Guillaume Latendresse on fire!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
He's been absolutely dominant the past 7 or 8 games, I think he's finally found the consistency he's lacked earlier this year. He now has 34 pts in 33 games. 11 pts in the last 5 games, very impressive.

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
Nice to hear that he's catching fire. Let's hope he can keep up a good pace, his draft stock could rise quite a bit. With the kind of frame he has he can easily be drafted early if he shows some offensive promises.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I never really understood why people were getting down on him in the first place. I've never seen him, but you hear he's super talented and big. He wasn't going to rip the league apart coming off that injury.

Hopefully he keeps it up.

CH Wizard

Finally !!!!!!!!!!

As like awesome said his stock could raise again.At the beginning of the year.He was top 10 materal.Now , We even don't know if He's first round material.Scouts are having serious doubt about his offensive skills.Don't forget that He's playing in a pretty weak team.He's generating almost all the offence of his team.I saw him play several times.It'll be interesting to watch ISS rankings in Junuary.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
awesome` said:
Nice to hear that he's catching fire. Let's hope he can keep up a good pace, his draft stock could rise quite a bit. With the kind of frame he has he can easily be drafted early if he shows some offensive promises.
Doesn't he know stop, drop, and roll? :dunno:

:joker:

D@mn, this sucks. I was hoping he would continue his cr@ppy year and fall to the Rangers in the second round, assuming there would be a draft this year. He will be a fine player in the NHL, people jump off the bandwagon a bit to quickly.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
Seachd said:
I never really understood why people were getting down on him in the first place. I've never seen him, but you hear he's super talented and big. He wasn't going to rip the league apart coming off that injury.

Hopefully he keeps it up.

The difference between a Kilger and a Bertuzzi is often slim. Latendresse was a bit sitting on his value since the beginning of the year, like he said himself at the prospect game: "I do what i have to do".

He's a good kid, I'm confident he'll finish the season strong.

TCB2004

Nov 29, 2004
People hop on and off bandwagons too quickly...from what I've heard and read, I can't imagine when all is said and done that Latendresse won't be top 15 and probably top 10.

Besides his renewed scoring touch can anyone comment about his play as of late? How physical has he been. Does he scrap?

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
TCB2004 said:
People hop on and off bandwagons too quickly...from what I've heard and read, I can't imagine when all is said and done that Latendresse won't be top 15 and probably top 10.

Besides his renewed scoring touch can anyone comment about his play as of late? How physical has he been. Does he scrap?

You heard me, I've been following him and Bourret (because I played against them both) since atom and Latendresse is the real deal. I just can't see how his game cannot transalate to the pros, he's like Joe Thornton out there (when he's on his game).

boby

Oct 3, 2004
My information is...the coaching staff (Domic Ricard) for Drummondville work véry hard for conclude a trade whit Lewiston for Bourret(he is from Drummondville) Ricard like put Latendresse -Bourret and Derrick Brassard on the same lines,Latendresse and Bourret are two good friend and he play same style.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
I saw him play in Dummondville 3 days ago and he was invisible on the ice. He did one thing that caught my eye.. he got a nice acceleration.
He scored a garbage goal thats it. I wasnt impress at all. Joanisse was quite good.
Paquet had a so-so game. Made some mistakes in his zone.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
boby said:
My information is...the coaching staff (Domic Ricard) for Drummondville work véry hard for conclude a trade whit Lewiston for Bourret(he is from Drummondville) Ricard like put Latendresse -Bourret and Derrick Brassard on the same lines,Latendresse and Bourret are two good friend and he play same style.

I can't see that...Bourret is in the top 5 in term of scoring and if Latendresse don't go to Drummundville, who would?

Rich09

Oct 22, 2004
There were two guys in the same situation a couple years ago. One of those was big and the other not, so the bigger gets picked first. It was Eric Chouinard and Simon Gagné.. :handclap:

TCB2004

Nov 29, 2004
Leachmeister2000 said:
You heard me, I've been following him and Bourret (because I played against them both) since atom and Latendresse is the real deal. I just can't see how his game cannot transalate to the pros, he's like Joe Thornton out there (when he's on his game).

Is he as physical and/or play with the edge Thornton does? And since you mentioned him, can you tell me more about Bourret? I saw someone compare Bourret's upside to Brendan Morrow. Does he have more skill than Morrow, especially when it comes to passing skills?

LHJMQFAN

Oct 30, 2004
Latendresse is a good player. Seen him a couple of time. He does not have his brother's ability or intellegence but he is strong and big. He is getting faster but should improve his play without the puck.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
He's been absolutely dominant the past 7 or 8 games, I think he's finally found the consistency he's lacked earlier this year. He now has 34 pts in 33 games. 11 pts in the last 5 games, very impressive.

Ranked in the Top 10 by ISS scouting this month. He must be doing something right?

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
SportBoy said:
There were two guys in the same situation a couple years ago. One of those was big and the other not, so the bigger gets picked first. It was Eric Chouinard and Simon Gagné.. :handclap:

But their styles aren't comparable to Latendresse/Bourret.

I need to see more of Latendresse. I saw him against Russia and he didn't looked like a first rounder out there, let alone top 10.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
TCB2004 said:
Is he as physical and/or play with the edge Thornton does? And since you mentioned him, can you tell me more about Bourret? I saw someone compare Bourret's upside to Brendan Morrow. Does he have more skill than Morrow, especially when it comes to passing skills?

He's pretty physical out there, but he's by no means a troublemaker or a pest, he's quite strong on the puck and can dish out the odd bodycheck or two... he's more of a playmaker than a goal scorer though he definitely has some nice set of skills, good stickhandling, decent speed...better fitness level than Bernier that's for sure

As for Bourret, he has first line upside, I don't think his height will hold him back that much because he's just so damn solid on his skates. He can be a bit flashy when he wants to, but it's mostly his physical game that's going to catch scouts' eyes. I say he's got some decent stickhandling and a great shot. As for his passing game, it's his main offensive weapon. Awesome vision.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I think that anyone who doesn't think Guillame Latendress is a first rounder needs to take a closer look. The great thing about Latendress is not only can he produce offensively but he's a pretty solid all around player. He's always the deepest forward in the defensive zone and he never tries to be too fancy or risky in the offensive zone.

He was playing moncton last night and he didn't get on teh score sheet but he was throwing his weight around, intercepting passes, and even went down a blocked a vicious shot from Oskars Bartulis about 5 feet off his stick. He was visibly hurt and limped to the bench. He came back and was totally fine, it was just a stinger. But the total team first dynamic he displayed all game has got to be a positive indicator.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Matt MacInnis said:
I think that anyone who doesn't think Guillame Latendress is a first rounder needs to take a closer look. The great thing about Latendress is not only can he produce offensively but he's a pretty solid all around player. He's always the deepest forward in the defensive zone and he never tries to be too fancy or risky in the offensive zone.

He was playing moncton last night and he didn't get on teh score sheet but he was throwing his weight around, intercepting passes, and even went down a blocked a vicious shot from Oskars Bartulis about 5 feet off his stick. He was visibly hurt and limped to the bench. He came back and was totally fine, it was just a stinger. But the total team first dynamic he displayed all game has got to be a positive indicator.

Thank you ! Points aren't all that matters.

People are all getting on the Bourret bandwagon right now, but Latendresse is better and has much much more potential.

That being said I really like Bourret too, but he's being overhyped right now. I don't see 1st line potential for him in the NHL.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Matt MacInnis said:

thats the kind of analysis i heard early in the year and hoped he would fall to edmonton, skilled players are getting pretty slim in recent drafts, but a skilled player with a total team first attitude that is way harder to find

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Doesn't he remind anyone of Steve Beriner, whatever happend to him anyways? Man am i glad the Canadiens didnt draft him, and Bourret reminds me a lot, (too much even ) of a younger Bill Lindsay :(

CH Wizard

Marcel the great! said:
Doesn't he remind anyone of Steve Beriner, whatever happend to him anyways? Man am i glad the Canadiens didnt draft him, and Bourret reminds me a lot, (too much even ) of a younger Bill Lindsay :(

Why ? He's a big forward who can score a lot.He's still doing well in the Q.He's a pure goalscorer , he impressed me a lot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad