GDT: Habs at Flames 5pm MT/CBC/City TV

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Man that "Jackeye" pisses me off. Hate that we don't have someone to step up in those situations.

Uh.. unless he has an enclosed front yard, probably not the best idea.

Unless you want to feed the neighborhood coyotes..
Well, she wouldn't expect him to watch the pets anymore - right?
I remember the 1st time my wife asked me to do some of her laundry....never did a second time, lol

Good game boys, Lets go!

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
the-simpsons-bart-simpson.gif

Wolf be lookin' damn good.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Put Vladar on waivers and use a recall on Wolf. Vladar has had his opportunity and has not taken advantage of it. Frankly he’s been terrible for 2 seasons in a row.

If we lost Vladar on waivers and trade Markstrom we can find a viable platoon/backup in FA that’s better than Vladar anyway

Reactions: Tofveve

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Put Vladar on waivers and use a recall on Wolf. Vladar has had his opportunity and has not taken advantage of it. Frankly he’s been terrible for 2 seasons in a row.

If we lost Vladar on waivers and trade Markstrom we can find a viable platoon/backup in FA that’s better than Vladar anyway
Wolf is better off playing for the Wranglers the rest of this season than sitting on the bench watching Markstrom. It also will still give the Wranglers a shot in the post-season.

Reactions: Nanuuk

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Early days, but I was wrong about miramonov @Yepthatsme. You’re free to chastise me lol

Wolf is better off playing for the Wranglers the rest of this season than sitting on the bench watching Markstrom. It also will still give the Wranglers a shot in the post-season.
What about just giving wolf a high plurality or majority of starts instead?

This team isn’t making the playoffs, and wolf has earned more nhl starts. Don’t see why he’s better off in the ahl again, he can be sent down for the wranglers playoff run when the flames season is over if they want to so badly.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Good to see them honor the 89 team with a win over the Habs.
Great to see Backlund get his #200G. What a beast. Love that guy.
more Wolf starts why not

Girlfriend out with a friend. So I’m watching her two dogs and cat.

Dog #1 - pees on floor
*clean up. 10 mins later*
Dog #2 - pees on floor
*clean up. Follow dog into bedroom*
Cat laying on bed, looks at me, pukes onto bed

Unreal

That shit sounds personal lmao

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Not sure if anyone caught it on the broadcast. Ball/Millen were commenting on how well the Flames D was playing and how well the three new guys were as well.

I think Millen then said that all three (Miromanov, Pachal, Okhotuik) all came from teams playing the zone style of defence so that integrating into the Flames system wasn't hard and why there hasn't been a drop in play from the D (the three arse kickings notwithstanding).

I thought to myself at the time that Conroy must have done his homework beofre going out and getting these guys, either by trade or waiver wire.

Reactions: Kahvi

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Wolf seems so elite when he sees the puck. Even on that Caufield goal he pretty much got across it just happened to be a really good goal scorer taking the shot

I don’t really know how goalie development works but seems to me he just needs to work on battling through traffic, or we build a d-core of mutants who just clear the front of the net

Reactions: Felidae

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

This team isn’t making the playoffs, and wolf has earned more nhl starts. Don’t see why he’s better off in the ahl again, he can be sent down for the wranglers playoff run when the flames season is over if they want to so badly.
You don't want to piss off Markstrom and essentially bench him, that's asking him to demand a trade where he's only willing to accept 1 destination.

At his age, I believe more rubber is better. and quite frankly without Wolf, there may be no AHL playoffs to go on a run. I'd prefer he face the bulk of shots in the AHL and have a fresh start next season with the big club.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Miromanov with more ice time than Andersson already is something. Alternatively, Pachal is looking less and less like a top 6 mainstay with each passing game
Andersson has not looked good for months. It’s quite telling that him and Weegar have been split and one looks noticeably better.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
You don't want to piss off Markstrom and essentially bench him, that's asking him to demand a trade where he's only willing to accept 1 destination.

At his age, I believe more rubber is better. and quite frankly without Wolf, there may be no AHL playoffs to go on a run. I'd prefer he face the bulk of shots in the AHL and have a fresh start next season with the big club.
How is giving wolf a high plurality or majority of starts a benching? We give him around half the starts give or take. We have 15 games left, giving wolf 8 and markstrom 7 or vice versa seems pretty reasonable when we are pretty much finished and looking to the future.

If anything has upset markstrom, it was the fact the team almost traded him to begin with lol. Not the distribution of starts in the last 1/6 of the season (which means what, he misses out on 2 or 3 compared to his normal distribution maybe?). Regardless of what happens to end the season, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest the relationship is likely headed to a divorce in the summer.

Last edited:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
No one expects us to make the playoffs anymore but we’re still not mathematically eliminated. You keep Wolf up and play him unless he gives you a reason to send him down. These games and practices are more valuable than any Wranglers playoff run could be

Reactions: super6646

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
No one expects us to make the playoffs anymore but we’re still not mathematically eliminated. You keep Wolf up and play him unless he gives you a reason to send him down. These games and practices are more valuable than any Wranglers playoff run could be
Agreed. And its not as if you can't send him down after the season (see Jamie Benn in the 2010 AHL playoffs).

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Early days, but I was wrong about miramonov @Yepthatsme. You’re free to chastise me lol

I won’t blame anyone for not expecting this from Miromanov. I was using numbers and play in previous leagues to contextualize the impact he may be able to have that our organization could’ve identified, but I like everyone here was unable to find a single fan account saying anything about what we are currently seeing.

Still blows my mind. That trade rumors thread has over 1K comments. I don’t remember seeing a single informed view on what we are currently seeing from Miromanov. The entire reason I started using this discussion board well before I started posting was that I get informed opinions on other teams and players. Over 1K comments and there may be one hiding in there I can’t find, amidst a sea of “lol they got a prospected who already busted for Hanifin”. Lost a lot of faith in the main boards over this trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad