Guys that play hockey with women on their team, how do you address the team?

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
I play in a decent competitive league that was all guys for awhile. We recently took in two ladies and I've found myself changing the way I address the team. No more, "Let's go boys" or "Nice play boys". Others on the team still do it and the girls sure as hell don't mind it, but it's just odd. Lol. Just curious what others do.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Refer to everyone as Bipeds or Homosapiens, with the basic intelligence floating around a typical hockey rink what could possibly go wrong?

Just to be sure make sure you yell it clearly at the Ref!

Reactions: Chompchompr

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
"OK, multigendered collection of decent competitive league amateur athletes, let's get out there and murder our male homonid opponents!" And just then, the buzzer sounds to end the first period. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Roman Fell

member 157595

I have always used the term "guys" to refer to a group of more than 1 person regardless of their sex. I have never meant any offense by it and if anyone gets offended I don't care because people are worthless.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
LOL. Crazy. The lot of you.

I'll just use "Yous." Lets go yous!! Good game, yous.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
I play in a decent competitive league that was all guys for awhile. We recently took in two ladies and I've found myself changing the way I address the team. No more, "Let's go boys" or "Nice play boys". Others on the team still do it and the girls sure as hell don't mind it, but it's just odd. Lol. Just curious what others do.
I'm sorry, did you just assume their gender?

Reported.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
“Lets go you people”
giphy.gif

Reactions: Roman Fell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad