Habs are one of the Highest Scoring Teams in the NHL

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Fix the D and our PP and netminding will improve.

We might kill 2 birds with one stone in Weber.

It might be too much to ask for Weber to be Weber after missing so much time, but the Habs are sorely missing that blueline threat on the PP, and that's something he can help with as soon as the first game IMO.

Reactions: Rockinron

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I am sure the power play can get going. We have the personnel, even with Weber sidelined. It's just the system sucks.

I would put KK on the first unit and no longer have Drouin as the QB. He's been turning the puck over too much.

I would have

Domi as the QB on the point,
KK in Galchneyuk's office (the right half wall),
Drouin down low on the left half wall
Gallagher in front of the net
Reilly or Petry at the point (whoever learns to hit the net first)
Alright, great plan, now become the coach to actually make this into an effect

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Well fix that and we are cup contenders..
I'm as bearish as it gets about the Habs. I thought the lack of playmaking on the D would sink 'em.

I still think they'll slow down and miss the playoffs but fixing the PP and goaltending is absolutely possible. D probably less so.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Guess the in house entertainment value that was promised by molson runs further then the hot dog angle that was used to mock the team.....

And I :laugh: at the posters who said they’d give up their season tickets....what a mistake that turned out to b lol

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Guess the in house entertainment value that was promised by molson runs further then the hot dog angle that was used to mock the team.....

And I :laugh: at the posters who said they’d give up their season tickets....what a mistake that turned out to b lol
the atmosphere at the BC has been fake for years, good or bad teams... save yourself $ and watch em on TV.

Reactions: PhysicX

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Extensions for everyone!!

Seriously though, we are finally, after years of being boring to watch, an exciting team to watch!! Crazy, what speed can do for your team.

I thought Chucky tried to demonstrate that with all his partying. (That was one comeback line. Another is) I wonder if ecstasy and weed can help?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm as bearish as it gets about the Habs. I thought the lack of playmaking on the D would sink 'em.

I still think they'll slow down and miss the playoffs but fixing the PP and goaltending is absolutely possible. D probably less so.
Not as convinced about our goaltending. Price hasn't been playing to his standards for a few years now...not sure he ever will again.
PP should improve with Weber.

Reactions: jaffy27

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
They are fun as hell to watch, but they are playing 100% offense with zero defense. Very much a run and gun kind of system, trying to win the game 6-5. I don't know if that will work long term.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
They are fun as hell to watch, but they are playing 100% offense with zero defense. Very much a run and gun kind of system, trying to win the game 6-5. I don't know if that will work long term.

It didnt work for much more talented teams, so I dont expect it to continue here. Even the leafs and pens the past few years reign it in at some point realizing it is unsustainable.

Reactions: BLONG7

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I'm assuming Julien will tighten it up at one point, but this is somewhat their identity as well. They are a fast, counter attacking team that creates a lot of shots and scoring chances. Sometimes the puck just won't go in given our lack of true snipers, but I think we will continue to create chances and chaos around the opposing teams nets as most of our players go to the front of the net regardless of their size.

It's crazy that as of right now, our oldest forward (not injured) is 27 years old...that's pretty insane. Even when health, out oldest forward is 29 (Byron).

The average age of our 13 regular forwards is 24.8 years old.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
It greatly pains Claude Julien that his team is giving up so many goals. This season's new run and gun offence is likely the strategy of Bouchard's and Bergevin's to save Bergevin's job. It has never been in Julien's defence first and foremost DNA.

In his previous stint with the Bruins, Cam Neely wanted him to open up the offence and he thumbed his nose at Neely. Neely fired him.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad