Player Discussion Guess Matthew Tkachuks contract for bragging rights.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I can't imagine either side wants to go through this next summer as well. So I could see a 2-3 year deal, but not a 1 year deal.
I’m thinking 3 of 5 year is most likely. However, if the caphit is an issue and we can’t move Frolik for example. I can see them doing a 1 year with a handshake agreement in place for extension.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I’m thinking 3 of 5 year is most likely. However, if the caphit is an issue and we can’t move Frolik for example. I can see them doing a 1 year with a handshake agreement in place for extension.
Perhaps, but I still think that is when would they go 2 years and worry about the extension on July 1. That said, I believe Tre has offers for Frolik and just hasn't traded him, hoping he won't need to.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Could they not, in theory, sign him to a one year deal, then immediately sign him to an 8 year extension? I'm sure it's not possible, or it has to wait until January or some such thing. But it would be creatively Brad Treliving-esque.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Could they not, in theory, sign him to a one year deal, then immediately sign him to an 8 year extension? I'm sure it's not possible, or it has to wait until January or some such thing. But it would be creatively Brad Treliving-esque.
They'd have to wait until Jan. 1

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
They'd have to wait until Jan 1, but what would be the benefit of this for Tkachuk? I'm not exactly clear on what he would gain from doing this, whereas he'd be risking a lot such as injury, less productivity, even suspension, etc.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
They'd have to wait until Jan 1, but what would be the benefit of this for Tkachuk? I'm not exactly clear on what he would gain from doing this, whereas he'd be risking a lot such as injury, less productivity, even suspension, etc.
Well more money for one, the Flames can give him a much higher AAV for the extension but it keeps the cap hit low(ish) for this season.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

More money over the term of the next deal. They can give him something like say, 6.5m for this season with an understanding the extension will be 8+ or whatever.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Boeser signed 3x5.85

Matt, don't be greedy, you should sign 3x7m and get ready for the season

Reactions: Tofveve

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Boeser signed 3x5.85

Matt, don't be greedy, you should sign 3x7m and get ready for the season
The Flames only have $6.34M left in cap space so I'd prefer, if he's not being greedy, that he signs for less than that. Any more, barring a trade by the Flames to dump cap, and Dube is likely to start the season in the AHL even if he doesn't derserve to.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Send Czarnik to the minors and you save the bulk of his $1.25 million cap hit, or all of it in the very likely event that he's claimed on waivers
I'm not crazy about that. We are short on legitimate right wingers that are right hand shots... losing Czarnik decimates that pool even further.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The Flames only have $6.34M left in cap space so I'd prefer, if he's not being greedy, that he signs for less than that. Any more, barring a trade by the Flames to dump cap, and Dube is likely to start the season in the AHL even if he doesn't derserve to.

Can they put Valimaki on LTIR and save another 900K?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad