Pre-Game Talk: Habitants vs Flames

Who's winning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Come on my friend why bother with fact that kill the hf narrative.
Watch it, they will call you mb lover again

Julien already said that if it was a playoff game against Ottawa Mete would have played. If their intentions is really to make the playoff, they dont have the luxury to sit players till they get fully healthy for the sake of it, it should be playoff mode from game 1 till game 82

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'd like to showcase Scherbak for a while with Kotka and Byron. Move Armia down to the fourth line/ PK time.

Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Kotka - Scherbak
Hudon - Peca/Plek - Armia

Yeah showcase him to Julien.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Alzner plays tomorrow then there has to be a reason beyond his ability to play well. Mete still injured? Alzner looked as bad on Saturday as he has all of last year. He is no longer able to keep up with the speed of this game. How long before the experiment ends?

I'd rather see Kulak or Olofson over Alzner, until Mete gets back.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd rather see Kulak or Olofson over Alzner, until Mete gets back.

Haven't heard an update but it sounds like Olofsson re-injured what appears to be a chronic shoulder injury (though I'm no Dr Recchi) so he could be out a for a little as he injured it in preseason and has had several shoulder injuries to date.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Haven't heard an update but it sounds like Olofsson re-injured what appears to be a chronic shoulder injury (though I'm no Dr Recchi) so he could be out a for a little as he injured it in preseason and has had several shoulder injuries to date.

ooh. No wonder he was available for a low price.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Domi Scherbak
Byron Kotkaniemi Armia
Hudon Peca Lehkonen

Reilly Petry
Ouellet Juulsen
Alzner Benn

Reilly Petry
Mete Juulsen
Ouellet Benn

^
If Mete is able to go.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
DLO has better grind and attitude, and is harder to play against :sarcasm:

yxkx3.gif

tumblr_mw2ec0nNCP1t0i1e4o1_400.gif

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You can’t play a “fast game” Clode with Alzner in the line up!! What again was the attraction to sign him again?

Reactions: Simarino

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
There was no rush to dress deslauriers. Let his face fully heal before going down that decision path.

They need to get scherbak in pronto. It's not good for anyone involved that he hasn't played yet.

Reactions: Habs Icing

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
You must be a similar age as I am. I was very young in the 86 series and I remember my dad all pumped up but I don't remember much other than Roy in his rookie season. I was too young to stay up and watch the games.

The 93 cup was awesome! I remember the feeling of losing to Quebec in the 1st two games and I was sick to my stomach. But it was quite the ride after that! We only lost 4 games all playoffs that year. Something that most Stanley cup champions can't say

Im 40. The 86 cup is my best memory with my grand father. Wedrank champagne "ginger ale"after the win. I was 7. He passed away later that summer.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
An added bonus to anyone attending tomorrow nights game is seeing Olympic diving gold medalist Mike Smith back on Bell Centre ice again. :)

mike-smith-embellish_medium.gif

And people complain about soccer, that was well worthy of a Brazilian soccer player.

Did the Habs player get sent off?

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And people complain about soccer, that was well worthy of a Brazilian soccer player.

Did the Habs player get sent off?

NHLers usually get called for embellishment and but embellishment doesn't happen all that often. Soccer is a whole other ball of wax, it's a plague for them.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Im 40. The 86 cup is my best memory with my grand father. Wedrank champagne "ginger ale"after the win. I was 7. He passed away later that summer.

Sorry to hear about your grand father. I'm sure those memories of watching the young Roy take us to a cup will last forever!

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
If Alzner plays tomorrow then there has to be a reason beyond his ability to play well. Mete still injured? Alzner looked as bad on Saturday as he has all of last year. He is no longer able to keep up with the speed of this game. How long before the experiment ends?

I am a fan of keeping Alzner.. I mean apart from that softie by price on Saturday... alzner was the tank commander!

Keep my boy pickles playing... I want that high draft pick. I am all down to watch the young kids play fast and hard but in the end i want to be 1) entertained and 2) lose for a higher draft pick. Keeping the kids and Alzner ensures both is likely to happen.

I'd be more of a fan of sending some of the kids down to laval in order to get them playing more minutes and develop with our new coaches. Give them a chance to turn the Mike Maccarons into actual good players instead of what we got from Sly. Keeping alzner/benn is important so that the tank continues to roll on and we can continue to stockpile assets and sell dead wood.

Go tank go..

calling flames 4-2 with one empty netter. we always seems to struggle against west conf. teams who historically had worse records then us.. that is until Marc moved the team into his image.

Entertain but lose please :highclap::handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad