Habitual Shoplifter Ryan Rollins Waived by Washington

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
He was making $1.7 million guaranteed this season. :amazed:

from the athletic.com:

79934851-0-image-a-1_1705062904357.jpg

Former Washington Wizards guard Ryan Rollins, who was waived by the team Monday night, is accused of repeatedly shoplifting from a Target store, according to documents on file at Alexandria General District Court and obtained by The Athletic.

Police said in court documents that Rollins stole small household items such as groceries, body wash and candles from a Target store on seven different occasions from Sept. 9 to Nov. 9, when he was on the Wizards’ roster. He was charged with seven counts of petit larceny, and the items alleged to have been stolen in each incident were valued at less than $1,000.

Petit larceny of goods worth less than $1,000 from a business is classified as a Class 1 misdemeanor in Virginia.

A court hearing has been scheduled for early February, and Rollins has yet to enter a plea.

Rollins’ attorney Nathan Muyskens and agent Mike Silverman declined to comment when reached Thursday by The Athletic.

The Wizards waived Rollins, 21, on Monday night after he had played in 10 regular-season games. The reserve guard came to the Wizards as part of a trade package over the summer, with Washington trading Chris Paul to the Golden State Warriors and receiving Jordan Poole, Rollins, Patrick Baldwin Jr., a 2027 second-pick and a top-20 protected 2030 first-round pick.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
He was making $1.7 million guaranteed this season. :amazed:

from the athletic.com:

79934851-0-image-a-1_1705062904357.jpg

Former Washington Wizards guard Ryan Rollins, who was waived by the team Monday night, is accused of repeatedly shoplifting from a Target store, according to documents on file at Alexandria General District Court and obtained by The Athletic.

Police said in court documents that Rollins stole small household items such as groceries, body wash and candles from a Target store on seven different occasions from Sept. 9 to Nov. 9, when he was on the Wizards’ roster. He was charged with seven counts of petit larceny, and the items alleged to have been stolen in each incident were valued at less than $1,000.

Petit larceny of goods worth less than $1,000 from a business is classified as a Class 1 misdemeanor in Virginia.

A court hearing has been scheduled for early February, and Rollins has yet to enter a plea.

Rollins’ attorney Nathan Muyskens and agent Mike Silverman declined to comment when reached Thursday by The Athletic.

The Wizards waived Rollins, 21, on Monday night after he had played in 10 regular-season games. The reserve guard came to the Wizards as part of a trade package over the summer, with Washington trading Chris Paul to the Golden State Warriors and receiving Jordan Poole, Rollins, Patrick Baldwin Jr., a 2027 second-pick and a top-20 protected 2030 first-round pick.
Clearly needs some help... lord liftin and heaven almighty.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I actually read it is “Ryan Hollins.” So I quickly googled his name and nothing was coming up with him and shoplifting. I was wondering how he was still in the league considering he’s been out of it and is 39 years old.

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
It's just a simple fact

When I want something, I don't want to pay for it. I walk right through the door.

Walk right through the door.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I genuinely feel bad for players that battle inner demons and succumb to them, be that via addictions or being stuck with past negative associations, or for those that live the highlife and fly too close to the sun thinking that the money will never stop coming in.

But pissing away an NBA contract to save a few hundred bucks at Target? Come the **** on, man.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
It’s a strange human phenomenon that most people can’t really understand, but I guess that kleptomania is a real thing. I’ve had my doubts about it, but when a millionaire steals little stuff, he’s probably having an uncontrollable impulse to do so.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
That isn't just apples and oranges, it's like apples and dildos.
S ounds like you have a guilty conscious. Ever heard of a little thing called the 8th amendment ? ‘Thou shall not steal’

I will be praying for your soul

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Straw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad