Confirmed with Link: Gusev traded to Devils for picks 2020 3rd; 2021 2nd

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
He scored a goal 2 minutes into the game today and he has looked fantastic in the pre-season. I do think we messed up here big time.

Oh well. Win some lose some. He looks to be worth every penny NJ paid him and then some.

Reactions: derriko

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
True...but we'd be more fine with a conditional 1st for giving up a player of his dazzling talents.

Agreed, I wish a lot of things happened differently, but I'm not gonna cry over spilled milk when we have a juggernaut right now. I also hope we don't keep getting Gusev highlight reports here each game. I'm gonna enjoy the team we got.
:hockey:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
True...but we'd be more fine with a conditional 1st for giving up a player of his dazzling talents.

I think he scored on a virtual empty netter and didn't do a lot of note other than that. He was part of their collapse. I'm not saying he won't be able to put up 50 something points but I'm not sure he can bring a lot else to an NHL team. He wouldn't have gotten the opportunity here because of our stacked lineup.

I've come to terms with the trade but, like you said, a 1st rounder would have been nice.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Hopefully there won’t be many Gusev highlight reports because there won’t be many highlights. I was looking forward to seeing him play for the Knights and honestly, I would feel better if his performance is underwhelming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad