OT: Guy Boucher fired

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
His biggest enemy is himself, has a team who`s recipe for success hinges on the fact that opponents will take penalties and his team will convert those chances.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
See: Game 7 ECF, zero penalties called

Yep, just one of many games where he showed no ability to work a change into the system. Our boy CJ was the same for years, still has a stubborn streak but when he finally accepted that change was needed, this team has had success

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
So much for the magical 1-3-1. I'll give him credit for one thing. He has perfected the death stare. There is nothing to base this on but why do I see him behind a Flyers bench?

Bruins 54

Nov 20, 2010
In today's NHL no matter what the system, its goaltending that makes or breaks a coach ...

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Honestly I think the main problem is Tampa has a lot of its money sunk into its forward corps and has very little defensive talent.

I don't put this all on Boucher, but I think it was pretty clear his head was close to rolling. I will also say I was never a fan for the way Boucher seemed to interact with his players-he just always gave me the impression that if I played for him I would have a hard time respecting him, because he didn't always seem to respect his players.

I think Torts and Laviolette will likely make it to the end of the season, but I think their heads might roll if their teams don't make it into the playoffs. I think Torts doesn't seem to know how to use the talent he does have (beyond collapsing around the goalie and blocking shots) and Laviolette seems to have no clue how to structure any kind of defense.

At least Boucher tried to structure a defense even if it didn't quite work.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
That's on the GM.

Yep, which is why I don't think Tampa's current problems are all Boucher.

His getting fired doesn't shock me any-but that team probably needs to be blown up and some defense added for any coach to do well.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I have to ask as your comment makes me think you never saw Stevie Y play so......have you....

Actually being 52 and watching the game for I'd say 42 of them I think I can have an opinion on some things.

I realize being a member of this board for some years now your deemed a fool or idiot or clueless when expressing a different view of the game or players.

And yes in my view he was overrated. Guy never won anything until that roster was loaded.Sorry to hurts some feelings but that my view.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->