Guess the date Chia gets fired pool

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Judging by what I’ve been reading in the STH thread I think we’re getting close to (if we’re not at that point already) where, for the first time since Katz owned the team, that the on ice performance is starting to affect the bottom line. Those three year seat guarantees are up at the end of this season. We may finally be getting to the point where Katz is interesting in taking a look at how he’s running his team and making some tough choices.
I doubt it. There's always suckers wanting to replace those who give up their season tickets.

CageRage

Aug 15, 2009
Date: April 8 11AM
Attendees: Nicholson, Keith Gretzky
Fired: Chia
Replacement: Keith Gretzky

Forensic audit: 0
Process: 5
Patience: 3
The Plan: 1
Mr. Katz: 0

In the unlikely event that I win I would also want the tickets to go to a family with a child in the stollery hospital.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Time: January 21st, 8:00 am; press conference 12:00 that day.

Attendees: Nicholson, W. Gretzky
Fired: Chia
Replacement: Keith Gretzky

Forensic audit:0
Process:3
Patience:2
The Plan:1
Mr. Katz:4

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Would it be worth including "resigned" with "fired" so either or is applicable? I tend to agree, these alumni are so close to the situation, I don't even think they can see it anymore.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Date: Monday, April 8 2019
Time: Announcement at 9 a.m., presser at 11:00 a.m.
Attendees: The triad of goombas (Lowe, MacT, Nicholson)
Fired: only Chiarelli.
Replacement: Keith Gretzky named interim, and conductive search is on fir the next GM.

Forensic audit: Used zero times.
Process: 8 times
Patience: 5 times
The Plan: 12 times
Mr. Katz: 6 times

***In the extremely unlikely event I win, I live in Med Hat so please donate my tickets to a family or two who could use a night out because they have a child staying at the Stollery Hospital long term.***
Concur.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
April 15 2019. 10am tweet from the Oilers twitter

Nicholson and MacTavish attending the 12pm presser.

MacTavish taking over on an interim basis while also looking with Nicholson for the next GM.

No buzzwords.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Chia get fired on April 7/2019.

Keith Gretzky will be the new GM.

Forensic audit= 0

Process=2

Patience=3

The plan=0

Mr.Katz=5

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
This is more based on hope than reality.

Jan 29-19 (resign more likely or place into another position) (after we are all but formally eliminated from playoff race)
Announcer: Bob
Attendees: Lowe, Bob
Fired: Just Chia
Replacement: interim Keith/MacT, searching for all options

Process:4
Patience:5
The Plan: 0
Mr. Katz:3

h73Zt3B.gif

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Should add a few more prop bets to the contest:

• the number of times an Oilers executive says that "it's fair to say, half the teams in the NHL would trade their rosters for ours"
  • the number of times an Oilers executive says that they "know a thing or two about winning"
  • the number of times an Oilers executive says "you're telling me you're getting impatient after nine years?" (since they always claim the rebuild started in 2010)
Also, Chiarelli won't be fired. He will be promoted as assistant to Bobby Nicks and Keith Gretzky will be GM.

Also something about how the Oilers are still paying for the success in the 80's and that these things are cyclical in nature...

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Would it be worth including "resigned" with "fired" so either or is applicable? I tend to agree, these alumni are so close to the situation, I don't even think they can see it anymore.

Yes for me it is one and the same. Resigned, Relocated, Re-established, Repurposed, Reformatted, Relinquish, Renounce, Retire, Revise.....Promoted, Fired, any word is fine, the assumption is that he is no longer the GM and someone else will be in the position who will "work harder" and "think smarter".

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Oilers miss the playoffs and finish bottom 5, so will be fired June 20, 2019.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'll play but I don't think they are gonna fire him. He'll "step down" from the GM job and continue to be the POHO.

Date: Thursday, January 24, 2019
Time: 10am announcement, 12pm press conference
Attendees: Bob Nicholson
Fired: Peter Chiarelli
Replacement: Keith Gretzky (interim GM)
Forenisc audit: 2 times
Process: 1
Patience: 2
The Plan: 3
Mr. Katz: 4
I'm gonna be eliminated from contention almost immediately.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
April 8th. Locker clean out day after we miss the playoffs.
Announcer: Bob Nicholson
Attendees: Nicholson
Fired: Chiarelli, Howson, Sutter, Green, Scott: MacTavish kicked upstairs to a non-hockey ops role.
Replacement: TBD - Keith Gretzky stays on to run draft.

Process:0
Patience:0
The Plan: 2
Mr. Katz: 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->