Recalled/Assigned: Gustav Olofsson

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Again, assuming we trade two top 4 Dmen, AND Olofsson shows well. They would probably pick Zucker instead...maybe not. It,is far fetched, but scary.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
... But will we REALLY, though?

I'd be surprised if Vegas even mentions Olofsson's name during closed door meetings. He's not even on the radar compared to the other players we're leaving exposed.

Yeah, I just don't see it. If not Scandella/Spurgeon/Dumba, then Zucker or even Kuemper.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I thought he always had game, but his body wouldn't cooperate. Wonder if he can play RD?

He, Brodin, and Folin can form a posse and go kick some Finnish ass in the dressing room!

Just no touching of the hair, and face.

Important not to expect too much from him at first. He is going to make mistakes. My hope is that he can play NHL level D, and not be a complete bozo with the puck.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Turns 22 tomorrow but always looks like an NHLer to me.

Interesting to see him on the ice down a goal with 1:30 or so on the clock, but he did fine with the puck. Always liked his offensive instincts.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Didn't notice him except for that early shift where he was falling down right left and center. can't say that i was impressed, or unimpressed. Certainly not a noticeable player like Reilly, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Kind of worry about how durable he might be. Very thin looking. Eat some spaghetti, man!

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
I thought he played great last night! He only played 11 minutes but I liked what I saw. He was very smart in both zones of the ice. He had one pinch where he missed the puck, but he still tied up the man. I've seen a few pinches from Reilly and Prosser where they miss the puck and man. As of right now I think I would rather have him playing than Reilly or Prosser. Hopefully they both push each other to get better. Do people think top 4 potential?

^^yeah 6'3'' 197 lol he needs to put on some weight.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
197 isn't bad, but I wonder if he might've been wearing soaking wet wool clothes for that weigh in. He might be like me when I was young...6'1", and struggled to keep weight above 175. Doesn't mean you can't be strong...that height and reach gives some leverage.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Didn't notice him except for that early shift where he was falling down right left and center. can't say that i was impressed, or unimpressed. Certainly not a noticeable player like Reilly, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Kind of worry about how durable he might be. Very thin looking. Eat some spaghetti, man!

It's a lesser version of comparing Brodin to Dumba.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->