Speculation: Guess the trades that happen before or on trade deadline

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Really? I don’t see any problem with selling Granlund for futures, if they decide to give up on this year, but if they are going to try does it not make sense to trade an unproductive player for one who could strengthen the team? Assuming the Preds intend to play for the playoffs, I think a UFA hamonic would benefit them more than a UFA Granlund.

Granlund has been productive since Laviolette got fired and Hynes came in, but we should sell on Granlund and Smith regardless of if we have a shot at the playoffs or not.

UFA for UFA is just rearranging the decks on the titanic, we're already a long shot for the playoffs.
If we make it, that's great, but we're probably not going to make it and with the way this team is playing we're not going to go far with Hamonic or without.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Some gut feelings:

RhD Josh Manson, ANA --> either TOR or NYI
Both have lot of forwards to give for a rebuilding team. Think Toronto being more desperate and giving Kapanen, but also getting Carter Rowney or Derek Grant in the trade. Letting Kapanen go would be being short of penalty killers, when Trevor Moore was traded earlier.

RhD Mike Green, DET --> Vegas or Calgary (both have need for RhD) better fit: Calgary
RhD Sami Vatanen, NJD --> Vegas or Calgary, better fit: Vegas. They need the better player (which Vatanen is), cause/and Calgary injuries are not season-ending. Green better fit for Flames as instant help and playoff depth.

Columbus could also join on this "club", thanks to injury of RhD Seth Jones, could also go after Manson.

LW Chris Kreider, NYR ---> TBL, they just want more net-front precence, kind of "upgraded Maroon", and have that continuous trade-connection.

LhD Alec Martinez, LAK ---> FLO, biggest need left-handed D. St. Louis could also be interested (Bouwmeester-case)

RhD Matt Dumba, MIN ---> CAR
Minnesota is gonna trade either Brodin or Dumba. Pittsburgh would prefer LhD (Brodin), but don't have anymore youth material to give for Minny.
Carolina goes after Dumba (RhD Hamilton injured) and they have lots of young players to give for Minny. Pittsburgh has to go with the cheap option:
LhD Trevor Daley, DET ---> PIT (for low pick)

W Darren Helm, DET ---> EDM. It just happens. Stanley Cup winning experience to Oilers. Holland always will add some depth. (50% retention, for a pick, not a 1st). Jurco - Sheahan - Helm also have played a lot together formerly.

RW Tyler Toffoli, LAK -
--> STL or BOS. This will be a huge bidding war. Both will prefer a right-handed scorer.
If Tarasenko won't return at regular season, STL will go hard for Toffoli. If he returns, STL interest could change more of replacing Bouwmeester. Then Toffoli will end up to Boston.

F Andreas Athanasiou, DET --> STL or BOS. Who does not get Toffoli, will go after AA. But they could also face a surprise 3rd party destination: Colorado Avalanche. Maybe for Zadorov.

C JP Pageau, OTT ---> NYI/VGK/COL. Really tough to pick this destination. All contenders have good center core. Colorado a possibility, if Athanasiou goes elsewhere. I say NY Islanders, because they are a bit weak from center, and main PK player Clutterbuck is injured. And Lamoriello likes to get as defensive as possible.

Some LhD ---> STL. If Bouwmeester career will end, they'll go after someone, like Ron Hainsey from Ottawa, maybe?

Reactions: simon IC

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I'll do 5 and likely hit on none.

Dillon to St. Louis for a pick. (Wish it was Hofer but don't see that happening) -- Think there's a hole because of J-Bo who I can't imagine plays again this season.

Lewis to NYI for a pick.

Frk to Edmonton for a pick -- Think Holland will try to get him back.

Daley to Tampa Bay for a pick

Grant to Washington for a pick.
Now that is interesting. One game in, and we really miss JBo. Especially on the PK. Is Dillon a good PK'er?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Man I was taking a sip of my scotch when I read this. Laughed so abruptly and hard that the scotch came out of my nose.

God $%@# it stings.

Then I saw you got a like for your post and I puked a little in my mouth.
I hope that wasn't single malt. :)

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
JP Pageau and Craig Anderson (50% retained) to the Pittsburgh Penguins for Matt Murray and Nick Bjugstad
Rickard Rackell to the Boston Bruins for 1st 2020, 2nd 2020, Jakub Zboril, David Backes and 2nd 2021 (turns into a first if Boston wins the cup in either 2020 or 2021)
Pittsburgh not trading murray before seasons end

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
There will be other teams offering a conditional 3rd.
If kovy is traded to the bruins, it will be for a 2nd.
Don't want him , he can score in gimmicks still like shootouts and 3 v 3, but he still has that lazy side of his game that I don't like. I think he stays with the habs, he seems to like it there and they seem to like him.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
What would Kreider,Strome, and Georgie fetch from Colorado????

I don’t see them all going in one package. Kreider for a 1st and Jost maybe or Strome for a 2nd. I don’t think the Avs are looking for a goalie. For the three players you’d have to ask for Byram or Newhook + and Colorado says no to both so I don’t see it. I still think Boston makes the most sense for Kreider... maybe they get a pick tacked on if he resigns ... just seems like a natural fit.

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
Ceci + Bracco + 2nd for Jeff Petry (@ 50% retention)
Hahahahahahaha garbage, a 2nd and a guy who has never done anything in NHL for top pairing D and retention?

The price is a 1st and Liljegran

He is better then Muzzin and he got Durzi and a 1st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->