Habs Announce 23-Man Roster

MC94

May 13, 2018
He isn't a star as in..he isn't a Crosby, or Tavares, or McDavid, or Stamkos. He isn't a Dahlin.
Get the drift?
He is a very good young prospect, but he isn't a surefire star prospect.
Comprende but you still cant deny the potential is there

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
We can state our opinions till we'll blue in the face but we'll have to wait for the season to unfold. And by the way I think the dynamic make up is this team's strength. At least that's what I saw in the pre-season and in no way am I giving credit to The Idiot. He just stumbled his way here.
Come on buddy, you know better than to rely any type of judgement on pre-season.
But hey, you're being a fan, it's totally fine. I just don't see how a team with Max Domi as a #1 center (who btw, has played like 1 pre-season game), with only one 1-time 30 goal scorer in the line up, and no #1D or legit #2 either, has a chance at anything other than bottoming out.

Reilly, Mete, Petry and Schlemko when he returns. How many do you want? All six?
Petry is the only decent one.
Mete is a kid, until he proves he can move the puck adequately in the big leagues, it doesn't mean much to me. Would be like suggesting we have PMDs with Beaulieu and Petry leading the charge.

I suppose if the standard is anybody that moves the puck better than Alzner is one, then okay.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
how does MB still have a job?

It sorta feels like Dubaya all over again.

You see the the disaster of his tenure, the denial, dismissal and arrogance when pushed for answers. It's just so eerily similar.

And we're here, stuck with him, wondering how the hell can he still be there? How can this be possible when looking at this colossal wreck? It's the one question no one knows the answer for sure, but almost everyone is unanimous. Why the **** is he still here. Why hasn't anyone in the media seriously put him back in his place? Challenge his absurdities?

I"ve been saying this for months. It still is one massive cluster**** and it is absolutely mindboggling how he's still permitted to operate, and even worst, still goes around the media circus to do his self-assured, conceited nothing-I-did-is-wrong clown act.

/dailyrant

Reactions: BLONG7

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I'm all for that, and we really are at the root, so at this point Edmonton is very much ahead. Those guys aren't supposed to be in the same conversation as us, and well, I don't think they are personally.

I fail to see how they are ahead considering theyre just coming back from a godawful season yet again and most people have them out of the playoffs again this year.

Year ten of the rebuild (or whatever the number is), a bunch of first overalls, a looooot of draft picks and they still can't make the playoffs even with Connor fricking mcdavid

Hyperbolies aside, technically yes, their rebuild is farther ahead than ours considering it started many, many years ago, yet they have jackshit to show for it other than mcdavid and yet more magic beans. Nurse isn't turning out what everyone thought, k-Bomb too. Drai isn't hot shit either and he's signed to a massive contract that right now, doesn't look all that great. They can't get good goaltending, their defence is a mess, looch sucks, management almost makes ours look good.

So pardon me if I'm not so quick to jump on the let's switch roster game, that team is f***ed up...

What I see on this side is year one of a rebuild (hopefully), good vets, good picks coming up, no guarantee of anything, but I'd rather see where our mess goes if you catch my meaning.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Am I the only want that don't hate the forward group? No superstar, but on paper, I don't hate these lines. I'm talking middle of the pack offence.

That D is putrid though.

Reactions: Redux91 and BLONG7

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I fail to see how they are ahead considering theyre just coming back from a godawful season yet again and most people have them out of the playoffs again this year.

Year ten of the rebuild (or whatever the number is), a bunch of first overalls, a looooot of draft picks and they still can't make the playoffs even with Connor fricking mcdavid

Hyperbolies aside, technically yes, their rebuild is farther ahead than ours considering it started many, many years ago, yet they have jack**** to show for it other than mcdavid and yet more magic beans. Nurse isn't turning out what everyone thought, k-Bomb too. Drai isn't hot **** either and he's signed to a massive contract that right now, doesn't look all that great. They can't get good goaltending, their defence is a mess, looch sucks, management almost makes ours look good.

So pardon me if I'm not so quick to jump on the let's switch roster game, that team is ****ed up...

What I see on this side is year one of a rebuild (hopefully), good vets, good picks coming up, no guarantee of anything, but I'd rather see where our mess goes if you catch my meaning.

The problem with the Oilers isn't the players they've gotten from the years of tanking, it's the crap around them.
For us, we are just starting, but we have nothing as of yet. Drouin, Domi, Kotka...Hmm..ya, I'll take McDavid, Draisalt and RNH over them every day of the week and about a 100 million times on sundays.
But we have Weber, ya, well, actually no we don't. He'll have missed about a full calendar year of action when he's back. How will he respond? Can't say.
Price...ya. Awesome. 2/3years he's been injured and a disappointment. He's on the wrong side of 30 now, on a team just starting to rebuild. How will he accept this era of mediocrity? Can you tell me he's going to be elite Price? I wouldn't be sure to say it, not to mention his injuries are a question.
All this entering a fresh 80M deal.

We have a bunch of interesting youngsters, ya, same with the Oilers. Doesn't mean anything.

But I don't know a single person that is on a rebuilding team that would pass on a roster including McDavid-Draisalt. Any team with those two on it is a step ahead. If they screw up around those guys, that's a completely different story.
If I gave you the Oilers with McDavid-Drai-RNH-Klef...or our Habs...to rebuild, you seriously telling me you stick with the Habs?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
What’s the consensus around here on Peca? I saw some comments on Twitter calling for him to be scratched in favour of Hudon.

I think he is wayyy ahead of Hudon on this roster.

Thoughts?

Hudon has been better in preseason, NHL, AHL. Only thing I see Peca doing better is being a C.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Bull

Can't be worst than, what is it up to now? 4, 5 first overalls?, 7 top 10's? That team was absolutely hot ****. Like a tire fire on top of a mound of hot steaming ****.

They have the best player in the world that is only 21 years old. Our best players are 31 and 33 years old and not even close to his level. Habs are definitely in a worse situation IMO.

MC94

May 13, 2018
The problem with the Oilers isn't the players they've gotten from the years of tanking, it's the crap around them.
For us, we are just starting, but we have nothing as of yet. Drouin, Domi, Kotka...Hmm..ya, I'll take McDavid, Draisalt and RNH over them every day of the week and about a 100 million times on sundays.
But we have Weber, ya, well, actually no we don't. He'll have missed about a full calendar year of action when he's back. How will he respond? Can't say.
Price...ya. Awesome. 2/3years he's been injured and a disappointment. He's on the wrong side of 30 now, on a team just starting to rebuild. How will he accept this era of mediocrity? Can you tell me he's going to be elite Price? I wouldn't be sure to say it, not to mention his injuries are a question.
All this entering a fresh 80M deal.

We have a bunch of interesting youngsters, ya, same with the Oilers. Doesn't mean anything.

But I don't know a single person that is on a rebuilding team that would pass on a roster including McDavid-Draisalt. Any team with those two on it is a step ahead. If they screw up around those guys, that's a completely different story.
If I gave you the Oilers with McDavid-Drai-RNH-Klef...or our Habs...to rebuild, you seriously telling me you stick with the Habs?
No one would pass up on mcdavid that is a given, but if this is year two of a potential rebuild for montreal they have time to stock up a competitive young core vs edmontons(depending on luck of course) if the habs place bottom 5 in the next 2-3 years and manage to pick up a first or second overall pick in that span and end up with hughes or lafreniere (I know probably wont happen) then that would be comparable to mcdavid and draisatle if they pan out how they are projected anyways it took the oilers 10 years to get that and could take the habs quite a bit less if the hockey gods allow it

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
At practice this morning were:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Domi - Lehkonen
Peca - Plekanec - Hudon/Shaw
Extra: Scherbak

Julien didn't confirm if Shaw will play. But take it as you will, but Shaw was practicing on the 2nd PP unit this morning.

Mete - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen
Alzner - Ouellet
Extra: Benn

Price
Niemi
Gross. Hudon should play over a few players.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Pretty good forward depth tbh, C needs some help of course but if Kotka becomes a true #1 center we'd be set (Danault is still young and we have Suzuki/Poehling coming up).

Our biggest weakness now is on D but that can be fixed by adding a LHD and getting Weber back.

LHD - Weber
Mete - Petry
Schelmko/Alzner/Reilly - Juulsen

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Agreed, and we have close to no puck movers. It's going to be an embarrassing season. How some think we can somehow surprise and be a bubble team is insane.

I mean, I have no idea what CJ can even employ as a system? We will win a few games with a late powerplay goal, and if we get great goaltending, but man.. the difference between this team and playoff teams is a serious joke. The depth of teams in the top 3 in each division, is so much better.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I mean, I have no idea what CJ can even employ as a system? We will win a few games with a late powerplay goal, and if we get great goaltending, but man.. the difference between this team and playoff teams is a serious joke. The depth of teams in the top 3 in each division, is so much better.
Agreed. I expect quite a bit of hard skating, forecheck boys and dump&chase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad