Gustav Forsling

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
When Forsling comes back: 3 best LDs (Keith, Forsling, Gustafsson) and 3 best RDs (Joki, Seabrook, Rutta) - mix and match.

When Murphy comes back: swap in Murphy for Rutta - mix and match.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
When Forsling comes back: 3 best LDs (Keith, Forsling, Gustafsson) and 3 best RDs (Joki, Seabrook, Rutta) - mix and match.

When Murphy comes back: swap in Murphy for Rutta - mix and match.

Keith-Jokiharju
Forsling-Murphy
Gus/Manning-Seabrook

Rutta traded

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Manning should not come out of the lineup. He’s the only physical D we have back there, and will only get better as he becomes more accustomed to the Hawks system.

Everyone is talking about Forsling/Murphy like they are some saviors on defense. I just don’t see it.

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I just don't think Murphy will ever be the same player. Back injuries are near death for hockey players. I still wonder what Bolland could've been had he not hurt his (was still a good player, but not what he was projected to become out of junior although concussions did play a part too).

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I just don't think Murphy will ever be the same player. Back injuries are near death for hockey players. I still wonder what Bolland could've been had he not hurt his (was still a good player, but not what he was projected to become out of junior although concussions did play a part too).

Definitely a concern, especially if he’s healthy enough to play but he’s bad enough to where he has no trade value. Hopefully he’s able to recover well enough to be a solid defenseman again otherwise it might be a wait and see with compliance buyout.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Manning should not come out of the lineup. He’s the only physical D we have back there, and will only get better as he becomes more accustomed to the Hawks system.

Everyone is talking about Forsling/Murphy like they are some saviors on defense. I just don’t see it.
They’re not saviors they’re just better than Manning. And Murphy is absolutely a physical defenseman.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

You don’t see it because you haven’t seen them. Murphy is much better than manning and just as physical. They are not saviors but they are much better.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Still some upside with Forsling. For a 22 year old, he's got a fair amount of NHL experience.

Gus took until he was 26 to crack the roster and he's definitely one of the better defenceman on the roster currently. There's time for Forsling, but he does need to be mindful of the incoming influx of competition. Won't be a spot for him if he takes too long.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'd be OK with
Keith Joker
Forsling Seabrook
Manning Murphy

..once everyone is healthy. And by Ok I mean, Ok with it based off of the siht we have to choose from.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint

Brandon, there's no time to post HF comments, man.
You gotta be practicing your breakway moves on net - 5-hole, top cheese, bar down, hell even spin-o-ramas, dude. I mean now that's you're one of our main scoring threats. ;-)

I heard talk is you're now #3 in the shootout cue. ;-) ;-)

----------
J/k dude - any goal ties a game is a big one and good onya for coming thru.
GoHawks.

Last edited:
Reactions: boxcar65

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Brandon, there's no time to post HF comments, man.
You gotta be practicing your breakway moves on net - 5-hole, top cheese, bar down, hell even spin-o-ramas, dude. I mean now that's you're one of our main scoring threats. ;-)

I heard talk is you're now #3 in the shootout cue. ;-) ;-)

----------
J/k dude - any goal ties a game is a big one and good onya for coming thru.
GoHawks.

Manning obviously lacks in the pure skill department and that is why folks love to criticise but .....Can't diss a player for showing some moxy. Too bad all Hawks Dmen can't read those chances to jump into the play and become a scoring threat..

Reactions: boxcar65

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Gus has offensive presence though. Way better than Manning.
He is flashier, I'll give him that. He just makes really, really bad turnovers and handles the puck like a grenade a lot of times. It's like picking the least stinkiest shit, Stan needs to fix it fast. Neither Dman should have been signed.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He is flashier, I'll give him that. He just makes really, really bad turnovers and handles the puck like a grenade a lot of times. It's like picking the least stinkiest ****, Stan needs to fix it fast. Neither Dman should have been signed.

Gus does have one to a few plays each game where you wonder if he has a brain but he is more than adequate as a #6D.

Once Murphy and Forsling comeback things should stabilize as they will provide much better balance.

I would take Gus over Manning 11 out of 10 times.

Manning was a bad signing.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Early November was the initial timetable. But he has already been spotted on the ice taking shots... so it might be sooner than that. Haven't heard anything for a bit, though.

I think after his second practise they said his timeline is still the same but that is several days ago.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Gus does have one to a few plays each game where you wonder if he has a brain but he is more than adequate as a #6D.

Once Murphy and Forsling comeback things should stabilize as they will provide much better balance.

I would take Gus over Manning 11 out of 10 times.

Manning was a bad signing.
It’s definitely closer to a few, than one, on a nightly basis. He is just a really, really risky player. He is an adequate #6 on this team, but on a decent team he should be in the AHL, along with Manning.

I feel like Manning is a little less riskier in his own zone, and I think Murphy would be able to play his game more if he was with Manning than if he was with Gus. That was really my only thought process behind those pairings.

Gus was a bad signing, Rutta was a bad signing, and Manning was a bad signing. We could do as good or better for 1/3 of the price of those 3 Dmen.
I think Davidson should get a crack here in the next game or two over either one of those 3.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It’s definitely closer to a few, than one, on a nightly basis. He is just a really, really risky player. He is an adequate #6 on this team, but on a decent team he should be in the AHL, along with Manning.

I feel like Manning is a little less riskier in his own zone, and I think Murphy would be able to play his game more if he was with Manning than if he was with Gus. That was really my only thought process behind those pairings.

Gus was a bad signing, Rutta was a bad signing, and Manning was a bad signing. We could do as good or better for 1/3 of the price of those 3 Dmen.
I think Davidson should get a crack here in the next game or two over either one of those 3.

Gus and Rutta were fine signings. Gus is a #6 NHL D. I think Rutta is moved at the deadline similar to Kempny, btw.

Manning was the only bad one. Manning has just as many turnovers and there are a few times every game where he just tries to do too much which results in a bad play.

Manning actually has more giveaways than Gus. Manning has less blocks as well.

Gus has a 52.68% corsi (50.57% when the game is close) and Manning has a 44.38% corsi (42.65% when the game is close) .

There are literally no indicators that Gus is an not NHL D other than you and CD saying that is what he is. The numbers show a much different story.

We will just have to agree to disagree or we will just go round and round.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Rutta was really good to start the year last year until he got hurt. Too bad he got banged up coming into camp again this year. Wonder if his groin is still bothering him a bit. Those are tough ones to play through.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Rutta had a groin injury during camp. And it's highly likely he's not 100% yet. He looked great, and easily a good #5 last year before injury, with the ability to play some top 4 minutes if needed. Not sure how that one is a bad signing.

Gus is overpaid, but he's still a serviceable bottom pairing guy. And far better than Manning. Manning is the only bad signing. And it hasn't taken long to realize that.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad