Habs Announce 23-Man Roster

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That defense...

Definitely not the greatest. But I do prefer it to last year's. Only one really missing is Weber.

But Benn was part of the 6 on opening night, this year he's the 7th.

Also last year, Alzner was on the second pair, this year he starts on the third.

And don't forget, Habs started with Streit last season. Mete was there a year ago, but he's got a year under his belt now. And I'm feeling better having Reilly, Juulsen, and Ouellet there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Ouch.

Plus, we lost Pacioretty and Galchenyuk and replaced them with a 9-goal guy and Tatar. And we finished 29th in goals scored last season.

I'll probably be in the minority, but I can see them scoring more goals than last year.

Domi may have only scored 9, but overall production, his numbers are comparable to Galchenyuk's. He helps others score more goals.

In fact, they're both at .61 PPG.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

Drouin - Kotka - Army
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehks - Domi - Byron
Hudon - Pleks - Scherbak
Peca, Shaw

Mete -Juulsen
Reilly - Petry
Oullett - Benn
Alzner

Price

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Ouch.

Plus, we lost Pacioretty and Galchenyuk and replaced them with a 9-goal guy and Tatar. And we finished 29th in goals scored last season.

Yeah we lost a 17 and 19 goals from last and we replace them by a 20 and as you said a 9th goal. I agree that we lost 7 goal from ast year. It truly hurts!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Drouin - Kotka - Army
Lehks - Domi - Byron
Hudon - Pleks - Scherbak
Peca, Shaw

Mete -Juulsen
Reilly - Petry
Oullett - Benn
Alzner

Price

At practice this morning were:

Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Domi - Lehkonen
Peca - Plekanec - Hudon/Shaw
Extra: Scherbak

Julien didn't confirm if Shaw will play. But take it as you will, but Shaw was practicing on the 2nd PP unit this morning.

Mete - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen
Alzner - Ouellet
Extra: Benn

Price
Niemi

Reactions: NoQuinn and dralaf

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Yeah we lost a 17 and 19 goals from last and we replace them by a 20 and as you said a 9th goal. I agree that we lost 7 goal from ast year. It truly hurts!
17 goals in 64 games. now add average ice-time per game, per player and come back with the results please. I'm curious as to how many goals we truly lost.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
even the forwards are bad

this team is so bad overall

Kotka pls make some magic

bald_eagle___magic___by_davidpsmith-d2zuscj.jpg

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
My biggest question is what will happen when guys start coming back from injury? Our forward depth may not be loaded with high end talent but there are a lot of forwards on the team,

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Are we expecting Domi to score 9 goals again this season? Over or Under?
Is Danault going to score another 8 goals this year? Over or Under
Are we going to have a combinations of 3 extra forwards who score a 9 goals in 133 games this season? Over or under
Is Victor Mete going to get another 0 goal this year? Over or under(LOL)?

I can go and ask thoses same question for Hudon Lehkonen and Drouin as well.... MTL offence won't be worse then last year, I can't see how this is it even possible.

Reactions: Redux91

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Are we expecting Domi to score 9 goals again this season? Over or Under?
Is Danault going to score another 8 goals this year? Over or Under
Are we going to have a combinations of 3 extra forwards who score a 9 goals in 133 games this season? Over or under
Is Victor Mete going to get another 0 goal this year? Over or under(LOL)?

I can go and ask thoses same question for Hudon Lehkonen and Drouin as well.... MTL offence won't be worse then last year, I can't see how this is it even possible.

Even if habs score like 30 more goals overall , it wont change anything that D is so bad

Reactions: EveryDay

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
17 goals in 64 games. now add average ice-time per game, per player and come back with the results please. I'm curious as to how many goals we truly lost.

I'll let you do the calculation but don't forget as well to add the PP times that Tatar got in Vegas and icetime as well.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
My biggest question is what will happen when guys start coming back from injury? Our forward depth may not be loaded with high end talent but there are a lot of forwards on the team,

When those guys start coming back slow, slowly, I'm excited to see what Habs will do to make room. Moves will be made.

We can safely predict that aside from Weber, the others will very likely be sent to Laval for conditional stints. But as soon as they're ready to come back to the NHL, we know there will be some moves made. It's a stay of execution for a few guys to have 4 players on IR.

As for the forward group, I think it's a well balanced line-up. As you say, nothing high-end. But aside from Plekanec, who I would have preferred they never bring back, I feel good about a lot of guys in this line-up.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Ouch.

They've also added 2 potential playmakers with Domi and kotkiniemi plus moving Drouin to the wing where he should be better. I can see that as a potential improvement over lazy ass pacioretty and "plays like a rookie still" Galchenyuk. Instead of 1 or 2 guys providing offense and doing absolutely nothing else, maybe by adding creative players, they will allow more players to produce overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad