Speculation: Guess the Trade

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Another poster already said this but I could see both Gologoski and Setoguchi as fits. Both are young players struggling at the moment, but they have both played at high levels previously. I think they both just need a change of scenery (like Flash 2 years ago)

Ovechkin-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Laich-Backstrom-Setoguchi
Chimera-Johansson-Ward
Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb
Wolski

Alzner-Green
Gologoski-Carlson
Orlov-Kundratek/Erskine

Looks good to me.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Unless they stash both Kundratek and Orlov in Hershey, there has to be a roster move at some point. Once Laich and Orlov are healthy, we'd be two players over the roster limit. You can free one spot by demoting Kundratek to Hershey, but I'm not even sure they want to do that until Orlov is healthy (or even then, depending on how strong Oates' feels about the handedness of his defensemen).

Someone is either getting traded or hitting waivers. Hamrlik and Perreault are the obvious candidates to me.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Three-way trade:

Fehr + 1st to FLA
Flash + 2nd to ANA
Getzlaf to WSH

...and order is restored to the universe.

Anaheim is contending. Not sure why they not only mess with their chemistry, but make their center depth even worse. They're already trying Bobby Ryan as a 2nd line center, no way they deal away their #1.

CAPITAL PUNISHMENT

Oct 18, 2010
Maryland
We should trade Backstrom for Galchenyuk. The kid is amazing. Backstrom and Ovi haven't found chemistry as of late, but they have in the KHL. McPhee should wait till the season is lost if anything.

oh how I would love to have that kid in the line-up. especially with Kuz coming over.....the second *******!!!

CAPITAL PUNISHMENT

Oct 18, 2010
Maryland
Another poster already said this but I could see both Gologoski and Setoguchi as fits. Both are young players struggling at the moment, but they have both played at high levels previously. I think they both just need a change of scenery (like Flash 2 years ago)

Ovechkin-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Laich-Backstrom-Setoguchi
Chimera-Johansson-Ward
Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb
Wolski

Alzner-Green
Gologoski-Carlson
Orlov-Kundratek/Erskine

Looks good to me.

how much of the future would you have to give up to make this happen though..I'm not willing to part with Kuz, Forsberg or a first. Who are we shopping then PERREAULT??

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Man was I ever wrong about Fehr so far. 0 points and a -4 in 7 games with less than 8 minutes per night. If he weren't so cheap I could see him getting waived.

I still think he'd be a better option than Brouwer in the slot on the PP with his shot but I doubt he gets much of a sniff there.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
shake up trades involving secondary struggling players are the most common. Hamrlik for Whitney (Edmonton) ?

Just what we need...to make our D even SOFTER!

You all realize we have a weak D when it comes to physical play right? Everytime I see a proposal for Goligoski/Whitney types I truly cringe.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Just what we need...to make our D even SOFTER!

You all realize we have a weak D when it comes to physical play right? Everytime I see a proposal for Goligoski/Whitney types I truly cringe.

True enough, but I think some puck movement and speed on the left side is a desperate need as well.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
how much of the future would you have to give up to make this happen though..I'm not willing to part with Kuz, Forsberg or a first. Who are we shopping then PERREAULT??

Both of those guys are currently healthy scratches. Don't think they'd be asking for Kuz, Forsberg or a 1st.

Liberati0n*

Anaheim is contending. Not sure why they not only mess with their chemistry, but make their center depth even worse. They're already trying Bobby Ryan as a 2nd line center, no way they deal away their #1.

I'm pretty sure he was kidding. Order would be restored because of the whole Fehr/Getzlaf thing.

BPMrules

Nov 10, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Unless the ship turns around soon, I'd imagine some of the following players will be heading out at some point...

Forwards:
Chimera, Perreault, Galiev, Ward*, Laich*

Defense:
Hamrlik, Schultz, Kundratek, Orlov*, Green*(if the return is great enough)

the * indicates a deadline deal with a high return

They'd definitely go to a west coast team, I'd think either Nashville, Edmonton, or LA.
Potentially even Anaheim if BB has the pull to get some of "his guys" back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->