Gustav Nyquist Appreciation Thread

petesrw

Apr 6, 2009
Wow. Nyquist keeps looking better and better. That line looked great again, with so many scoring chances, many of which were thanks to him. Anytime he touches the puck, he can make something happen. All he needs is to start finding the back of the net more, but I see no reason that it won't start soon enough with all I've seen.

He's no Datsyuk, but no other player on the team can pull off Datsyuk like plays with the same consistency as Nyquist, from getting a lot of space with some fancy stick handling, to robbing a guy of the puck.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Teams are starting to noticeably back off of him, the word is out on his speed and they are taking more care in going up against him. Only gives him more space, but like that he is getting that reputation, it will help him in the long run. Especially given what a good passer he is.

CloneHakanPlease*

50+ points next year if given top 6 minutes. He looks great!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Nyquist really failed to impress me to start the year and now, well, holy hell he's coming on.

And just when we need it. He's had great games and I just can't imagine the points don't follow soon.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
I'm just gonna quote my previous post from the GDT thread.

3. I don't think I've ever seen Nyquist attempt to get into the opposing zone and fail.

I'll admit, I've been a Nyquist fanboy from day one. But he really does look good. He has looked stronger on the boards which was one of my main concerns in previous games.

To sum it up, I'm putting a lot of eggs into the Gus basket. Once he has a full season behind under his belt I think we will see something special.

CloneHakanPlease*

Nyquist really failed to impress me to start the year and now, well, holy hell he's coming on.

And just when we need it. He's had great games and I just can't imagine the points don't follow soon.

Maybe, just maybe, those of us clamoring for him to stay more than one game up at a time were on to something :sarcasm:

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
He's been fantastic, playing with confidence, making moves on the Dats and Z level and really impressing... but he needs to start scoring. Not for his own sake. But for the team. His place is locked, but if he doesn't score, he might regress. Then he might be taken out of the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad