Confirmed with Link: Habs acquire David Schlemko for 2019 5th rounder

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
Quit whining . We had Subban for a lot of years what did that lead for us? Nothing

Only 2 conference finals. If there were any real top-6 centres on this team, maybe one of those seasons could have ended in the league finals or maybe even a cup win.

Do you not understand that you need defenders who can skate well and move the puck in today's NHL if you want to win?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Interesting Giveaway Stats :

#1 (By a country mile) {Norris Trophy winner} Brent Burns
#2 {Norris Runner up} Eric Karlsson
#3 (Solid #3 D-man) Jeff Petry!!!!
#11 Alexi Emelin
#16 (Soilid #1) Shea Weber
#29 Nathan Beaulieu
#35 Andrei Markov
#45 Jonathan Drouin
#56 Ryan McDonagh
#68 PK Subban (WHAT????)
#90 Carey Price (The first goaltender on the list)
#116 Jordie Benn
#174 David Schlemko
#249 Alex Galchenyuk
#681 Frans Neilsson (Just to put it all in persective)

If you go by turnovers per game:

#9- Emelin
#10- Markov
#18- Weber

Holy Moly!!! Those are ugly stats for our team!!!

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/stats/player-giveaways-statistic/2016/

JJD is awful. Team looked better defensively when Julien came.

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane

#11 Alexi Emelin
#29 Nathan Beaulieu
#35 Andrei Markov
#45 Jonathan Drouin
#56 Ryan McDonagh
#68 PK Subban (WHAT????)
#116 Jordie Benn
#174 David Schlemko
#249 Alex Galchenyuk

#9- Emelin
#10- Markov
#18- Weber

This is exactly why so many of us criticised Therrien's system: it's built around chipping the puck off the boards to no one and hoping you get the puck back. It's built on giveaways...

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Only 2 conference finals. If there were any real top-6 centres on this team, maybe one of those seasons could have ended in the league finals or maybe even a cup win.

Do you not understand that you need defenders who can skate well and move the puck in today's NHL if you want to win?

subban could not give a **** ...he acheived what we all know will not happen for atleast ghe next 4-5 yrs in montreal...a trip to the cup final

i see price bailing this stranded ship

25 + yrs and countin
BRUTAL !!!

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
defensively team defense has not improved. Thats the reality. the same defense that was out of playoffs quickly.

bye bye galy

meet the new boss , same as the old boss
Defence wasn't a problem

We have up 1.97 goals per game in playoffs

We scored 1.8

Ya the defence got kicked out of first round

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
People
Keep bashing Marc bergevin who has made bad moves at times but...

Instead of learning about an acquisition they come in here and bash MB Without knowing

Go look at the San Jose losing schlemko thread or the main board thread about the trade and you'll see 90% of non habs fans admit it was a great move

Uwey

Jun 10, 2006
Lunenburg, NS
This is exactly why so many of us criticised Therrien's system: it's built around chipping the puck off the boards to no one and hoping you get the puck back. It's built on giveaways...

The Habs top 5 D-men were in the top 35 out of over 700 players in the league.

W-T-F!!!!

Never would I have imagine that in a million years!!!! :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Definitely not a 7th. There's a huge step between a reliable #5 and a #7

He played 16Min a game.. 30yo per had trouble cracking NHL lineup full time before the past 2 years... I might of exaggerated calling him a #7 (Actually I didn't call him a #7) but I think if you're calling him reliable #5 is even more of a stretch it and the difference between the #5 and the #7 isn't that great because because I bet you SJ won't have any problem filling Schlemko minutes with who ever was in the press box last year, if it wasn't the case they would have given a 5th round pick to hold on or reacquire him... Also if MTL resign Markov and sign or trade for a legit top 4, it is very likely that Schlemko might rotate in and out of the lineup with a guy like Davidson... therefor he would be a #6 or 7 Dmen..

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bergevin did a great job of getting an early 3rd for our worst dman. Then turned around and traded a 5th in 2019 for a better dman than Beaulieu.

Try and lay off the childish nicknames, it seriously erodes your credibility.

Credibility on a hockey board? What are these meaningless admonitions? There is no need to teach life lessons on what is purely an entertainment medium for random thoughts. Many of us have been using "Vegan" for Vegas yesterday -- where were you when that was going on? When the message doesn't agree with you, too easy to attack the messenger. Suit yourself.

Bergevin had to move Beaulieu when his value was higher not just before an expansion deadline where an acquiring team would need to use a protection slot on him and demand an offset in terms of how much it would be willing to pay. Hardly a "great job".

No arguments from me on Schlemko, good deal.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
People
Keep bashing Marc bergevin who has made bad moves at times but...

Instead of learning about an acquisition they come in here and bash MB Without knowing

Go look at the San Jose losing schlemko thread or the main board thread about the trade and you'll see 90% of non habs fans admit it was a great move

Who are these people?

Most of us can separate the good from the bad.

I didn't like the Weber deal. Nor the Beaulieu trade. However, loved the Drouin deal. And the Schlemko deal was a positive.

It is possible to give credit when credit is due while calling out certain moves that are questionable.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Who are these people?

I didn't like the Weber deal. Nor the Beaulieu trade. However, loved the Drouin deal. And the Schlemko deal was a positive.

It is possible to give credit when credit is due while calling out certain moves that are questionable.

I like the Drouin deal separate from bergies other moves, but this week will be very telling how bad the rest of it is and if this is just to shut people up while the ship sinks. But yeah it looks good, if Segre doesn't turn into a norris winner and drouin doesn't implode. We will have to wait 5 years for this and by that time we will be arguing about how bad the new GM is.

GiveYourHeadaShake

Apr 6, 2011
I am a Habs fan now living in Vancouver. I go to all the games to watch the other teams. We see lots of San Jose. I can confirm that Shlemko is at least outstanding against a bad team.

Apr 28, 2010
Non-Habs fans seem to like this deal for Montreal.

Lots of positive comments. Only negative ones I see are from Habs fans. Smh

Thats good enough for me.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Who are these people?

Read the thread and you'll see a bunch of people I described above

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Non-Habs fans seem to like this deal for Montreal.

Lots of positive comments. Only negative ones I see are from Habs fans. Smh

Thats good enough for me.

basically the core issue is that the defense being juggled by management like moving pylons year after year without a difference
two steps forward two steps back

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal

You need a good team to win in today's NHL. No, your "flavor of the year" particular makeup is not necessary any more than the 15 or so previous flavor of the years other posters have subjected me to since I'v been posting on HF.

I've heard them all. You need a supreme goalie. You need North Americans. You need centers. You need lots of blueliners. You need toughness. Speed. Size. Playmaking.You need a genius coach. Blah blah blah.

What you need is to ice the best team possible, and then hope they will peak at the right time, which will happen with good management, coaching, talent and a bit of luck.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

#11 Alexi Emelin
#29 Nathan Beaulieu
#35 Andrei Markov
#45 Jonathan Drouin
#56 Ryan McDonagh
#68 PK Subban (WHAT????)
#116 Jordie Benn
#174 David Schlemko
#249 Alex Galchenyuk

#9- Emelin
#10- Markov
#18- Weber

Lol puts McDonaugh in the list, that kills me

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
Who are these people?

I think Bergevin has to do more but wouldn't we give up Beaulieu and Emelin for a 3rd? We had two options. Lose Beaulieu for nothing and keep Emelin, or lose Emelin and Beaulieu for a 3rd. Which would you prefer?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think Bergevin has to do more but wouldn't we give up Beaulieu and Emelin for a 3rd? We had two options. Lose Beaulieu for nothing and keep Emelin, or lose Emelin and Beaulieu for a 3rd. Which would you prefer?

I'm just suggesting Bergevin is the author of his own shortcomings by holding on to a player like Beaulieu too long and not dealing him ahead of the expansion draft, where his value would have been higher. As I recall, there were persistent rumors about how much Edmonton valued him 2 years ago, which would have been worth more than the third draft pick he got for him.

Let's not mix apples and oranges, Vegas chose Emelin all their own. Bergevin played a passive role on that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->