• Vegas (re-signs)

• Back to KHL

• Other (please say below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Vegas is unlikely, but it’s still the most probable scenario. However, I’m homer voting San Jose because it’s a great fit on a lot of levels.

- Gusev’s agent also represents Ryan Merkley and Johnathan Dahlen, so he has experience working with Doug Wilson to help out “problem” players in difficult situations and would certainly vouch for the organization.

- The Sharks have a massive influx of Russian players that will be joining their lineup in the coming years and Gusev would be a good fit to mentor them.

- The Sharks need a winger with top-line upside and will probably have about $4M to spend on one.

- George McPhee isn’t nearly as averse to trading valuable players within the division as some other GMs are. (I might have to double check this info)

- Igor Eronko is a trusted Russian source and he mentioned San Jose as a possible fit for Gusev. (Along with Columbus and Detroit)

Reactions: TheGoldenGod

Noel May

Jun 20, 2018
Vegas is unlikely, but it’s still the most probable scenario. However, I’m homer voting San Jose because it’s a great fit on a lot of levels.

- Gusev’s agent also represents Ryan Merkley and Johnathan Dahlen, so he has experience working with Doug Wilson to help out “problem” players in difficult situations and would certainly vouch for the organization.

- The Sharks have a massive influx of Russian players that will be joining their lineup in the coming years and Gusev would be a good fit to mentor them.

- The Sharks need a winger with top-line upside and will probably have about $4M to spend on one.

- George McPhee isn’t nearly as averse to trading valuable players within the division as some other GMs are. (I might have to double check this info)

- Igor Eronko is a trusted Russian source and he mentioned San Jose as a possible fit for Gusev. (Along with Columbus and Detroit)

I would only disagree with the inter-division sentiment as he just proved with Miller and Haula deals that he wouldn't even trade in the conference. I have to think some Western Conference teams would have offered equal or more than those returns

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I would only disagree with the inter-division sentiment as he just proved with Miller and Haula deals that he wouldn't even trade in the conference. I have to think some Western Conference teams would have offered equal or more than those returns

I don’t think I would say that. They clearly coveted Nicolas Roy after watching him in the Calder Cup Finals, and that 2nd round pick in 2021 from Buffalo could be a very high one. I agree that they didn’t do well in either return, but you never know what everybody else is offering, and you can never be sure what kind of premium a team places on the assets they received.

If you were to work on that premise, you could conclude that Winnipeg isn’t willing to trade within the division because they traded Jacob Trouba for a return that was less than other teams reportedly offered. However, from what we can tell, the real reason is that Winnipeg placed far more value on Neal Pionk than they placed on the players that were offered to them by other teams, and because Trouba wanted to play with the Rangers.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Oilers pls
Yes please. There is no other place in the NHL with as much opportunity on the wings than in EDM w/ McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH.

It sucks because I doubt Vegas would move him to a division rival but the Oilers have good prospects to trade for Gusev since Vegas is in a cap crunch

Reactions: 780il

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's Columbus. They have a Panarin sized hole in their lineup.

They also have 6 top 4 D, and Vegas could really use another. Columbus has the cap space to make it work financially for Vegas.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
CBus they were liked enough by the Russians they did have and he will top line minutes there as close to as you will find on a "playoff" team.

Also dont forget he has Gavrikov to come along with him. I bet Columbus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad