Galchenyuk moves again
Fast to Edmonton
Winnipeg somehow stands pat
I see no way that this happens.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I see no way that this happens.

I hear you. The reported asking price is too high, Minny might not want to sell while his value is low, and Toronto doesn't have the specific pieces that would be of most interest to the Wild (centers and high picks).

But Dumba fits the bill perfectly for Toronto, and is exactly the kind of player Dubas would be interested in. Minny might be more likely to sell since they got a haul for Zucker. Guerin seems like he has his finger on the "detonate" button.

Kapanen and Whatshisname isn't going to get it done. But I think Dubas could get original here and make something happen.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
But Dumba fits the bill perfectly for Toronto, and is exactly the kind of player Dubas would be interested in. Minny might be more likely to sell since they got a haul for Zucker. Guerin seems like he has his finger on the "detonate" button.

And it looks like that's the case, as he just fired Bruce Boudreau.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I hear you. The reported asking price is too high, Minny might not want to sell while his value is low, and Toronto doesn't have the specific pieces that would be of most interest to the Wild (centers and high picks).

Kapanen and Whatshisname isn't going to get it done. But I think Dubas could get original here and make something happen.
Oh there are guys that would fit here perfectly, but without our 1st...i have no idea how we land any of:
Dumba
Manson
Petry

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I don't think it's a matter of creativity. It sounds like the only way to get Guerin's attention on Dumba or Brodin is to offer a serious, long-term answer at top-6 center. I don't think Toronto has that to offer.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Ennis and Hainsey BACK to Toronto for a 4th, and 5th in 2020.

Pageau to Colorado for Tyson Jost + a conditional 3rd in 2021 (can become a second if the Avs either make the Stanley Cup Finals OR re-sign Pageau, can also become a 1st if the Avs both make the Stanley Cup Finals AND re-sign Pageau).

Namestnikov + Verroneau to Edmonton for a 3rd round pick in 2020, Cooper Marody, and Sam Gagner.

Dylan DeMelo to Calgary for a conditional 3rd in 2020 (can become a 2nd if the Flames win at least one round AND/OR re-sign DeMelo.

EDIT: Conditional pick in Pageau deal changed to 2021, as I’ve been notified that the Avs don’t have a 2nd this year, as well as being reminded of the fact that the Avs could still re-sign him after the draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarberPole9

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Alec Martinez to Carolina for a 2nd and Domenick Fensore
Trevor Lewis to NYI for a 4th round pick
Ben Hutton to Tampa Bay for Maxim Cajkovic
Joakim Ryan to Vegas for future considerations
Tyler Toffoli with retention to Boston for Anders Bjork and a 3rd

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

newtron

Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa
The Sens re-sign one of Pageau or Tierney, the other will be traded to the Islanders. Both trades will involve picks and/or A/B level prospects.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Alec Martinez to Carolina for a 2nd and Domenick Fensore
Trevor Lewis to NYI for a 4th round pick
Ben Hutton to Tampa Bay for Maxim Cajkovic
Joakim Ryan to Vegas for future considerations
Tyler Toffoli with retention to Boston for Anders Bjork and a 3rd

Boston won't trade Bjork, especially for a rental. The Kings would likely get a second-round pick from Boston in return.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Oh there are guys that would fit here perfectly, but without our 1st...i have no idea how we land any of:
Dumba
Manson
Petry

Im definitely getting rid of Manson. Did you watch the game last night? 6-0 Flames In our own fricken building. This team is atrocious from the Defense out. I know this team can’t score goals for shit as is. But really? 6-0??? Wow...... Manson is going to highest bidder. And I also got Cam Fowler going for a first.

This entire team is in blow it up mode. I feel bad for those people who paid good money to watch a despicable performance.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Im definitely getting rid of Manson. Did you watch the game last night? 6-0 Flames In our own fricken building. This team is atrocious from the Defense out. I know this team can’t score goals for **** as is. But really? 6-0??? Wow...... Manson is going to highest bidder. And I also got Cam Fowler going for a first.

This entire team is in blow it up mode. I feel bad for those people who paid good money to watch a despicable performance.
Feel the same way about the TO/Dallas game last night...pure shit from the goalie out.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Feel the same way about the TO/Dallas game last night...pure **** from the goalie out.

Its just utter catastrophe. And our GM sucks. He won’t do shit about it. People paying big money and spending time on these meaningless games of the Ducks. And in return our GM is rumored to not sell any core players. What core players? The entire team last season was last in the league in scoring. And this season is almost the same.

Core players? My ass this team has maybe one and that’s Gibson. The entire team can go. If Toronto has highest bid on Manson? I’m taking it. I’m done with watching a shit show

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Its just utter catastrophe. And our GM sucks. He won’t do **** about it. People paying big money and spending time on these meaningless games of the Ducks. And in return our GM is rumored to not sell any core players. What core players? The entire team last season was last in the league in scoring. And this season is almost the same.

Core players? My ass this team has maybe one and that’s Gibson. The entire team can go. If Toronto has highest bid on Manson? I’m taking it. I’m done with watching a **** show
Oh my friend...we Leafs fans have felt your pain...still feeling it in some ways. I think once you have a chance to take a breath, you will see that you have a few building blocks like Gibson/Lindholm/Rakell to build off of.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Ledge And Dairy

I was thinking an ECHL player getting paid a lot lol
I think you are missing the point, Cousins and a 5th is not worth a 3rd to Calgary. I dont't think i would offer more than a 5th. He's a left handed left wing bottom 6 player, we have 12 of those of similar caliber. Only advantage is he is an RFA next year. He doesn't kill penalties and does't really improve our powerplay so I dont see the point.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Pageau to Colorado for Tyson Jost + a conditional 3rd in 2020 (can become a second if the Avs either make the Stanley Cup Finals OR re-sign Pageau, can also become a 1st if the Avs both make the Stanley Cup Finals AND re-sign Pageau).
Like it except the pick would have to be a ‘21 conditional for two reasons, 1) Avs don’t have a ‘20 2nd and 2) they would still own Pageau’s rights after the ‘20 draft and could still re-sign him after it.

Reactions: Clayonator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad