Guts

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
Well, I am not going to dwell on lack of dicipline or this or that. I want to congratulate this team on making is far closer of a series than it should have been considering how beat up this team is. I see much better things from this team going forward and really, now that this season is done, what else can you do ?
The legs were done. They did what they could with what they had left. I think a few changes and not a complete overhaul is all that is needed to do some damage next season.

Thanks guys and see you next year.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Ditto. Pretty amazing how close this series was given that the Bs were severely hurt by injuries and sure as hell didn't have much luck go their way.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Echoed. They gave it a good go.

We had some horrific injuries and without that train wreck officiating in G2 OT, who knows?

I was worried about our D, but not any more.

Chara was great this year and will be fine next year with fewer minutes.
Carlo will be back.
Krug and McAvoy as PMD will open up a lot.
Keep KMiller.

Add to our offense and we'll be on the up!

Marley

Feb 10, 2011
Credit to the Bs in this series, showed heart but just didn't have enough healthy starts to get over the hump. They had guts.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
In years past they would have thrown in the towel citing injuries, etc.. Tails between their legs.

They never gave up. I respect that.

As well as some of the kids got a valuable learning experience. For the first time in a while Im really looking forward to the next season.

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
When the playoffs started, I was praying for them to not be swept. After the double overtime victory, I was finally excited about the future.

They never gave up and worked hard the whole series. Hopefully next year they will eliminate the dumb penalties that I equated to nerves and be ready to really go next year.

I was proud of the team and the effort and attitude they displayed and hopefully the core is back and ready to roll now that they inexperienced guys have had a taste of the playoffs

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Some of our key players were injured and some of our (healthy) key players under-performed, but I'm pretty proud of the Bruins as a team.

I was very worried about this organization's future throughout most of the year, but as of right now, I'm pretty optimistic. We have some impressive young talent and the chance to make some serious playoff runs.

LucicIsABeast

Dec 7, 2008
Lville IL
Now that my fifteen minute cooldown is over, I 100% agree. A lot of brightspots from this series and quite frankly, I think the Sens match up to this team very well. Kevan Miller played a great series, the emergence of McAvoy, some bangers stepping up and showing they can play, etc. a lot of work and some disappointment from top guys but overall, I'm upset but not surprised

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
im not as optimistic as everyone here. No doubt this group showed a lot of guts during this series and deserved better, but to expect Accari Kurarly (literally played 1 good game) Nash etc to be as effective next year is asking a lot.

Let's not forget what this team is, and it's a team with glaring needs, if being an actual contender is our goal and not just a squeak into the playoffs and hope to win a game or too.

Toronto will be substantially better next year with lots of cap room
Florida was desimated by injuries all year
Add Tampa to that list.
Buffalo/Detroit up in the air
Ottawa well they end our season every year

Gutsy effort but this team needs a lot more and needs to shed dead
Weight

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
im not as optimistic as everyone here. No doubt this group showed a lot of guts during this series and deserved better, but to expect Accari Kurarly (literally played 1 good game) Nash etc to be as effective next year is asking a lot.

Let's not forget what this team is, and it's a team with glaring needs, if being an actual contender is our goal and not just a squeak into the playoffs and hope to win a game or too.

Toronto will be substantially better next year with lots of cap room
Florida was desimated by injuries all year
Add Tampa to that list.
Buffalo/Detroit up in the air
Ottawa well they end our season every year

Gutsy effort but this team needs a lot more and needs to shed dead
Weight

Yes, all teams will end up being a little better next year. I think our D is finally going to be better next year. Carlo and Mac are on the squad. Chara is still very good. Krug has elite offensive ability and Kevan Miller showed me something this series for sure. That's 5 very solid guys. Colin is decent, maybe McQuaid doesn't get taken in expansion(I really think he will). Maybe we add a solid 5/6 guy. Liles and Morrow are gone. We've got 5-6 solid top liners with experience and what looks be the solid formation of a great (and cheap )4th line in guys like Accari, Kuraly, Blidh, Schaller.....3rd line is the issue. Spoons needs to go. Vatrano is ok at best. Beleskey and Hayes are junk. So to me we are a third line away from something special.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
so proud of this team and I see us going in a good direction with Cassidy.

Happy with the overall results and the fight they showed in the playoffs dealing with some major adversity.

We will be losing Chara soon so it's good to have some experience with playoff hockey for our young guys, so they see the up's and downs, adversity and level of discipline needed to get far in the playoffs.

I actually feel...ok? I thought I'd be more upset but..I'm just proud they still made it a series after losing such key players.

Losing Krug was so big.

I'm ready for McAvoy hype train!!!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am sad they are out now but it doesn't feel nearly as bad as the last few years. I am very proud of this team and they are only going to be better next season.

Good defense is hard to find/trade for, and the Bruins have drafted well. With Chara as their mentor, this is very exciting to see.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Congrats to the team. Rebounded well late in the season after their 4 games losing streak to clinch the playoffs.

They gave their all in the playoffs despite all the key injuries.

McAvoy took his chance and ran with it. Krug-McAvoy-Carlo all young and will lead the top-6 for years. Chara there to mentor and help all he can. McQuaid/K.Miller/C.Miller/Morrow/plehtora of other prospects there to round out the 5-7 spots.

Like some said, this year will be like 07-08. The year that started it all.

I feel like we have another 09-14 run upon us in the next few years.

It's a good time to be a Bruins fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad