Speculation: Guess the Trade

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Just what it says. McPhee is looking to shake things up. Guess the trade!

1 point for guessing the Caps player moved
1 point for guessing the other team
1 point for guessing each other part of the deal, per other part
5 bonus points for correctly guessing the entire deal

The person with the most points gets to decide my avatar for the next X weeks, where X is the number of points he/she scored. He/she is also allotted X-1 avatar changes (optional).

In the event of a tie, all those who tied will win, and decide my avatar in chronological order of when they submitted their guess.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
Hopefully this is not a flaming zone. I don't research this stuff and go buck wild proposing pretend trades all time like you guys.

Hamrlik to Montreal for Yannick Weber
Perreault and Schultz to Dallas for Goligoski

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Really should the Caps trade for struggling young players?

I figure though something like a 3rd for Penner could happen. If it doesn't work, he just costs the team some money and a seat in the press box and aren't stuck with him.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Roman Hamrlik & Joey Crabb to LA for Jordan Nolan and a seventh round pick.

Or some such meathead like McGratton. Earth-shattering. :yo:

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
We should trade Backstrom for Galchenyuk. The kid is amazing. Backstrom and Ovi haven't found chemistry as of late, but they have in the KHL. McPhee should wait till the season is lost if anything.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

in journalism speak, sources around the league are people outside the game, media very likely, that have no first hand inside knowledge. its nobody with nothing. we would not be allowed to post that stuff here on our own.

he says nothing may happen and says the caps want holtby and neuvirth to work it out on their own.

sure....mcphee might be looking to make a deal, but this guy knows exactly squat about that.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
George's big move this year will be to rerereaquire Milan Jurcina.While it may be tough to pry him off last years Slovak national team, it won't cost us more than it cost us when we rereaquired him the 2nd time.

While Hammer is an obvious candidate to go out, I think George uses his bag skates to keep the mood light at Kettler.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
I'm guessing Hamr is involved. To Detroit. For a 3rd rounder.

I'd much rather see him in the lineup, but if they're not going to play him, set him free.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
in journalism speak, sources around the league are people outside the game, media very likely, that have no first hand inside knowledge. its nobody with nothing. we would not be allowed to post that stuff here on our own.

he says nothing may happen and says the caps want holtby and neuvirth to work it out on their own.

sure....mcphee might be looking to make a deal, but this guy knows exactly squat about that.

Honestly could not give less of a ****. Just trying to do something fun. If you hate fun, don't play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad