Confirmed with Link: Gustav Lindstrom loaned to Almtuna IS

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Teams are going to be reluctant (As they should) to give up spots to guys who could disappear by November or December so there is going to be limited opportunities to find roster spots for guys who will be called back for our nhl roster when the season eventually picks up.

I think available role is probably part of the discussion as well. In theory a shl team might have offered a 3rd pairing role but the tier 2 could be offerings top pair + first PP and PK.

there is a lot at play in these uncertain times

Last edited:

FabricDetails

I know enough to know I know nothing
Mar 30, 2009
upload_2020-8-17_16-25-32.jpeg

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Why wouldn’t they?

nothing in the NHL for them and they’re are games/practices somewhere else where they can keep going

When do the games/practices start in Europe? If the NHL really expected to start their season in December, they'd open camps sometime in November, I'm guessing? So, for teams playing in Europe, these players wouldn't be getting a lot of extra ice time, and I'd question if you'd want to risk injury for some of these guys to be playing in a lower league.

But that's assuming the NHL actually starts in December, something this move with Lindstrom made me doubt a bit because it is such a lower league. Now, the NBA is already talking about how Dec. 1st feels a little early to be resuming things.

The NHL relies on what they get at the gate more than the other major sports. If the NBA is doing the math and looking at backing it up to make paying fans more likely, we know the NHL is, too. Guess we need to enjoy these playoff games while we can because it might be longer than we think before the next season starts.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Huge upgrade for that level. Should log highest minutes on that team for sure and have also big offensive role.

Going back to Almtuna, where he did play 4 seasons as junior aged is not a desperate move. Just a familiar place to play and practise with lowest corona-risks in a smaller town.

Last edited:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
When do the games/practices start in Europe? If the NHL really expected to start their season in December, they'd open camps sometime in November, I'm guessing? So, for teams playing in Europe, these players wouldn't be getting a lot of extra ice time, and I'd question if you'd want to risk injury for some of these guys to be playing in a lower league.

But that's assuming the NHL actually starts in December, something this move with Lindstrom made me doubt a bit because it is such a lower league. Now, the NBA is already talking about how Dec. 1st feels a little early to be resuming things.

The NHL relies on what they get at the gate more than the other major sports. If the NBA is doing the math and looking at backing it up to make paying fans more likely, we know the NHL is, too. Guess we need to enjoy these playoff games while we can because it might be longer than we think before the next season starts.

Preseason games for the Allsvenskan start the second week of September. I think it is absolutely the right move given the insanely long layoff most guys are facing in this crazy season. We aren't exactly sending Larkin and Mantha to Europe, but rather young guys we are still trying to develop. Skating and training in a team setting, even in a lower level league, is better than trying to do it on your own in my opinion.

Reactions: Winger98

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Teams are going to be reluctant (As they should) to give up spots to guys who could disappear by November or December so there is going to be limited opportunities to find roster spots for guys who will be called back for our nhl roster when the season eventually picks up.

I think available role is probably part of the discussion as well. In theory a shl team might have offered a 3rd pairing role but the tier 2 could be offerings top pair + first PP and PK.

there is a lot at play in these uncertain times

I'd be holding out for some of that NHL franchise money if I was a Euro team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->