when we had injuries, those injuries have healed and we don't need him anymore.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
that was some home cooking, sure he pressured the guy but that pass went from the ottawa players stick to Byrons right in the middle of the ice.

kovalchuck had the " new team " boost when he arrived, but he is who he is. if you have to play him up the roster he can get by, but in the bottom six the reason why LA jettisoned him becomes clear.

it was a cheap way to get a guy when we had injuries, those injuries have healed and we don't need him anymore.
We don't need Kovalchuk? You do realize that he is our most skilled player? The only one besides Price who has game breaking talent?
And we don't need him?
Not sure how long you have been following the Habs but we haven't had a forward with his type of skill for over a decade (well, there was that one blip with Subban but he wasn't a forward ;) ). That being the other over the hill Russian.
The one thing we desperately need is more players with that type of talent level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->