Status
Not open for further replies.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I was reading the thread about tough guys, and was thinking that Cam Neely could still be playing right now if it weren't for his injuries, and I was wondering who else there is out there that would probably still be playing today if it weren't for injuries...

I.am.ca

Lafontaine
Konstantinov
Neely
Bure
Brett Lindros - i'm glad he retired cuz he did suck.
Dan Snyder - would be in the AHL tearing it up.
Stojanov - hahaha

K those were mentioned...who else..

I.am.ca

I never liked Jeff till i took him on my team in NHL something, i was down 3-2 for the stanley cup finals against my cousin and he took a slapper from the blueline in the opposing zone and scored with 1 second left.

Made me like the guy, then he retired and it all ended.

I.am.ca

What about Ranford, didn't he retire because he pulled his groin one too many times?

I.am.ca

Yeah forgot Deadmarsh.

Jason Allison also.
Theo Fleury - mentally hurt is just as worse as physically hurt.
Sheldon Kennedy - same thing as Theo

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Flame_Star_Devil said:
Bobby Orr... was born in 1948... he is 56. Kind of old to be an offensive defenseman.

Well, maybe he'd just play on power plays, then. ;)

Neely and Lafontaine are a little on the elderly side, too - they'll both turn 40 next year.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Pat Peake
Sheldon Kanegneisser
Orest Kindrachuck
Rick Chartraw
Lowell MacDonald
Howie Meeker
Tom Bladon
Steve Buzinski
Cam Connor

Sorry, I couldn't think of anyone after Peake, and I felt like doing some more typing...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Flame_Star_Devil said:
Bobby Orr... was born in 1948... he is 56. Kind of old to be an offensive defenseman.

Good point. How about Howie Morenz then.

jaywills1020

Mar 14, 2004
Bring Back Bucky said:
Pat Peake
Sheldon Kanegneisser
Orest Kindrachuck
Rick Chartraw
Lowell MacDonald
Howie Meeker
Tom Bladon
Steve Buzinski
Cam Connor

Sorry, I couldn't think of anyone after Peake, and I felt like doing some more typing...

whatever happened to peake? i remember he used to rip up the ahl if im not mistaken. whatever league he was in he used tear it up

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
jaywills1020 said:
whatever happened to peake? i remember he used to rip up the ahl if im not mistaken. whatever league he was in he used tear it up

According to an article in the Hockey News about no touch icing, he slid in trying to win a race for the puck and ruined his ankle. He needed about a billion surgeries. If I remember correctly his retirement took a few years of attempts to come back. Quite a shame, really.. he was pretty young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->