Value of: Gustav Forsling to Montreal

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
What would it take to get Gustav Forsling to Montreal? This is the kinda guy the Habs should go for if the asking price is reasonable. 21yo PMDs capable of playing in the top 4 of a contending team don't come cheap, that's for sure, but is there anything in Montreal that could potentially get it done? What are the needs?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
CHI needs young cost controlled PMDs capable of playing top 4 minutes.

There really is no reason to deal him. The only way I could see it, is if MTL offered a valuable piece AND agreed to take on Seabrook. Something like Lehkonen and Jordie Benn(or other bottom pairing D) for Forsling and Seabrook. I have no idea if CHI would do that, but as a GM the opportunity to get away from that contract might make me want to do it.

migi

Feb 25, 2015

There really is no reason to deal him. The only way I could see it, is if MTL offered a valuable piece AND agreed to take on Seabrook. Something like Lehkonen and Jordie Benn(or other bottom pairing D) for Forsling and Seabrook. I have no idea if CHI would do that, but as a GM the opportunity to get away from that contract might make me want to do it.

Hawks should definitely do that. But I think they wouldn't.

The need is in D for Hawks so can't see them partners. I would trade him straight up to Mete but Habs wouldnt.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Yeah, I figured a team with a rather shallow prospect pool like Chicago would want to hold on to him barring a deal you can't say no to. I'd look somewhere else if we have to take on Seabrook's contract but we could take some other cap dump if there are any.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Hawks should definitely do that. But I think they wouldn't.

The need is in D for Hawks so can't see them partners. I would trade him straight up to Mete but Habs wouldnt.

Yeah if we have to give up our top LHD prospect then it's a no too. I might consider giving up Juulsen for him though.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
chicago needs scoring so galchenyuk?

Sounds like a Hall for Larsson except in a bit smaller scale, Forsling doesn't have Galchenyuk kinda value. Maybe Forsling+ for Galchenyuk or if the Hawks want a dman to replace Forsling, Forsling + bigger add for Galchenyuk + Benn or something like that. What kind of upside does Kämpf have? He seems potentially interesting as an add.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Sounds like a Hall for Larsson except in a bit smaller scale, Forsling doesn't have Galchenyuk kinda value. Maybe Forsling+ for Galchenyuk or if the Hawks want a dman to replace Forsling, Forsling + bigger add for Galchenyuk + Benn or something like that. What kind of upside does Kämpf have? He seems potentially interesting as an add.
i think chicago wouldn't want to trade two young, cheap players for galch. they are in a cap bind and need as many cheap contracts as possible. galch is a good player but pretty expensive for chicago.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
i think chicago wouldn't want to trade two young, cheap players for galch. they are in a cap bind and need as many cheap contracts as possible. galch is a good player but pretty expensive for chicago.

That is true too. As I already said, we can take a cap dump not named Seabrook but not sure if the Hawks have any. If they can't afford or don't want a player making that kinda money, then we're left with prospects and players on their ELCs. Any Hawks fans who want to share their thoughts?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Chicago needs defense. Can't imagine them moving Forsling, but they also need young offensive players outside DeBrincat. They're in a tough spot. Probably should wait to see how Duclair turns out with them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad