Player Discussion Guess Matthew Tkachuks contract for bragging rights.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Can they put Valimaki on LTIR and save another 900K?
I'm assuming that will happen once the season starts. although I'm in no way a cap expert, but they won't save $900,000. All the Flames will be allowed to do is exceed the cap by a maximum of that amount if its required.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I'm assuming that will happen once the season starts. although I'm in no way a cap expert, but they won't save $900,000. All the Flames will be allowed to do is exceed the cap by a maximum of that amount if its required.

Yeah that's what I meant, they get the cap space to use on Tkachuk

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
There is a good chance nobody picks him up.

How many teams have cap space for 4.5M

If they do, they are probably not a good team and do not need someone like Frolik

I don’t have any thoughts anyone would. But how much cap would we save?

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
It's league minimum plus 375K

niFpoqu.png

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
No need to make any changes until Tkachuk is signed and once that happens there's always the option of sending both Kylington and Dube down which would save a little over $1.5M and increases the Flames cap space to $7.8M
Send them down until a trade for either Brodie or Frolik can be made.
Not the ideal situation but sometimes you don't have a choice.

P.S. I keep having the feeling that Treliving has a deal in place for either Brodie or Frolik he's keeping it in his back pocket until the best deal possible can be made with Tkachuk.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
No need to make any changes until Tkachuk is signed and once that happens there's always the option of sending both Kylington and Dube down which would save a little over $1.5M and increases the Flames cap space to $7.8M
Send them down until a trade for either Brodie or Frolik can be made.
Not the ideal situation but sometimes you don't have a choice.

P.S. I keep having the feeling that Treliving has a deal in place for either Brodie or Frolik he's keeping it in his back pocket until the best deal possible can be made with Tkachuk.

If you were to look really hard at Trevling's back pocket, what deal would it be?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
He has a limited NTC so I am just assuming Winnipeg would be on it, but you never know.
He did sign in Winnipeg for a year after being traded there so maybe not. Maybe the cold doesn't scare him, because I don't think Minny was on his NTC in that rumoured Zucker trade

Although, now I see that the Jets have all that space only if Byfuglien doesn't report until opening day of the season. If he comes back, that 8 million or whatever it is counts towards the cap again. So a trade would have to come in October and would likely be contingent on his retirement.

I think Buff's gonna hang them up, personally. We saw what a lack of training camp did to Jagr and he was in better shape in his 40s than Byfuglien's been in his entire career - also man I miss Jagr, I really wish that signing worked out

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hamonic to Winnipeg

I like his heart but I think his skills is slowly disappearing....he is getting close to Kris Russell bad with some toughness. Blocking shots is good but it's not good if it's only your remaining skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad