News Article: Guy Lafleur to have heart operation Thursday

Jul 6, 2016
I just read on JdeM that four of his arteries were 100% blocked and his 5th was blocked at 85 %.... He was lucky to meet his doctor yesterday... I dunno if it is possible, but it seems he was just feeling a bit of pain in his chest.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
One of the all time greats. He could raise his play in pressure situations. More than any I can remember.

Unfortunately, there were always rumors he never took care of himself. No doubt why at 30 his career was on major down slope. Probably why today, even at a young age he had such a serious operation.

Reactions: jj cale

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
For the past 3 years he has been coming to a charity golf tournament in Moncton as honorary chair. This year it was in August and he looked fine. He is a classy guy and looks to be in great shape for his age...his arms and hands are huge! He can probably still unleash a powerful shot. I wish him a speedy recovery.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Just heard that the flower had to go in for a quadruple bypass surgery today after trying to get his helicopter license renewed. thoughts and prayers with him as he goes through this.

So you can say his passion for helicopters saved his life.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Easily my favorite Hab. I was crushed when he was forced to retire (the first time). Saw him in his comeback withe the Rags here in Wpg. Crowd was definitely pro "GUY". Scored a goal, then later in the game was hauled down by Carlisle and was awarded a penalty show (first of his career). Didn't score on Pokey but next shift came out and scored. He was first star of the game & the crowd was cheering. Wish him the best & a speedy recovery.

Reactions: jj cale

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I just read on JdeM that four of his arteries were 100% blocked and his 5th was blocked at 85 %.... He was lucky to meet his doctor yesterday... I dunno if it is possible, but it seems he was just feeling a bit of pain in his chest.
This tells you how much of a natural athlete he was! It means that he had 15% of 20% of his blood flow going through and ONLY felt some heartburns. Heartburns. 15% of 1/5 of his arteries. Tbnk. That's exceptional! A freak.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
For the past 3 years he has been coming to a charity golf tournament in Moncton as honorary chair. This year it was in August and he looked fine. He is a classy guy and looks to be in great shape for his age...his arms and hands are huge! He can probably still unleash a powerful shot. I wish him a speedy recovery.

a lot of ex-habs have bad reps. Richer for one shouldn't be let anywhere near the dressing room. funny bit he had in the newspapers the other day. I know a few girls he harassed and one he kissed without consent (it was much more worst than that) . coked all the way through his career up until now. I'd like to meet him one day, and ask him a few questions (just to play with his dumb 50 IQ head) before beating him down.

then you have Guy. On tours people were drawn to him and the crowd was giving him support about what he was going through with his son. The guy was just pure class. You can't fake it. He would literally do anything to make other people happy. Just a selfless man.

Ex habs should not be one category. it should be divided to highlight those who really shine. Being an ex hab means nothing.

it has nothing to do with your post but it had to be said.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Guy smoked between periods, what an animal.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Easily my favorite Hab. I was crushed when he was forced to retire (the first time). Saw him in his comeback withe the Rags here in Wpg. Crowd was definitely pro "GUY". Scored a goal, then later in the game was hauled down by Carlisle and was awarded a penalty show (first of his career). Didn't score on Pokey but next shift came out and scored. He was first star of the game & the crowd was cheering. Wish him the best & a speedy recovery.
Great post.

I saw his first game back at the forum with the Rangers. A 7-5 come back win for the Habs. Guy scored two and added an assist. Corson got his first career hat trick.

Dryden and the Flower my two favorite players of all time.

Wish him a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The top dog hab for me and all of my family during his playing days, I wish him a speedy recovery. I met him 20 years ago when he and many former habs alumni toured the Maritimes playing charity events, he signed my nephew's hat and was very gracious and friendly to both of us. I watched him shooting some pucks in the warmup and I could not get over just how hard that he could still shoot a puck. God damn! We really need the modern version of Mr. Lafleur.
:thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad