Guillaume Latendresse....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CH Wizard

Leachmeister2000 said:
TGO, Latendresse has been hyped as a possible #2 pick after last season, Wheeler was in no one's radar then, I don't know what Latendresse has done to slip so far. He had a slow start but he sure did pick up steam after that. If he plays like he did in the playoffs and the home stretch before that, there's no telling how good he may be.

You're right...but both were/will be high risk/high reward type of picks.Both are projected to become dominant power forwards ala Guerin...but you're right...Wheeler was never in either ISS/CSS top 5 or 10.He was projected to be gone in the second round from day 1.

Wheeler is projected to become a dominant PF, Bob.He has size and he's a clear project.He hasn't learned to use his size yet...he didn't use it much in the USHS or in the USHL.He'll learn how to use his size...as the time goes...we'll know more when he'll play for the Gophers, I guess.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
The Great One said:
Wheeler and Latendresse HAVE A LOT OF THINGS IN COMMON.I'm not talking about their skating or etc...but they play a power forward of game.Wheeler was a high risk/high reward type of pick.Latendresse will maybe also gonna be the same type of pick.

Wheeler was projected to go in the second round, last year.So is Latendresse...but a team could pick him in the top 5...to schock everyone as much like when the Wheeler pick was announced, last year.Latendresse could go anywhere from 5 to 30.

Nowhere has projected Latendresse to be a second rounder. Sure, he COULD be, you never know what's going to happen on draft day until it happens, but that certainly is not where he is projected to go.

FYI: Latendresse: ISS(17th), TSN(21st), McKeen's (17th), THN (14th) ----. Thanks Guy

They don't have all that much in common. Latendresse was an extremely heralded player who had a rough start, presumably because of his shoulder injury. Wheeler was unheralded, seen as a consensus second rounder (I don't remember seeing a single mock that had him above 20, and many didn't have him in the top 50). Wheeler needs to learn how to use his frame, GL is an animal when it comes to hitting, drives to the net well, uses his body to protect the puck.....he knows how to use his frame extremely well. That is the furthest thing from an issue with him.

I'm sorry, I just don't see where any of that is coming from.

modestfwd

May 17, 2004
Latendresse is the next Wes O'Neil. That's right I said it.

How many people here were confused on Wes' status? I saw him going top 10, 10-20, 20-30, ect...

He had skating problems too. NO WAY IS LATENDRESSE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM SIMILAR TO BLAKE WHEELER. How can you even think that? Blake was supposed to go low, went high. Latendresse looks to do the exact opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad