Habs Announce 23-Man Roster

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
There have been years of garbage rosters that I remember in my lifetime (and I'm young), and I am at a loss when it comes to the baseless negativity around here. We actually have a pretty deep team. We have a ways to go, but we have a young team and I love the fact that we are building a supporting cast for our high-end prospects as opposed to waiting for those prospects and then starting to build.

I'm no fan of MB but I like alot the state of our forward group alot more than past seasons. We are much more in line with how the league is trending. This is no longer a grinding team. It's a forechecking/speed team.

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
There have been years of garbage rosters that I remember in my lifetime (and I'm young), and I am at a loss when it comes to the baseless negativity around here. We actually have a pretty deep team. We have a ways to go, but we have a young team and I love the fact that we are vuildibu a supporting cast for our high-end prospects as opposed to waiting for those prospects and then stsrtistto build.

I'm no fan of MB but I like alot the state of our forward group alot more than past seasons. We are much more in line with how the league is trending. This is no longer a grinding team. It's a forechecking/speed team.

Except we are too small to be a good forechecking team, we will never get the puck back. Expect lots of injuries too. How on earth are we deep?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Except we are too small to be a good forechecking team, we will never get the puck back. Expect lots of injuries too. How on earth are we deep?
Agreed, and we have close to no puck movers. It's going to be an embarrassing season. How some think we can somehow surprise and be a bubble team is insane.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I could see them being a better team then last year and certainly a more exciting team as they look much quicker. That said I would be shocked if they were anything close to a playoff team. I could see them drafting 9th or 10th cause that would suck big time in what might be one hell of a draft.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
What’s the consensus around here on Peca? I saw some comments on Twitter calling for him to be scratched in favour of Hudon.

I think he is wayyy ahead of Hudon on this roster.

Thoughts?

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
What’s the consensus around here on Peca? I saw some comments on Twitter calling for him to be scratched in favour of Hudon.

Thoughts?

He'll be ahead of Hudon if for no other reason that he's a natural centre and the roster is appalingly thin on talent at that position while the team does have excellent depth of talent on wing.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Thoughts?
Neither player is good in his own zone. Both are small. Peca is the smaller of the two but quick, while Hudon is clearly slower than average. Even the so-called "highlight reel" goal he scored through the goalie's legs in exhibition happened after the defenceman EASILY caught him on a breakaway.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Forechecking is indeed an issue and is one of several reasons why DeLaRose should get a fair chance at playing, once he is healthy again. You can't play with just Armia as your only bigger forward.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'll probably be in the minority, but I can see them scoring more goals than last year.

Domi may have only scored 9, but overall production, his numbers are comparable to Galchenyuk's. He helps others score more goals.

In fact, they're both at .61 PPG.

Anything's possible, but no way I see this deal working out for us. I do like Domi though, and given he was available would have tried to add him without giving up Galchenyuk. Galchenyuk will be a 70 point player, whether on the wing or center, with the right linemates.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Bull

Can't be worst than, what is it up to now? 4, 5 first overalls?, 7 top 10's? That team was absolutely hot ****. Like a tire fire on top of a mound of hot steaming ****.
Yes, but having McDavid and Draisalt gives you a reason to watch and cling on to hope.
We are so desperate for something to look at we have to keep a kid that was 17 a few months ago and isn't even a star..
I'll happily switch teams with Edmonton.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
I didn't really watch much pre-season hockey but is everyone ok with Kotkaniemi being thrown in a top 6C roll out of the gate like this? It just kind of feels like a Galchenyuk all over agin to me. Should he not be developed another year?

Reactions: montreal

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Gotta start the rebuild somewhere
I'm all for that, and we really are at the root, so at this point Edmonton is very much ahead. Those guys aren't supposed to be in the same conversation as us, and well, I don't think they are personally.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I didn't really watch much pre-season hockey but is everyone ok with Kotkaniemi being thrown in a top 6C roll out of the gate like this? It just kind of feels like a Galchenyuk all over agin to me. Should he not be developed another year?
Pretty much the best player in camp............how could they not give him a shot? Says alot about our skill players, in that we don't have many...

I am amazed on how alot of teams have fantastic top 6's and our best hope is an 18 yr old centre...how does MB still have a job?

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

MC94

May 13, 2018
Yes, but having McDavid and Draisalt gives you a reason to watch and cling on to hope.
We are so desperate for something to look at we have to keep a kid that was 17 a few months ago and isn't even a star..
I'll happily switch teams with Edmonton.
Well no offense but they havent kept the kid yet and we havent watched him play any regular season games so we dont really know if he is a star or not yet but keep up the negativity

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well no offense but they havent kept the kid yet and we havent watched him play any regular season games so we dont really know if he is a star or not yet but keep up the negativity
He isn't a star as in..he isn't a Crosby, or Tavares, or McDavid, or Stamkos. He isn't a Dahlin.
Get the drift?
He is a very good young prospect, but he isn't a surefire star prospect.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
The only way this happens is if we have significant career years from many of our players.
Now, the dynamic make up of this team is so bad that I don't see how this happens.

We can state our opinions till we'll blue in the face but we'll have to wait for the season to unfold. And by the way I think the dynamic make up is this team's strength. At least that's what I saw in the pre-season and in no way am I giving credit to The Idiot. He just stumbled his way here.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Agreed, and we have close to no puck movers. It's going to be an embarrassing season. How some think we can somehow surprise and be a bubble team is insane.
Reilly, Mete, Petry and Schlemko when he returns. How many do you want? All six?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad