Gustav Nyquist & Vincent Trocheck fined $2,000 each for diving

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
apparently not, unless it is possible to propel nyquist several inches into the air with only a stick tap on the shins

Looks like he is trying to push to the right but his legs get caught up.

You can see his left foot hit his right in the crossover.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Trocheck is really making a name for himself for all the wrong reasons.

His Monster dive against the Rangers got him a warning and then he dives against the Caps just days later.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
The problem is the NHL doesn't call obvious stick infractions. So players have to dive in order for them to "sell" the call better. Players shouldn't be diving, of course, but the NHL officials are still part of the problem.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
The NHL should've been watching the Avs vs Oilers a few days ago.

Derek Roy was diving all over the place.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
For only $3,000 more they could have skated up behind a player and slashed them in the testicles.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
For only $3,000 more they could have skated up behind a player and slashed them in the testicles.

:cry::laugh:

Good NHL are handing out these.. however I dont necessarily see what is worse with these than what you see in pretty much every game...

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Trocheck is really making a name for himself for all the wrong reasons.

His Monster dive against the Rangers got him a warning and then he dives against the Caps just days later.
No arguments can be made on this dive, but come on, the "monster dive" against NYR was more of a loss of balance. Every single NHL player that gets high sticked does the whiplash to sell it, Trocheck isn't any different in that regard. He just happened to be skating backwards on one skate and lost his balance (because of the whiplash) in comical fashion.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
They only did this to try to keep the Wings ref conspiracy as hidden as possible, but we can see right through it.

Trocheck's dive made him look like an NBA player.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Those were both awful and they should be ashamed. I'm living the public shaming though.

For poster above, Tatar has also dove a couple times for the wings as has Franzen a while ago

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I think PK Subban might be getting a call from the league soon for his flop last night against the Lightning. Not sure if anyone has a video of this or not.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Dno what incident it is for Nyquist but if it's the call he drew on Eberle yesterday it's ridiculous, since it looked like he just fell but got up quick and made a play anyway. Not his fault the refs called a penalty. Late 2nd period for those who wanna check.

Figured Franzen would be hit first with this. Basically the only Red Wing forward who embellishes.

Not true at all anymore.

Aside from Nyquist and Frazen I've seen Tatar dive, and several other players have incidents that were probably dives.

It's pathetic. Not the fine, but that Nyquist and other players are diving. I'm glad the league is finally addressing the epidemic.

Refs struggle with consistency and don't manage games as well, players see what they'll get away with, and diving is becoming less taboo. It's a problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad